Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Stadium News?

RichmondRedskin88

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

If this turns into a tax money drying up situation, this helps the chances of a stadium only and not some sprawling campus.  That's helps DC, there's not enough space to build the Dulles proposal on Capitol Hill / RFK site.

It only helps dc in that they would have the room for it at the rfk site. Still the issue of Congress owning the land and not wanting to give it up for a stadium, the residents around that site vocally fighting back against the idea, and the city board having said multiple times they have no interest in pushing congress for the land for the stadium. 

4 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

It only helps dc in that they would have the room for it at the rfk site. Still the issue of Congress owning the land and not wanting to give it up for a stadium, the residents around that site vocally fighting back against the idea, and the city board having said multiple times they have no interest in pushing congress for the land for the stadium. 

Agreed, even the Mayor has backtracked a little.

Still...money talks, I'm not buying all three of the DMV turn it down.

12 minutes ago, profusion said:

I wonder if even St. Louis would be desperate enough to pony up for a new stadium for Snyder. His aroma is a nationwide stink, now.

The team isn’t going anywhere the markets too important. Sad thing is even with everything this franchise is dealing with crappy stadium, crappy owner, fan base deterioration, constant losing the team is still 8th most valuable in the league. All of the teams ahead of them minus the pats have brand new stadiums. Sadly we now don’t know how accurate that is 🤣

35 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Agreed, even the Mayor has backtracked a little.

Still...money talks, I'm not buying all three of the DMV turn it down.

Mayor is in an election year so have to take what’s said In public with grain of salt. the dc city council said just a couple weeks ago that bower hasn’t even really spoken to them about it. And the $350 million number getting thrown around about va is way overblown. That’s one of two proposals. The house and senate both have different proposals the house one is supposedly much higher while the senate one is the 350 being thrown around. Should know some more sometime after the 4th when they reconvene to continue working on the state budget. 

FEA17BB6-A446-4873-BCC7-652E6DBE7FA8.png

EA1030D9-EC25-4FC3-83E6-95265C576332.png

46 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

The team isn’t going anywhere the markets too important.

The markets so important the nfl might prefer the overly toxic brand go start over somewhere else and a new team come here 5 years later. 

can you imagine how packed FedEx would be for opening week if the team was:

a new team when we haven’t had one for 5 years

complete new ownership group

playing in FedEx because the new stadium is being built in dc (think nationals start)

and every ounce of stink left town, after ruining it for 26 years?

They’d make so much money. Sponsorships would be back. Stadium full. Local media writing great things. 

the value is the market, not the organization.

the organization is toxic. 

And on that note I don’t have any issue transferring my fandom of the team to the area. I don’t root for them because they were the redskins - i rooted for them because they’ve represented my home town area. 

same with all the other teams. 

im a washington football fan. And I have no problem saying that dude sucked so bad when he left I waited for a new org to rep my area. 

i don’t think that’s some violation of our fandom. In fact if you’re actually a fan, I don’t know how you could not root for any scenario in which that dude is gone and we have a football team run by someone else. I just don’t. 

he has ruined what it means to be a fan. From going to games to repping gear to spending your time and emotions on it. Completely ruined it. 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, tshile said:

The markets so important the nfl might prefer the overly toxic brand go start over somewhere else and a new team come here 5 years later. 

can you imagine how packed FedEx would be for opening week if the team was:

a new team when we haven’t had one for 5 years

complete new ownership group

playing in FedEx because the new stadium is being built in dc (think nationals start)

and every ounce of stink left town, after ruining it for 26 years?

They’d make so much money. Sponsorships would be back. Stadium full. Local media writing great things. 

the value is the market, not the organization.

the organization is toxic. 

And on that note I don’t have any issue transferring my fandom of the team to the area. I don’t root for them because they were the redskins - i rooted for them because they’ve represented my home town area. 

same with all the other teams. 

im a washington football fan. And I have no problem saying that dude sucked so bad when he left I waited for a new org to rep my area. 

i don’t think that’s some violation of our fandom. In fact if you’re actually a fan, I don’t know how you could not root for any scenario in which that dude is gone and we have a football team run by someone else. I just don’t. 

he has ruined what it means to be a fan. From going to games to repping gear to spending your time and emotions on it. Completely ruined it. 

Here’s why for everyone of you saying they’d rather the team go elsewhere there’s probably ten more that would either stop caring or find another team or whatever. And sure you might have a boom in the beginning. But what about when team starts losing? Then what? Expansion teams are usually terrible for a long time. And at fedex? Please half the people that don’t go is because that place is a dump. Look we all want Dan gone. But I think people also underestimate the affect the amount of sustained losing has. Ask yourself this why does Jim Irsay get a pass and the colts typically regarded as some great organization compared to here? They literally found one of Irsays mistresses dead from a drug overdose in one of three homes he had bought for her and arrested for dui weeks later with another mistress and a ton of drugs in his car. Irsay gets a pass because he lucked into Manning and Andrew Luck. Dan is a POS who deserves whatever is coming to him. The sad reality of the matter is if he were to someone how strike lightning in a bottle and somehow the team was good for any extended period people will tend to forget about the owner. And If people think changing the team name pushed fans away from the team forever what do you think taking the team away from people does? Why does Jack Kent Cooke get a pass like he was a good owner and person? The only reason is because Bobby Beathard had a set big enough to stand up to JKC when he wanted to fire Gibbs in his first season. I can’t stand Dan Snyder but moving the team isn’t the right answer either nor do I believe the nfl has any interest whatsoever in moving a team that in all reality is in the 3rd of 4th largest media market in the league when you take Richmond and Norfolk markets into consideration which regardless of the deterioration of the fan base are still heavy Washington areas especially when despite everything going on the teams new ticket sales are rising at a significant rate 

2 hours ago, Mrshadow008 said:

especially when despite everything going on the teams new ticket sales are rising at a significant rate 

I can see them getting existing STH to upgrade to the club level with the reduced pricing and free parking; otherwise, I'm mystified as to why such a rise in new ticket sales would be happening now.

5 hours ago, hail2skins said:

I can see them getting existing STH to upgrade to the club level with the reduced pricing and free parking; otherwise, I'm mystified as to why such a rise in new ticket sales would be happening now.

That I cant answer. Best guess reduction in price to go along with new payment plans and new member benefits and ill give sales people credit they do seem to actually care vs just seeing everyone as a $. As of last week they were up 10,000 new STHs. I asked 3 separate people in sales privately about how sales were going because as a new ticket holder myself I was curious plus seeing reporting that team was selling to sell tickets and that wasnt adding up with what i had been seeing with my own eyes. If team was openly advertising that number i probably wouldnt believe it but they arent i specifically asked about it privately

Listening to Al Galdi this AM, he had a reporter Eric on from WUSA 9. 
He said the only site that has the set up potential of a entertainment site of all possible sites is Dumfries. 

I still think that is where the stadium will end up and over 1 million fans in Maryland lost to other teams 

7 hours ago, hail2skins said:

I'm skeptical about the rates of rising ticket sales as claimed by the organization.  I trust nothing that comes out of Ashburn.  

However, even if it is true, it's easy to explain: a complete rebrand (no matter how badly - and predictably - they botched it) offers a once-in-a-lifetime novelty.  There are desperate fans out there that have convinced themselves that this rebrand truly will turn things around.  They're willing to give it a shot.  Add to that the NFL's easiest schedule and a slightly above average QB to the mix, and those fans see a fleeting chance to catch a playoff game for the upcoming season. 

Just like when or if a new stadium is built, the initial novelty of it will be enough to convince fans to initially gather.  However, a rebrand and new stadium's novelty will eventually fade after a season or two.  And if the team hasn't cemented itself as a perennial contender (for a SB, not just a playoff appearance) that gives true hope, things will die back down.  

As I've written before, I feel for my fellow fans, and it is my sincere hope that their hopes and financial expenditures when it comes to this team are rewarded.  There are plenty of fans of other organizations that haven't known Super Bowls and consistent wins but there is no other organization's fans that can even begin to relate to what we've been put through.  This pain is truly unique to us.

1 minute ago, Redwards said:

I'm skeptical about the rates of rising ticket sales as claimed by the organization.  I trust nothing that comes out of Ashburn.  

However, even if it is true, it's easy to explain: a complete rebrand (no matter how badly - and predictably - they botched it) offers a once-in-a-lifetime novelty.  There are desperate fans out there that have convinced themselves that this rebrand truly will turn things around.  They're willing to give it a shot.  Add to that the NFL's easiest schedule and a slightly above average QB to the mix, and those fans see a fleeting chance to catch a playoff game for the upcoming season. 

Just like when or if a new stadium is built, the initial novelty of it will be enough to convince fans to initially gather.  However, a rebrand and new stadium's novelty will eventually fade after a season or two.  And if the team hasn't cemented itself as a perennial contender (for a SB, not just a playoff appearance) that gives true hope, things will die back down.  

As I've written before, I feel for my fellow fans, and it is my sincere hope that their hopes and financial expenditures when it comes to this team are rewarded.  There are plenty of fans of other organizations that haven't known Super Bowls and consistent wins but there is no other organization's fans that can even begin to relate to what we've been put through.  This pain is truly unique to us.

Again these arent just random claims from the organization. This isnt them going around parading that fact this was three separate people in the organization that I asked personally. And i do tend to believe it based off what ive seen with my own eyes. What reason would three separate people have to lie to me in private conversations when im already a ticket owner? if they were running around screaming about hey "LOOK AT THESE NEW STHS!" like they did with the wait list for so long id be more skeptical but this isnt that

Jason Wright confirming what we already suspected, that the new stadium will be a dome stadium.  Makes sense, since they want the future location to be busy all year, instead of only 8-9 times a year.  Makes the stadium cost higher though, so funding will now be the biggest hurdle after a location is selected.

3 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

This topic is dead until there’s a new owner. Dan’s chickens are coming home to roost. He can’t hide anymore.

We’ve heard that before, and there’s scant evidence that this time will be any different. In fact, Dan only gains power on the heels of these (mostly baseless), accusations. 

Don’t mistake me for a fan of Dan Snyder, but it’s a long bridge between being a crappy owner and an abuser/corporate thief. The latter of which nobody believes. 

6 hours ago, Morrissey1972 said:

We’ve heard that before, and there’s scant evidence that this time will be any different. In fact, Dan only gains power on the heels of these (mostly baseless), accusations. 

Don’t mistake me for a fan of Dan Snyder, but it’s a long bridge between being a crappy owner and an abuser/corporate thief. The latter of which nobody believes. 

Uh, maybe you believe but many do believe Dan’s very capable of what’s he being accused off.

If the latest allegation is proven; Dan is out. No one is going to make a deal with someone who might be on his way out.

If the team is sold Bezos; he can fund his own stadium.

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Uh, maybe you believe but many do believe Dan’s very capable of what’s he being accused off.

If the latest allegation is proven; Dan is out. No one is going to make a deal with someone who might be on his way out.

If the team is sold Bezos; he can fund his own stadium.

Key word here being IF, brother... And Bezos... We would be swapping out one piece of **** for another. 

• Like 1

On 4/3/2022 at 12:23 PM, MisterPinstripe said:

Dan's never leaving. Maybe if he gets caught murdering someone. Maybe. 

THIS

Never misunderstand me, I’m no fan of his ownership and the decisions he has made.  However, Dan Snyder is the current owner of my team, and that is the way it is until I see LEGIT evidence the NFL is moving to oust him.

I’ve never met the man so I don’t know what he is like personally.  Maybe he is everything they say he is and more.  Maybe he isn’t.