Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

9 minutes ago, tshile said:

You gotta be ok with people that change their minds now. Don’t beat them over the head about what took so long. 

I legit hate agreeing with you but this is correct unfortunately. It’s let them change their mind or watch them keep playing this ****ing game until we all lose something else. 

It’s kinda the point. We win if they change their mind. It can’t a zero sum game for us. 

That said **** Mike Pence. He showed more character than I thought he was capable of on the 6th and for that we should all thank him. But **** Mike Pence. 

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I legit hate agreeing with you but this is correct unfortunately. It’s let them change their mind or watch them keep playing this ****ing game until we all lose something else. 

It’s kinda the point. We win if they change their mind. It can’t a zero sum game for us. 

That said **** Mike Pence. He showed more character than I thought he was capable of on the 6th and for that we should all thank him. But **** Mike Pence. 

Whether we believe it or not, Jan 6th changed some Republican leaders' minds. Wouldn't surprise me if Pence was one of them.

• Like 2

Just now, Dan T. said:

There was a palpable sadness verging on despair in Judge Luttig’s testimony.  The profound nature of this  attempted betrayal of the Constitution weighed heavily on him, and it showed.

Good.  I'm glad it hurt to testify against someone who was gonna kill the Constitution.  He earned it. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Re: the idea pence didn’t do anything worthy of the praise I gave him

even MTG had a (temporary) change of heart that night. 

i think the profound impact of some rhetoric becoming real life and quickly, had a much bigger impact on these people than is being given credit. And if the testimony is to be believed, many people on the inside were adamantly against it. 

“you’ve lost your ****ing mind”

multiple people concerned entire White House council would resign 

ivanka only had one part in the hearing so far but it was a big one. Illicited a tweet from her father. 

All those lawyers said the same thing. And they all threw Eastman under the bus and backed over him. 

I think @Dan T.is right about ludwig. The man’s testimony was essentially that the most egregious act committed against our constitution was the insurrection, and what led it. Joke about his cadence, cause it’s obnoxious, but what the man said was strong. 

The images of people hiding under benches. People were legit shook that night. Some citizens were too. I know I was. 

I don’t know. I think most people get in that car and get the hell out of there, and we don’t know how that story would have ended. 

I get it that some see it the opposite. That he did the minimum. 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

I mean Sean Hannity had an issue with it. 

sean ****ing hannity. And his issue was that he was a true believer and didn’t want what was crafted destroyed. 

why people decided to speak up when, and who was idle for how long until the end, will always be a worthy discussion and ultimately the timeline only has one true ordering. 

but the bigger story is people did and are standing up and there legs to this. 

I wish there was a way to capture total attention

Like how many people are just getting the high points with the nightly news. 

that’ll be my wife. I imagine a lot of people can’t watch the thing in real time and rely on summaries

can you even right s legitimate summary of these days that isn’t just full of bombshells?

48 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

A lot of what ifs that day.  They were evidently within 15 yards of him.  The closeness of the pipe bomb to Harris.

I haven’t heard about the Harris but.  Can you give some color?

Even knowing everything we already know, hearing it summarized in chronological order in the words of HIS people is somehow a little shocking still.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

I haven’t heard about the Harris but.  Can you give some color?

Even knowing everything we already know, hearing it summarized in chronological order in the words of HIS people is somehow a little shocking still.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/01/31/politics/kamala-harris-january-6-2021-democratic-national-committee/index.html

They have the person placing the bombs on video, but have made no charges.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

They should respond publicly that they will give him all of the TV time he wants, as long as he is under oath.

Seems like such an obvious move right? This is why the Dems piss me off. Give him the bait. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

The more I see and hear the more I think Eastman should be hanging from the Washington monument.  But not a quick hang by the neck, a slow hang, upside down by his toes, until the vultures pluck out his eyes while he's still alive.  The fact that he isn't already in jail is astonishing.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/01/31/politics/kamala-harris-january-6-2021-democratic-national-committee/index.html

They have the person placing the bombs on video, but have made no charges.

Id seen the images of the disguised person juxtaposed with a pic of MTG with pointed implications, but did not realize Harris was in the vicinity.  Thanks