Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2021

Cooked Crack

3 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I'm in NC, so neither. But are you actually one of those fragile white voters? Cause that's a very defensive response. 

Support does not have to equal vote for. And your response makes it pretty clear, it’s the hooded man 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

First, I think you are totally wrong here.  But lets just assume you are right here.

In your own words, the Dems are “asking” you to do something.  They are asking you to be better.  You are correct that not taking the easy route is against human nature.  But getting people to do that is at the very core of effective leadership.  And that is what we are electing these people to do, lead.

Human nature tells me there is no way I’m charging up that hill under a barrage of gunfire.  Not gonna happen.  But effective leaders convince you to do it anyways.

Leaders inspire, not just ask you to aspire.  And messaging is key to that.

You’re assuming that group you’re asking to charge up the hill is of at least average courage.

If cowardice in your scenario = lazy ignorance in mine, the Republicans and their voters are a bunch of cowards.

Read facebook or Twitter and tell me the majority of right wing voters aren’t intellectually lazy. Look at qanon and tell me why it will vote lock step with republicans.

You know why heroes get remembered? It’s because they are the few. They do the hard thing others don’t want to.

For every John Lewis, there were thousands of chicken**** clan members hiding in hoods.

For every Mother Theresa, there are a tens of thousand Eric trumps. It’s easy to sit back and be a douche, it’s hard to be a decent person.

Giving a **** is hard to convince people to do.

All you can do is ask. You can’t force people to be decent.

You’re not asking for good leadership from democrats, you’re asking for exceptional leadership from them while excusing not even passing leadership from republicans.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, ddub52 said:

Support does not have to equal vote for. And your response makes it pretty clear, it’s the hooded man 

So, your argument here is that you can’t be racist and swayed by the CRT dog whistles from Youngkin’s campaign because you also voted for a minority candidate? One you thought was going to protect you from those horrific CRT fairy tales? 

And you also think supporting the party that has a Governor that made a singular bad decision as a college student 35 years ago somehow makes you the racist or unable to call out blatant racism from Youngkin/conservatives ? 

• Thumb up 1

14 minutes ago, ddub52 said:

In 2020 Florida had a net increase of 300k, and is on track to do the same in 2021. 

According to the census, California lost 180k+ residents in 2020

I think you are having some data analysis errors. See the census is only every 10 years. You’ll note both CA and FL showed a drop from 2019 (guesstimate) to 2020 (census count). Non-census years are best estimates….census years true up and try to be a legitimate count. Both FL and CA are back up in their counts from the 2020 census results. 

you should always question when trying to prove a point with two different data points. IE: only counting gaining entries to FL while only counting exit entries to CA. 

6 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

So, your argument here is that you can’t be racist and swayed by the CRT dog whistles from Youngkin’s campaign because you also voted for a minority candidate? One you thought was going to protect you from those horrific CRT fairy tales? 

And you also think supporting the party that has a Governor that made a singular bad decision as a college student 35 years ago somehow makes you the racist or unable to call out blatant racism from Youngkin/conservatives ? 

I didn’t vote for any of them. But if I did, it wouldn’t be for the KKK guy. 

6 minutes ago, thegreaterbuzzette said:

I think you are having some data analysis errors. See the census is only every 10 years. You’ll note both CA and FL showed a drop from 2019 (guesstimate) to 2020 (census count). Non-census years are best estimates….census years true up and try to be a legitimate count. Both FL and CA are back up in their counts from the 2020 census results. 

you should always question when trying to prove a point with two different data points. IE: only counting gaining entries to FL while only counting exit entries to CA. 

I mean, Cali lost a congressional seat because of it. Again, it was a net gain of nearly 300k for Florida in 2020

Edited by ddub52

2 minutes ago, ddub52 said:

I didn’t vote for any of them. But if I did, it wouldn’t be for the KKK guy.

why don’t you answer the question about what point you think you were making with that picture? 

Also, you weigh a single decision nearly 30+ years ago in a completely different societal lens the same as repeatedly making the decision to dog whistle racists with a make believe CRT issue for months? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

why don’t you answer the question about what point you think you were making with that picture? 

Also, you weigh a single decision nearly 30+ years ago in a completely different societal lens the same as repeatedly making the decision to dog whistle racists with a make believe CRT issue for months? 

I’m just curious how these guys always get a pass from the party of anti-racists.

Biden: “YOU AIN’T BLACK”

Dems: I see no issue here. 

So white non-college educated women from the suburbs were turned off by Trump, however it looks as if they were turned right back on by the fake "CRT in schools" issue. 

Also, can someone explain to me the "parents should not determine what is taught in schools" thing?  I know the origin of the quote, and why it doesn't come off as a great campaign soundbite in the media, but what is at the crux of the issue there, is it more nonsense related to the CRT thing or does it go beyond that because last time I checked, parents.......don't determine the curriculum in schools, never have....so....?  (Besides being able to vote on their representatives on the school board I mean)

Is this going to emerge as the next disingenuous issue for the mid-terms?  What is it exactly these angry parents are asking for here?

5 minutes ago, ddub52 said:

I’m just curious how these guys always get a pass from the party of anti-racists.

Truth is sometimes, neither candidate is a prize, agreed?  So at the end of the day, instead of voting based on photos, people take policy into consideration to see which candidate's policy positions better help them as Americans.  Cool?  Maybe a better idea would go research some articles on why African American voters largely were willing to overlook that ugly incident from 30 years ago and vote for the guy anyway.  It might yield a better answer than asking all of us.

Edited by NoCalMike

47 minutes ago, ddub52 said:

You mean like how the party of the religious right excuses serial sex offenders, rapists, child molesters, and con men?

I remember Northam catching mad heat when the black face pic came out. And that was Democrat cuomo who was forced out within weeks of his scandal coming to light by his own party after we sat through 4 years of republicans falling on sword after sword for trump, right?

Edited by MrSilverMaC
Erroneous attribution

1 minute ago, ddub52 said:

One person apologized for dumbassery in college and the other apologized for making a smartass comment.  So you look at their career of work and the policies they advocate for.  Then you compare that with disingenuous candidates who blows the dog whistle of racism under the guise of "parental freedom" and promises to ban the teaching of an academic theory that isn't even part of the state's standard of learning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2