Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team at Detroit Football Team

TK

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

The issue is he missed so many to the outside early, I’m sure they’re coaching him to look outside. 

I very much doubt that. They will always coach you to get to daylight. He didn't look inside. His helmet never pointed that way. 

Old hobbled Alex Smith is still currently the best QB on the roster.  If anything it should shut the door on Kyle Allen more than Haskins because what it is showing me is that Kyle Allen is basically just a "more experienced" version of Haskins without any of the physical tools there to develop.  That doesn't mean Haskins will necessarily develop into anything special either, but Kyle Allen was not playing as well as Alex Smith when he was in the games. 

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Gibson has to start working inside. He had a giant lane inside and worked his way outside on the cut. 

when the play is too the inside he rarely sees lanes to the outside and vice versa when the play is too the outside. 

He definitely is better than his first 3 games though

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Well, maintain contact.  

That’s good.  Now the defense needs to do something productive.  Which starts by stopping the run.  

How many times can you use foot in one post?

Considering the word foot was used once... once.

Just now, KDawg said:

I very much doubt that. They will always coach you to get to daylight. He didn't look inside. His helmet never pointed that way. 

I just remember him early in the season cutting inside early directly into an OL’s ass.  So I’m sure they’re trying to coach him to be patient and look for the right cut.  I think he’s swung the wrong way now.  Now he’s waiting too long. 

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

Old hobbled Alex Smith is still currently the best QB on the roster.  If anything it should shut the door on Kyle Allen more than Haskins because what it is showing me is that Kyle Allen is basically just a "more experienced" version of Haskins without any of the physical tools there to develop.  That doesn't mean Haskins will necessarily develop into anything special either, but Kyle Allen was not playing as well as Alex Smith when he was in the games. 

I don't know if I can agree with that, Smith hasn't shown me anything yet that says he's better than Allen (this season).

Archived