Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

9 hours ago, China said:

Demographics of Social Media

When Pew Research Center began tracking social media adoption in 2005, just 5% of American adults used at least one of these platforms. By 2011 that share had risen to half of all Americans, and today 72% of the public uses some type of social media.

That's Americans in general, not the ones that vote.  72% of the entire population doesn't suprise me, but that includes people that can't vote (like kids).  Half of eligible voters don't vote, so curious where the overlap is.

Facebook is also hemorrhaging users in younger generations, thankfully, for other platforms like tik tok (unfortunately), but that does help limit their exposure to target propaganda (not eliminates, jus shows that existential threats aren't jus targeting us, they are targeting platforms they expect actual voters to use, like Facebook and twitter).

Among my friends, we are going on FB and Instagram only once a day because of all the ads. Every other post is an ad. I read Heather Cox Robinson's Letter from an American everyday, see what my friends post, wish happy birthdays and that's about it. 

It's the ads that are killing these platforms.

• Like 1

I get the majority of my news here and a few podcasts, mostly NPR ones.  I probably have less than 10 posts on Twitter.  I cruise it sometimes when bored.  Dont have an Instagram, etc.  My Facebook is probably 90% Buzzette tagging me in stuff.  

I just realized I don't think I am connected to anyone from here on Facebook.  Is that weird?

1 minute ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

I get the majority of my news here and a few podcasts, mostly NPR ones.  I probably have less than 10 posts on Twitter.  I cruise it sometimes when bored.  Dont have an Instagram, etc.  My Facebook is probably 90% Buzzette tagging me in stuff.  

I just realized I don't think I am connected to anyone from here on Facebook.  Is that weird?

Not to me.

14 hours ago, FLSkinz83 said:

What percentage of voters do you think are on social media?     My guess is much less than 50%

If you reduce "social media" to facebook & twitter, perhaps, but I would say social media includes platform with any kind of comment section, interaction with it's users etc etc.....also media online/alt-media accounts for a much larger source for where people watch their news now.  A lot of people even get their cable news in shorter bite sized highlights on youtube.  The point is, I don't know anyone who was passively or actively seeking out the Hunter Biden laptop story, that was unable to get all the available information known at any given time.  On the contrary, those screaming the most about it, seem to omit specific details about how the story came to be in the first place, or the fact that media organizations themselves requested to get a copy of the materials so they could properly vet the story and figure out how to proceed.   The entire story was a game to begin with and shows the modern power of just putting stuff out there and allowing it to take on a life of it's own.

3 hours ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

Subscribe to a newspaper, for Gawd's sake.

• Thumb up 1

14 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I miss the days when I got The Washington Post on Sundays and read it while having brunch and my Sunday coffee. I might look into getting the paper down here. I really enjoy that newspaper.

You should. Online subscriptions are available.  

• Like 1

Trump Bragged He Had ‘Intelligence’ on Macron’s Sex Life

ON THE FBI’S list of documents seized from Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate, item 1a is listed solely as “info re: President of France.” For Trump, that has been a subject of intense — and tawdry — interest for years.

Specifically, Trump has bragged to some of his closest associates — both during and after his time in the White House — that he knew illicit details about the love life of French President Emmanuel Macron, two people with knowledge of the matter tell Rolling Stone. And the former president even claimed that he learned about some of this dirt through “intelligence” he had seen or been briefed on, these sources say.  

It’s not clear whether the Macron-related document the FBI seized during the raid had anything at all to do with the French president’s personal life. Nor is it clear whether the information on Macron seized from Mar-a-Lago is derived from U.S. intelligence collection or even classified. 

But the mere revelation of its existence triggered a trans-Atlantic freakout, according to two other sources familiar with the situation. And Trump’s prior talk about Macron’s allegedly “naughty” ways that “[not] very many people know” only intensified those concerns. Both French and U.S. officials worked to figure out precisely what Trump had on Macron and France’s government, and if any of it was sensitive in nature, the sources said. The officials in both nations wanted to know if this discovery signified some kind of national-security breach — or if it amounted to a frivolous, but stolen, keepsake.

A spokesperson for the French embassy told Rolling Stone that their inquiry had not included asking the Biden administration for information on the documents recovered from Mar-a-Lago. 

Click on the link for the full article

• Thumb down 1

Trump adds former Florida solicitor general to legal team working Mar-a-Lago probe

Former President Donald Trump has hired Chris Kise, Florida’s former solicitor general, to represent him in the criminal investigation related to the FBI search of his Mar-a-Lago resort in early August.

Kise’s hiring comes at a critical juncture for the former president, whose legal team has faced criticism for its handling of the case in the Southern District of Florida, including its struggle to handle basic administrative tasks and make timely requests of the court. Trump’s team has tried to argue that the former president has the ability and right to declassify documents, that as a former president he is not bound to the same laws regarding the handling of classified materials, and some of the materials are covered by executive or attorney-client privilege. Trump has also sought to frame the dispute as a bookkeeping matter over presidential records, requiring negotiation with the National Archives, not criminal proceedings.

Kise joins Evan Corcoran and Jim Trusty in advising Trump on the Florida probe, one of several the former president faces across multiple venues. His hiring, which was confirmed by three people familiar with Trump’s legal team, was first reported by NBC News.

For Kise’s services, Trump will have to pay on his own. A person familiar with the matter confirmed that the Republican National Committee is not paying for Trump’s legal fees related to the FBI’s investigation and retrieval of documents at Mar-a-Lago. That’s a departure of sorts from the past. The RNC has, for example, paid for Trump’s legal bills involving New York Attorney General Tish James’ investigation into the former president’s private businesses. The committee would stop paying Trump’s legal fees should he formally declare his candidacy for president in the 2024 election — a step he has hinted at but has yet to take.

Kise has extensive experience with major trials and appeals and has successfully argued four Supreme Court cases. Kise, described as a “fixture in Florida Republican politics,” comes from the firm Foley and Lardner. As of Tuesday morning, Kise was no longer listed on the firm’s website.

Click on the link for the full article

We all know the plan here, Trump is just going to cycle through attorneys in order to push this past the midterms, then the next general election, hoping he either wins or has enough allies to declare him the winner, then tries to make this all go away.  I have to believe that whatever the public currently knows is only a fraction of what the DOJ knows, so hopefully this thing gets a move on soon.

59 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

We all know the plan here, Trump is just going to cycle through attorneys in order to push this past the midterms, then the next general election, hoping he either wins or has enough allies to declare him the winner, then tries to make this all go away.  I have to believe that whatever the public currently knows is only a fraction of what the DOJ knows, so hopefully this thing gets a move on soon.

I don't see an indictment before this years general election. I do see it in December right before the holidays. 

Merry Christmas!

54 minutes ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

I watched this.  The Left seems like it may have learned how to fight a little.

And it was ****ing Joe Biden that went there. Who woulda see that **** coming? Lol 

4 hours ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Chicken****

Wait isn’t this the dude that said he was totally going to testify and tell the truth about getting choked out by Trump? 

Not suspicious at all. It’s crazy to me the “everything is a conspiracy” squad doesn’t pick up in **** like this. 

• Like 6