Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

7 hours ago, petey hodge said:

The reason why many of us Love TH.. and why many of us Despise TH is that he is just like us...   Not big.  Not a beastly specimen.  But an everyday guy of average build and stature.  A Lionel Messi... or a Stephen Curry.  A just-a-normal person who excels in a sport where genetic beasts roam (Looking at you DK Metcalf!).  Not our caped hero like Superman or William Wallace who stands seven feet tall and shoots balls of fire from his arse...  Not the guy on our childhood posters of Redskins Heroes, for sure.  And I get it... that's why he is either loved or not loved.

Who "despises" Heinicke? Seriously, can you guys please stop with this straw man nonsense?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

Taylor Heinicke, Lionel Messi and Steph Curry are nothing like us.  Sure, they're not super huge or physically imposing people but they still have finely tuned motor skills and are coordinated in a way that the average human can't fathom.  From that perspective, they're still superiorly gifted from a genetic standpoint that it doesn't matter to me if I can see eye to eye with Steph or Heinicke (haha, I look down on you, Messi), they might as well be Shaquille O'Neal. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Taylor Heinicke, Lionel Messi and Steph Curry are nothing like us.  Sure, they're not super huge or physically imposing people but they still have finely tuned motor skills and are coordinated in a way that the average human can't fathom.  From that perspective, they're still superiorly gifted from a genetic standpoint that it doesn't matter to me if I can see eye to eye with Steph or Heinicke (haha, I look down on you, Messi), they might as well be Shaquille O'Neal. 

Yeah I loved how that post was trying to say Heinicke is just a regular Joe like...and then throws out two of the best to ever play their positions/sports. Heinicke is not like either of those guys at all (and neither are we).

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, mistertim said:

Yeah I loved how that post was trying to say Heinicke is just a regular Joe like...and then throws out two of the best to ever play their positions/sports. Heinicke is not like either of those guys at all (and neither are we).

It’s their “everyday” physical appearance, not their skill or achievements.  If you saw these guys at the airport walking by, they’d look mortal - just like us.  🤣

On 12/17/2021 at 5:52 PM, zskins said:

You about to start a new thread titled: Gellin' for Gilbert now?

It doesn't matter WHO will be the next QB, people will focus in on anything that the QB can't be the greatest ever at and criticize the QB to no end.

And on and on and on... Chemistry? Nah, don't need it. Good field vision? Forget it. 

Watch, whoever this next QB is may have a big arm, but he will most likely not have the ability to make the 'touch passes' or lob the football in an arc hitting a WR in stride. Finding a QB who can do all of the things needed by a QB is not an easy task, and with other teams looking for a QB most likely means that IF one came up he would be long gone by the time it came for WFT to pick or trade for...

35 minutes ago, petey hodge said:

It’s their “everyday” physical appearance, not their skill or achievements.  If you saw these guys at the airport walking by, they’d look mortal - just like us.  🤣

Outside of basketball and sumo wrestling, most elite sports players look pretty mortal (though point guards tend to be pretty mortal size). If you didn't know who they were you probably wouldn't notice Aaron Rodgers or DeAndre Hopkins at an airport. Same with Mike Trout or Juan Soto. Same with most UFC fighters. They'd just look like regular guys who were in good shape.

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

Outside of basketball and sumo wrestling, most elite sports players look pretty mortal (though point guards tend to be pretty mortal size). If you didn't know who they were you probably wouldn't notice Aaron Rodgers or DeAndre Hopkins at an airport. Same with Mike Trout or Juan Soto. Same with most UFC fighters. They'd just look like regular guys who were in good shape.

I disagree with this. When I was 22 years old weighed 200 lbs, 6' tall with 7% body fat, 46R suit size with 18.5" biceps able to squat, bench and fight better than most men I was around, but size me up to a professional athlete and I would be average at best. 

Edited by DEASkins

14 minutes ago, DEASkins said:

I disagree with this. When I was 22 years old weighed 200 lbs, 6' tall with 7% body fat, 46R suit size with 18.5" biceps able to squat, bench and fight better than most men I was around, but size me up to a professional athlete and I would be average at best. 

So you're telling me if I had a room full of guys wearing regular street clothes, all of them between 5'9 and 6'2 or so and in excellent shape, you'd be able to instantly pick out who were the professional athletes and who were just people in really good shape? I'm skeptical.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, mistertim said:

So you're telling me if I had a room full of guys wearing regular street clothes, all of them between 5'9 and 6'2 or so and in excellent shape, you'd be able to instantly pick out who were the professional athletes and who were just people in really good shape? I'm skeptical.

No I didn't say anything about your scenario, my point was that I thought I was in phenomenal shape and compared to those around me I was but put me in a room with professional athletes and I would look average.

I think it's fair to say Heinicke is the physical peak for most every day athletes. Once those guys take off their uniform they're a lot bigger than you think they are

Edited by DEASkins

23 minutes ago, DEASkins said:

No I didn't say anything about your scenario, my point was that I thought I was in phenomenal shape and compared to those around me I was but put me in a room with professional athletes and I would look average.

I think it's fair to say Heinicke is the physical peak for most every day athletes. Once those guys take off their uniform they're a lot bigger than you think they are

Fair enough, but the post I was responding to was talking about how guys like Heinicke or whoever would look "mortal" in an airport, unlike most pro athletes...so basically an everyday setting. I just disagree and think that with most professional athletes outside of huge basketball players or offensive linemen you probably wouldn't really be able to tell.

I've met a decent number of pro athletes over the years and the only guys who I reacted to in my head with "holy crap, is this guy even human?" were large NBA players and football offensive or defensive linemen. Other guys just looked like dudes in good shape in regular street clothes, including baseball players, pro MMA fighters, football players, amongst others.

Either way, this is probably getting off topic. I just found the whole "This is why some people love Heinicke and some despise him...because he's just like us!" thing to be relatively dumb in general.

Edited by mistertim
  • Thumb up 1

12 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Fair enough, but the post I was responding to was talking about how guys like Heinicke or whoever would look "mortal" in an airport...so basically an everyday setting. I just disagree and think that with most professional athletes outside of huge basketball players or offensive linemen you probably wouldn't really be able to tell.

I've met a decent number of pro athletes over the years and the only guys who I reacted to in my head with "holy crap, is this guy even human?" were large NBA players and football offensive or defensive linemen. Other guys just looked like dudes in good shape in regular street clothes, including baseball players, pro MMA fighters, football players, amongst others.

Either way, this is probably getting off topic. I just found the whole "This is why some people love Heinicke and some despise him...because he's just like us!" thing to be relatively dumb in general.

Yes, I was initially lazy, read your post I quoted and played devil's advocate (based on my experience) without knowing the full context. My apologies there, but I do think professoonal athletes stand out in most instances

Edited by DEASkins

19 hours ago, skins island connection said:

It doesn't matter WHO will be the next QB, people will focus in on anything that the QB can't be the greatest ever at and criticize the QB to no end.

And on and on and on... Chemistry? Nah, don't need it. Good field vision? Forget it. 

Watch, whoever this next QB is may have a big arm, but he will most likely not have the ability to make the 'touch passes' or lob the football in an arc hitting a WR in stride. Finding a QB who can do all of the things needed by a QB is not an easy task, and with other teams looking for a QB most likely means that IF one came up he would be long gone by the time it came for WFT to pick or trade for...

Well to be fair I think most of us know the search for a legitimate franchise QB is tough.  I think when it comes to the title, there are two tiers, there are the elite Top 5 in the NFL that you basically just need to add a good O-line too and the rest can be interchangeable season to season, and then the next tier who are close to that level but not quite for whatever specific reason.  Outside of the Top 10 QBs in the league you have a ton of gray area skill levels and mix of calibers at any specific skill set which is why you tend to see a lot of these teams go through QBs every handful of seasons.  Some hang onto them too long hoping they will improve, some show themselves to be   not good enough a lot quicker.   You can win a SB with the top two tiers, but once you dip below that it becomes a ton harder without the aid of an 85 Bears or 2000 Ravens caliber defense.

On 12/18/2021 at 12:10 PM, Spaceman Spiff said:

Quoted wrong post 

Edited by Berggy9598

On 12/19/2021 at 3:12 PM, NoCalMike said:

Well to be fair I think most of us know the search for a legitimate franchise QB is tough.  I think when it comes to the title, there are two tiers, there are the elite Top 5 in the NFL that you basically just need to add a good O-line too and the rest can be interchangeable season to season, and then the next tier who are close to that level but not quite for whatever specific reason.  Outside of the Top 10 QBs in the league you have a ton of gray area skill levels and mix of calibers at any specific skill set which is why you tend to see a lot of these teams go through QBs every handful of seasons.  Some hang onto them too long hoping they will improve, some show themselves to be   not good enough a lot quicker.   You can win a SB with the top two tiers, but once you dip below that it becomes a ton harder without the aid of an 85 Bears or 2000 Ravens caliber defense.

I totally agree, its just that the upcoming draft doesn't look appealing for a QB worthy of building around, and getting a vet who is good enough to take this team into a perennial post-season affair is going to be alot harder. Some mention Wilson but he's about 34 so his career is winding down soon, and with the plethora of other needs this team has, why not build other aspects of this team and be patient for a QB that can come in and complete the picture. 

I'm not saying TH is the answer but the risk/reward of getting an average-at-best QB is not good, and there will be a number of teams looking for a QB, so having most of the pieces in place already makes it a more attractive package for a potential good QB to bite on.