Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

The Washington Football Team is on a three game winning streak. And in those last three games Taylor Heinicke has beaten Tom Brady, Cam Newton, and Russell Wilson. Not bad for an undrafted free agent. Not only that Heinicke had a great second half to help Washington beat the Seahawks. Whereas Russell Wilson does his best work throwing the deep ball. Heinicke is more of a precision passer like Drew Brees was. He makes good decisions like Brees did. But Heinicke is more athletic and seems more comfortable throwing on the run. And we saw late against the Seahawks. When Heinicke gets in a groove. Washington’s offense becomes methodical because Heinicke gets everyone involved. The throw on fourth down to DeAndre Carter was nice. So there’s something there with Heinicke. He’s getting better every week. And right now things are clicking for Washington. Therefore you have to take that at face value.

https://www.quora.com/Does-Washington-have-something-special-going-with-Taylor-Heinicke

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, mistertim said:

As soon as an article talks about one QB "beating" another, I pretty much disregard it. TH didn't beat Brady, Newton, or Wilson. Our defense beat them.

Or their QB beat themselves up and Washington's QB played better than them and made more chain movings moves. 

But it is so satisfying to say Taylor beat the GOAT. 😊

Just now, zskins said:

Or their QB beat themselves up and Washington's QB played better than them and made more chain movings moves. 

But it is so satisfying to say Taylor beat the GOAT. 😊

Sure, but it's a completely irrelevant statement and doesn't actually have any meaning.

Our offense beat their defense.

Their offense lost to our defense.

Tom Brady and Taylor Heinicke were only on the field at the same time before and after the game.

Just now, mistertim said:

Sure, but it's a completely irrelevant statement and doesn't actually have any meaning.

Tom Brady and Taylor Heinicke were only on the field at the same time before and after the game.

Yeah but Heinicke had a smile on his face and Tom didn't. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

50 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Ahh man, I hope you are still able to enjoy the success Heineke might have in the future, you are really locked in on this Heineke debate. 

I say this with experience, I was on the non supporting Kirk Cousins train and it certainly messed with my head at times during and after games. As far as being 100% behind the dude and team. 

I’ll most likely always remember Heineke going heads up with Brady in the playoffs, then beat “him” the following season. I don’t think it’s 100% true, but it’s certainly appropriate for one to conclude Heineke has battled Brady in terms capturing/recapturing momentum, making great plays, and being clutch. Competent QB play doesnt keep Washington in it versus TB the last two meetings, it required Heineke to be great. If he was below average or even average, then there’s more room for your stance, IMHO. 

Heineke 1

Brady 1

Trilogy??!?!!

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

I checked with my goose bumps and they totally disagree with you 🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

How’s about this then? Heinecke beat the team led by Tom Brady, and heinecke was happy, and Tom Brady was SAD!!! 

Is that relevant enough for you? :D 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Ahh man, I hope you are still able to enjoy the success Heineke might have in the future, you are really locked in on this Heineke debate. 

I say this with experience, I was on the non supporting Kirk Cousins train and it certainly messed with my head at times during and after games. As far as being 100% behind the dude and team. 

I’ll most likely always remember Heineke going heads up with Brady in the playoffs, then beat “him” the following season. I don’t think it’s 100% true, but it’s certainly appropriate for one to conclude Heineke has battled Brady in terms capturing/recapturing momentum, making great plays, and being clutch. Competent QB play doesnt keep Washington in it versus TB the last two meetings, it required Heineke to be great. If he was below average or even average, then there’s more room for your stance, IMHO. 

Heineke 1

Brady 1

Trilogy??!?!!

This has nothing to do with Taylor Heinicke. This is something that I've always thought was stupid in general and has always irked me. "x QB beat y QB this Sunday." No he didn't, unless they decided to cancel the game and in it's place show a QB skills competition between the two quarterbacks while everyone else went out for lunch.

Then using it as some sort of marker to prop one QB over the other is just as silly. Do you think Heinicke is a better QB than Brady? If not, then explain the specific purpose of throwing the "He beat Brady!" thing out there. It's the forum equivalent of a clickbait headline.

6 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

How’s about this then? Heinecke beat the team led by Tom Brady, and heinecke was happy, and Tom Brady was SAD!!! 

Is that relevant enough for you? :D 

Sure, if Tom Brady transitioned to Middle Linebacker and nobody noticed.

Edited by mistertim
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Sure, if Tom Brady transitioned to Middle Linebacker and nobody noticed.

Soooo Tampa bay is not the *team led by tom Brady*? Did Heinicke not beat the buccaneers, who are led by Brady? Come on now.....you know the correct answer :) 

he didn’t beat Tom Brady. Sure. Fine. However, he DID, for a matter of fact, beat the team that is led by Tom Brady. That’s just a fact. 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Soooo Tampa bay is not the *team led by tom Brady*? Did Heinicke not beat the buccaneers, who are led by Brady? Come on now.....you know the correct answer :) 

Does Tom Brady lead the Tampa Bay defense? If so that's probably news to their DCs as well as defensive players (and probably Brady himself). Heinicke beat the Tampa Bay defense. He doesn't play defense. Neither does Tom Brady.

Look, I know people are all hyped and this sort of stuff juices them that they can figure out some way to spin the whole thing so it makes Heinicke look better than Brady, but it's just nonsense. Heinicke didn't "beat" Tom Brady any more than any other QB "beat" the other during any game. They don't play each other.

• Thumb down 1

Does Tom Brady lead the Tampa Bay defense? If so that's probably news to their DCs as well as defensive players (and probably Brady himself). Heinicke beat the Tampa Bay defense. He doesn't play defense. Neither does Tom Brady.

Look, I know people are all hyped and this sort of stuff juices them that they can figure out some way to spin the whole thing so it makes Heinicke look better than Brady, but it's just nonsense. Heinicke didn't "beat" Tom Brady any more than any other QB "beat" the other during any game. They don't play each other.

No **** they don’t play eachother LMAOOOOOOOOO 😂😂 the fact is, he beat the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and the Buccaneers are led by tom Brady, unless he’s somehow on a different team now.

It’s just a fact 🤷🏻‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

No **** they don’t play eachother LMAOOOOOOOOO 😂😂 the fact is, he beat the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and the Buccaneers are led by tom Brady, unless he’s somehow on a different team now.

It’s just a fact 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yes, we beat Tampa Bay. Our offense, led by Heinicke and our OC, beat their defense, led by their defensive players and DC. Our defense, led by our defensive players and DC, beat their offense, led by Tom Brady and their OC.

• Thumb down 1

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yes, we beat Tampa Bay. Our offense, led by Heinicke and our OC, beat their defense, led by their defensive players and DC. Our defense, led by our defensive players and DC, beat their offense, led by Tom Brady and their OC.

Heinecke beat the defense, who is part of TAMPA BAY, which is a team led by TOM BRADY. He beat the team that is led by TOM BRADY. Heinicke was happy, Brady was SAD. Deal with it. 

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Heinecke beat the defense, who is part of TAMPA BAY, which is a team led by TOM BRADY. He beat the team that is led by TOM BRADY. Heinicke was happy, Brady was SAD. Deal with it. 

You're really struggling with this whole concept of Tom Brady not playing defense or being a defensive coordinator, aren't you?

• Thumb down 1

You're really struggling with this whole concept of Tom Brady not playing defense or being a defensive coordinator, aren't you?

You’re really struggling with how the defense is part of that buccaneers team, which means Heinicke beat Tampa bay, who is led by Tom Brady😂😂😂 this isn’t difficult, stop pretending it is. 

4 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

You’re really struggling with how the defense is part of that buccaneers team, which means Heinicke beat Tampa bay, who is led by Tom Brady😂😂😂 this isn’t difficult, stop pretending it is. 

Again, I think the TB defensive players would probably be surprised to find out that Tom Brady leads them.

Either way, if it helps you get your rocks off to pretend like there was some sort of direct matchup between Taylor Heinicke and Tom Brady where Heinicke came out on top, more power to you man.

Edited by mistertim

Again, I think the TB defensive players would probably be surprised to find out that Tom Brady leads them.

Either way, if it helps you get your rocks off to pretend like there was some sort of direct matchup between Taylor Heinicke and Tom Brady where Heinicke came out on top, more power to you man.

LMAOOOO. Nobody here is saying it was a DIRECT MATCHUP of the two QBs.

Just that he beat the buccaneers TEAM, who are led by TOM BRADY. Those are two completely different things. You’re really struggling with that concept arent you. That’s hilarious. Just stop. 

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I think people say QB X beat QB Y are saying this from a statistical point of view. Because obviously, they aren't on the field at the same time and are not facing each other.

It's more and more due to the fact that the NFL wants to make it a QB game where those guys are the face of the game, when in fact, there's so much more to it than those guys that are just distributing the ball left and right...

Last year SB was about Mahomes vs Brady, well, this is not Tennis...

Somehow I hate it too when the NFL, fans and media are reducting this game to just 2 guys when Football is probably the most complete team sport ever. You just can't have Offense or Defense, you need to be competitive everywhere.

6 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

LMAOOOO. Nobody here is saying it was a DIRECT MATCHUP of the two QBs.

Just that he beat the buccaneers TEAM, who are led by TOM BRADY. Those are two completely different things. You’re really struggling with that concept arent you. That’s hilarious. Just stop. 

Ok, so Tom Brady (or TOM BRADY, as you know him) is the "face" of TB. So then we can sort of say that Heinicke somehow beat the "face" of the TB Bucs, without actually having anything to do with him directly. Fair enough, if that's what works for you.

And if nobody is saying there wasn't any sort of direct matchup or correlation between the two QBs, why do they keep repeating "Heinicke beat Brady" if they know it's meaningless and not accurate?