Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

1 hour ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Pence out here doing…uh…Mike Pence things.

They're self aware just fine. 

Trump might be delusional enough to believe the ****. Maybe 10% of his followers. 

The rest of 'em?  They know damned well they're lying. They're cool with that. 

In fact, they consider the fact that everybody knows they're lying to be a major part of the appeal. 

1 hour ago, TradeTheBeal! said:
Edited by Larry
  • Like 4

Interesting comments this week. Just say Pence is no hero. 

Pence could’ve said something in December after the EC vote. True, if he did ; Trump would’ve replaced him. Pence could’ve said something on 1/5.

Pence was looking into whether he could do what Trump wanted. Lawyers told him he couldn’t and he would cause legal problems for himself if he tried.

So, Pence was looking for ways to do Trump’s bidding.  If he was convinced he could, he would’ve done it.

So, calling him a hero for ultimately doing his job; when he ultimately was searching for ways not to do his job is wrong.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Pence was looking into whether he could do what Trump wanted. Lawyers told him he couldn’t and he would cause legal problems for himself if he tried.

So, Pence was looking for ways to do Trump’s bidding.  If he was convinced he could, he would’ve done it.

I disagree. The testimony was that everyone rejected it off hand and even went so far as to look for precedence either way to show their work. 

At no point did it come off as him trying to justify the idea. 

they all basically said the same thing from the jump - the idea that one person may decide the outcome of the election is counter to everything the constitution is about 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Interesting comments this week. Just say Pence is no hero. 

Pence could’ve said something in December after the EC vote. True, if he did ; Trump would’ve replaced him. Pence could’ve said something on 1/5.

So, calling him a hero for ultimately doing his job; when he ultimately was searching for ways not to do his job is wrong.

If this were true Pence wouldn't have been so adamant about staying at the Capitol building and making sure Biden was certified. The riot would have provided perfect cover.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Yea this **** is crazy. I was watching last night. I'm glad she's going to testify. Everyone should be able to empathize with this. I cant imagine someone listening to her story and walking away feeling like she got what she deserved. 

They will, obviously. But they shouldn't. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Wow! That was some powerful testimony from Bowers. 

And yet there is no place for people like him in today’s Republican Party.  

“Where is the evidence?” Bowers asked over and over. 

He never got it. Because it didn’t exist. 

Edited by Dan T.
  • Like 4

So like - the overarching who’s who and who did what and what it all means and where this all goes… putting all of that aside. 

some of the responses were being made aware of are just gold and crack me up. 

“Do not give that to him” goes on the list for me. 

Many of people were very matter of fact about it. It’s illegal. It’s wrong. And your evidence doesn’t exist. It’s pretty cut and dry.