Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

32 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Heinicke has now beaten three former league MVP QBs and in our four wins we're averaging right around 30 PPG.

He's also led fourth quarter game winning drives in three of the four wins.

Definitely. I think the biggest problem those QBs had was that they were crappy on defense. Matt Ryan was trying to pass rush all game but just couldn't get to Heinicke. Brady had a couple of nice pass break ups but he also had some busted coverages where he allowed big receptions. Cam kept losing the TEs he was supposed to be covering on crossing routes and gave up tons of short passes that ate up the clock. 

Edited by mistertim

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Definitely. I think the biggest problem those QBs had was that they were crappy on defense. Aaron Rodgers was trying to pass rush all game but just couldn't get to Heinicke. Brady had a couple of nice pass break ups but he also had some busted coverages where he allowed big receptions. Cam kept losing the TEs he was supposed to be covering on crossing routes and gave up tons of short passes that ate up the clock. 

Why do you do this. I don't get it. 

TH beat 2nd ranked and 9th ranked Ds while their QB couldn't even beat our 23rd ranked D. So yes TH beat some MVP QBs. Suck it up!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PartyPosse said:

So by saying it’s ridiculous to declare he’s the love child of two Hall Of Fame QBs I’m admitting my hatred? 

I don't think anyone thinks he's the next Tom Brady but why not just sit back and enjoy the ride for as long as it lasts. At least we're not stuck with a Jared Goff type QB.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RVAskins said:

I don't think anyone thinks he's the next Tom Brady but why not just sit back and enjoy the ride for as long as it lasts. At least we're not stuck with a Jared Goff type QB.

I have no problems with that, but I wasn’t the one that originally felt the need to come here and take incorrect subtle jabs for no reason.

1 minute ago, zskins said:

Why do you do this. I don't get it. 

TH beat 2nd ranked and 9th ranked Ds while their QB couldn't even beat our 23rd ranked D. So yes TH beat some MVP QBs. Suck it up!

Because he didn't beat QBs. He beat defenses. Why not just say he beat good defenses? Why always try to make it sound like he beat an elite QB when he had nothing to do with how the elite QB played? Why the need to try and insert that in there to make it sound like he's on that level because he beat the defense of a team that has an elite/HoF QB?

Saying "x QB beat y QB" is meaningless unless you're trying to claim that any QB who beats a team that has an elite QB is better than that team's QB? So is every QB who ever beat the Pats or the Bucs an elite QB by that definition?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

I have no problems with that, but I wasn’t the one that originally felt the need to come here and take incorrect subtle jabs for no reason.

My post wasn't directed at you just general statement. I wish people would just enjoy the W and not over analyze. It's been a long time since I felt we could hold lead or come back in the 4th quarter. I'm enjoying it.

The age old question: Can one increase his average velocity at throwing the football at Heinicke's age? I definitely think some QBs have figured it out, like Brady who's arm seems to have gotten bigger over the years. I don't think it has much to do with strength though, it has more to do with how your nervous system is firing and it's more about fast twitch. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

Because he didn't beat QBs. He beat defenses. Why not just say he beat good defenses? Why always try to make it sound like he beat an elite QB when he had nothing to do with how the elite QB played? Why the need to try and insert that in there to make it sound like he's on that level because he beat the defense of a team that has an elite/HoF QB?

Saying "x QB beat y QB" is meaningless unless you're trying to claim that any QB who beats a team that has an elite QB is better than that team's QB? So is every QB who ever beat the Pats or the Bucs an elite QB by that definition?

Saying you beat another QB means you did better against their D then they did against yours. In another words your QB was the better QB then their QB so in essence you beat their QB when the their QB should have beaten you because of their track record and how good they are. Really not that complicated as you make it out to be. 

3 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

The age old question: Can one increase his average velocity at throwing the football at Heinicke's age? I definitely think some QBs have figured it out, like Brady who's arm seems to have gotten stronger over the years. I don't think it has anything to do with strength though, it has more to do with how your nervous system is firing and it's more about fast twitch. 

• Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Even though I said last week that he beat Brady and could tell his grandkids about it, I agree.  

People get so caught up in the "this QB beat that QB" talk, which is propagated by shows like First Take and then spread down to sports fans...it's obnoxious.  It's more than QBs going toe to toe...it's a team game.

If people are so caught up in "this QB beat that QB", there shouldn't be any NFL games anymore.  Just make it a quarterback skills competition each week.  Swing a tire back and forth and see what QB can thread the needle the most, etc.  

4 minutes ago, zskins said:

Saying you beat another QB means you did better against their D then they did against yours. In another words your QB was the better QB then their QB so in essence you beat their QB when the their QB should have beaten you because of their track record and how good they are. Really not that complicated as you make it out to be. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, zskins said:

But why is it necessary? It has no meaning whatsoever because those two QBs performing against defenses have zero to do with each other. Why the need to try and throw it out there as if it proves that x QB is on the same level as y HoF or elite QB? Why not just say "this QB played really well against this team's defense" instead of inserting a meaningless marker and comparison in there?

Heinicke didn't play Brady or Cam. He played the TB and Carolina defenses. And he played well. But I guess that's not enough for whatever reason. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mistertim said:

But why is it necessary? It has no meaning whatsoever because those two QBs performing against defenses have zero to do with each other. Why the need to try and throw it out there as if it proves that x QB is on the same level as y HoF or elite QB? Why not just say "this QB played really well against this team's defense" instead of inserting a meaningless marker and comparison in there?

Heinicke didn't play Brady or Cam. He played the TB and Carolina defenses. And he played well. But I guess that's not enough for whatever reason. 

It is what it is. Like I said you are in the minority here. What you are saying doesn't make for a good headline. 

See example here:

https://xflnewsroom.com/news/taylor-heinicke-beats-tom-brady-in-first-matchup-since-playoffs/

I personally don't have a problem either way. Saying your QB beat Brady is the same thing as saying your QB beat Tampa. It still has the same message. 

Edited by zskins
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, zskins said:

It is what it is. Like I said you are in the minority here. What you are saying doesn't make for a good headline. 

See example here:

https://xflnewsroom.com/news/taylor-heinicke-beats-tom-brady-in-first-matchup-since-playoffs/

I personally don't have a problem either way. Saying your QB beat Brady is the same thing as saying your QB beat Tampa. It still has the same message. 

Ok. So because it makes clickbait headlines it should be used. Meh.

Whatever, not really a hill worth dying on. Knock yourself out.

5 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Trico on Football Night in America just now. TH beats Brady last week and Cam this week. This is how it is seen in the league. You can't change the the way the league/media see it. 

• Like 1

We HAD a pretty good QB here not long ago, and he was all but burned at the stake because of one pass he had difficulty making. 

I don't think I need to name names.

It doesn't matter WHO the QB is, some will find something about that QB's game that they will harp on forever. Ya just can't please everybody every time...

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, zskins said:

Trico on Football Night in America just now. TH beats Brady last week and Cam this week. This is how it is seen in the league. You can't change the the way the league/media see it. 

Oh, but MrT will solely credit the play of the offensive line as THE reason for all the points and first downs. 

(and I teach my kids that this is a team sport)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Don’t you dare knock xflnewsroom.com

1 minute ago, skins island connection said:

We HAD a pretty good QB here not long ago, and he was all but burned at the stake because of one pass he had difficulty making. 

I don't think I need to name names.

The forward pass?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Will the real Taylor Heinicke please stand up?

IMO, the real Heinicke is somewhere in the middle.  But in this league, any QB can have a hot streak.  Look at Colt over in Arizona, for example.

5 minutes ago, zskins said:

Just because that's how it's seen doesn't mean it's not ****ing stupid.  Lots of things are popular that are dumb.  Look at Ariana Grande, for example.  

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, zskins said:

Well then. If Football Night in America said it, I'd say that certainly settles that debate. Taylor Heinicke beat Tom Brady. Also, so did Jameis Winston and Jared Goff. And so have countless other QBs who are now out of the league. So...yeah, it's still pretty much a meaningless thing to say.

12 minutes ago, petey hodge said:

Oh, but MrT will solely credit the play of the offensive line as THE reason for all the points and first downs. 

(and I teach my kids that this is a team sport)

And when exactly have I given sole credit to the OL? All I've done is responded to people who bash our OL (seemingly in order to prop up Heinicke, even when he played well and doesn't necessarily need propping up) with the fact that they are actually very highly rated and have played quite well so far, especially considering injuries.

Edited by mistertim

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I think the velocity is up a bit but it’s more to do with comfort and experience playing.  

I think he’s more sure of his reads and that’s leading to him being able to put a little more zip on the ball. 

And I imagine as the game slows down, you have that extra tic to set your feet.

I’ve got to say, I was impressed with his accuracy today.  Whole lot of passes into outstretched hands, threaded the needle to Sims, missed by inches deep to McLaurin, etc.  Threw those two sweet side arm passes to Milne/Bates and looked good in the red zone.  To do all of that on the road, playing with a 3rd and 4th string center, without his two pass catching TEs?  That’s good stuff.

Kudos to Turner too.  I never thought Heinicke throwing 50 times a game or whatever was the right avenue… though I suppose that might have gotten him acclimated a bit faster? 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skins island connection said:

I am not worries one bit about TH, its Gibson who concerns me. He's got the Chuck Muncie-itis.

Chuck Muncie!  Blast from the past, and I don't mean Binaca.  Gibson better not have Chuck Muncie-itis, if you nose what I mean.

Edited by GothSkinsFan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PartyPosse said:

It’s like if you don’t think he’s a QB reinventing the position then you must hate him. He’s played well the last couple of weeks undoubtedly but the short attention spans here apparently choose to ignore the 5 weeks prior. I hope he keeps this up but creating this absurdly overreaching comparisons make zero sense.

Lol you literally can't help yourself can you?  You just have to trash him.  Never mind that he's only had 1 legit weapon on offense for those games.  And is now adjusting to what he has.  Let's just give the defense a pass for 3 of those games eh?  You are seriously cracking me up!

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Heinicke has now beaten three former league MVP QBs and in our four wins we're averaging right around 30 PPG.

He's also led fourth quarter game winning drives in three of the four wins.

And it could have been 4 if he hadn't knelt for the Packers. We'd be in pretty decent shape after the hardest part of the season. 3 games is a lot to make back and betting on Wild Card births is a fool's game, but I've got just the slight bit of hope.