Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

Just now, TryTheBeal! said:

Run the football and keep this kid clean or throw the ball 50+ times a game?

You decide!

We can't throw the ball 50+ per game.  We have to keep the clock running, because right now the Washington D is god awful.  They can't get off the field to save their lives.  The D line has been horrible most of the time and the secondary has been horrible ALL of the time.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

I really like Taylor. His heart really impressed me in the playoff game last year, but tonight he showed it was more than just a Rocky Balboa underdog moment. He really does know what he's doing out there. My concern is his durability, but tonight they didn't let him take too many hits. If they protect him and he has some time, he could really do some good things this season. 

Honestly, I'm not. Sure, he laid out for a TD we desperately needed, in a playoff game against the eventual SB champions after being on the team for a week. He completely threw caution to the wind, because he KNEW this was gonna be his only spot to stick with a NFL team. Separated his should in the process. He's not gonna do that in every game.

In the last 2 games, he's run out of bounds, slid to protect himself and played like a guy that wasn't thinking this was gonna be the last game he was ever going to play in the NFL. He'll be fine.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Where in the blue blazes is odu aggie?

I'd think he'd be doing cartwheels in here right now.

Just came here from the game thread, and while there are no cartwheels for this old codger, I am sitting back and enjoying the moment.

Just remember -- I tried to tell you. Cheers, all, and good night.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, zskins said:

I was being factious. It was more of a mock at people who said he needs a rocket arm to be a successful as he has a weak arm. 

So you're in the "I drink Heinecke" faction?  (I was just being facetious.  I'm in the "I drink Heinecke" faction too.)

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Next Gen stat of the night: The completion probability of Taylor Heinicke's late TD pass to Ricky Seals-Jones, thrown to the back of the end zone over coverage from Adoree' Jackson, was just 13.7%. The air distance on the toss was 40.2 yards, and it was the second-most improbable completion by Washington of the NGS era.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-season-week-2-what-we-learned-from-washington-s-win-over-giants-on-thur

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, jnhutchi3 said:

We can't throw the ball 50+ per game.  We have to keep the clock running, because right now the Washington D is god awful.  They can't get off the field to save their lives.  The D line has been horrible most of the time and the secondary has been horrible ALL of the time.

And we won... :P

1 minute ago, Xplosive said:

And we won... :P

If you mean "the Giants lost a game that they should have won", then I agree.  The Giants left 2 touchdowns on the field -- the Jones TD run called back on an irrelevant holding penalty and the dropped TD pass.   Washington won't win 6 games with their defense playing this poorly.

8 minutes ago, jnhutchi3 said:

If you mean "the Giants lost a game that they should have won", then I agree.  The Giants left 2 touchdowns on the field -- the Jones TD run called back on an irrelevant holding penalty and the dropped TD pass.   Washington won't win 6 games with their defense playing this poorly.

We've lost games we should have won in the past. Today we won a game we should have lost. A Win is a Win. Was it luck? I mean we did score 30 points. Our D was atrocious but we outscored an opponent. I don't remember the last time we won a super-tight down to the last second kinda game. Maybe that game when ST was still with us and gave us that winning FG.

• Like 1

What Heinicke's success really shows is that NFL scouts and general managers suck at their jobs.  None of them know how to evaluate QBs. 

A guy like Heinicke who had a stellar 4-year career at Old Dominion should have been drafted at least somewhere in the top 4 rounds.   These morons pay too much attention to physical attributes like "arm strength".

Edited by jnhutchi3
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Xplosive said:

We've lost games we should have won in the past. Today we won a game we should have lost. A Win is a Win. Was it luck? I mean we did score 30 points. Our D was atrocious but we outscored an opponent. I don't remember the last time we won a super-tight down to the last second kinda game. Maybe that game when ST was still with us and gave us that winning FG.

We "outscored" a Giants team that left 11 points on the field, due to a meaningless holding penalty on Jones' TD run and a dropped TD pass.   Yeah, it's a win and I'll take it.  And I love Heinicke and his fearlessness and poise.  However, Heinicke and the offense is really the only thing to be optimistic about right now.

5 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Tbf, their end results are pretty similar. Rollercoasters 

Heinicke's performances haven't dropped yet.  

8 hours ago, jnhutchi3 said:

What Henicke's success really shows is that NFL scouts and general managers suck at their jobs.  None of them know how to evaluate QBs. 

A guy like Heinicke who had a stellar 4-year career at Old Dominion should have been drafted at least somewhere in the top 4 rounds.   These morons pay too much attention to physical attributes like "arm strength".

The Vikings signed him after he went undrafted. He was with them for 2 years and didn't even get a chance to play a single regular season game. Vikings are probably wishing they should have kept him instead. 

Edited by zskins
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, zskins said:

Taylor H. had great arm strength tonight. His arm can win you lots of football games.

Exactly. He took the team down the field from the 24 yard line to a touchdown in two plays. Even though that included a great run by Mckissick, Brady himself couldn't have done it better. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 9/14/2021 at 10:43 PM, Malapropismic Depository said:

In the last 2 games played by WFT, of which Heinicke has only played about 1 and a half games' worth, Heinicke & McLaurin connected for a total of 10 completions/receptions, and 137 yards.

Extrapolate that, for Thursday against a NYG Defense.

Good to know he (already) has that kind of rapport with our best receiver

This begs to be updated.

In the last 3 WFT games, Heinicke and McLaurin alone, have hooked up for 21 receptions and 244 yards !

Yesterday was McLaurin's birthday. This was his birthday present, for Heinicke to feed him.

And now it's the Honeymoon !

• Like 2