Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

On 1/11/2022 at 6:08 PM, China said:

Fauci Heard Muttering ‘What a Moron, Jesus Christ’ After Fiery Exchange With Kansas Senator

A fed-up Dr. Anthony Fauci was heard on a hot mic calling Sen. Roger Marshall (R-KS) a “moron” after Marshall repeatedly demanded more financial disclosure from Fauci during a Senate hearing on Tuesday. Marshall held up a giant fake paycheck to illustrate the fact that his staff couldn’t find Fauci’s public financial disclosure. Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and Biden’s top health advisor, snapped back that his finances were readily available, and had been “for the last 37 years or so.” He added that Marshall, who blamed “the big tech giants” for concealing Fauci’s finances, just had to file a public information act request to view his disclosures. “You are so misinformed that it’s extraordinary,” he seethed. As Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA) shut Marshall down and regained control of the proceedings, Fauci could be heard muttering to himself, “What a moron. Jesus Christ.”

Someone's a little butthurt:

GOP senator plans to introduce FAUCI Act after clash at hearing

Republican Sen. Roger Marshall (Kan.) plans to introduce a bill named after  Anthony Fauci after he clashed with the nation's top infectious diseases expert at a Senate hearing this week. 

Marshall will be introducing the Financial Accountability for Uniquely Compensated Individuals (FAUCI) Act after he said Fauci’s records were not readily accessible to the public, a spokesperson for the senator told The Hill. 

The FAUCI Act would require the Office of Government Ethics (OGE) website to provide the financial records of administration officials like Fauci and a list of those in the government whose financial records are not public.

The move comes after Fauci was caught on a hot mic calling Marshall a “moron” for not knowing the Chief White House medical adviser's financial records were public. 

"I don't understand why you're asking me that question," Fauci said at the hearing after being questioned by Marshall about the records. "My financial disclosure is public knowledge and has been so for the last 37 years or so."

"All you have to do is ask for it," Fauci added. "You're so misinformed, it's extraordinary." 

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 1

Slightly off-topic, I had the Shingles vaccine last Friday. Arm sore until this morning but all Ok otherwise.   I may have been the only one who did not know, but you can go to your local drugstore (CVS, Walgreens, etc) and get the vaccine, I made the appointment Thursday to get the shot and Friday I got it. 

From what I read, anyone over 50 that has not gotten the vaccine should get it.  Please at least consider getting if you have not already. My insurance convered mine 100%. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Slightly off-topic, I had the Shingles vaccine last Friday. Arm sore until this morning but all Ok otherwise.   I may have been the only one who did not know, but you can go to your local drugstore (CVS, Walgreens, etc) and get the vaccine, I made the appointment Thursday to get the shot and Friday I got it. 

From what I read, anyone over 50 that has not gotten the vaccine should get it.  Please at least consider getting if you have not already. My insurance convered mine 100%. 

My mother in law had shingles a few years ago (was not vaccinated).  The pain was so bad that she thought it was late stage cancer and she is one tough lady.  Everyone eligible should do themselves a favor and get vaccinated.

• Like 1

Shingles is a pain - had it on my thigh a few years ago that rashed and it came back up after i got my first dose (supposedly happens more often than you would think per my doctor - said she's seen the a number of folks who have gotten it after covid vaccine).  Basically a constant burning sensation on my whole thigh for over a week.  They initially thought it was just a reaction to the vaccine that would go away months down the road but a rash started to pop up in the same spot as before on the thigh one morning so was able to get in that day and get a prescription and that seemed to have stopped it early.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, China said:

I'm confused - Mexico is only 56%, India 47%  - all of the numbers above are higher than multiple sources I've found.

one here: https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations?country=OWID_WRL

37 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Anyone try to order tests from the post office?  Some people we know were successful today, but we get a message saying they’ve already been ordered.

Got mine - wonder if a neighbor miskeyed address?

5 hours ago, goskins10 said:

I got the shingles a few years back. Had an itchy, small rash break out on my head, went to the local clinic, and the doc said, almost immediately, “I know what that is. It’s shingles.” Also said that it was really good that I came in, because shingles near the eye can become a real problem, and lead to blindness. 

I got medication, and it was gone in a few days, not much discomfort. Shingles generally occur on someone’s body, torso, arms, legs and can be a major discomfort for some time. My case was not too uncomfortable, but according to the clinic doc, and my doc, getting it early was huge, as shingles around the head area can lead to real problems.

Get the vaccine, if you’re over 50, and get checked ASAP if you get some itchy, small red bumps in your hair/head area.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

YES! Good call.

I have seen LOTS of women say the pain was far worse than child birth.

Ima tell prego wifey this. She got shingles the first year we moved in together and I thought she was going to die she was in so much pain. And shes the type to basically be able to lose a toe without blinking. Knowing that shingles can be way worse my calm her soul a bit.