Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Been playing CoD Modern Warfare 2 alot this week, I stopped at launch because there was no hardcore mode (but now there is).  I'm liking it so far, only main gripe is the weapon attachment unlocking system is absolute garbage. 

When I hit the max weapon level, it doesn't unlock all the attachments, forces me to level other guns in that class to a certain level to unlock them.  ****ing stupid.  Other than that, pretty solid so far imo.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2022 at 4:03 PM, purbeast said:

Yeah his weapon is boring AF for the most part.  Even with some upgrades and stuff.  When I got back to Kratos and started whooping the **** out of people with my axe and blades, it's just so much more refreshing.  I'm also getting a lot better at parrying which is making battle even more fun with the axe.  I was using the blades a lot more until I started getting parrying down and unlocked some upgraded moves.

I agree that part dragged but man it transitions so well into absolute badassness when Kratos shows up in the world tree portal entrance and then fights ensue. 

that segment aside, I feel the pacing is pretty on point and the narrative flows really well. I’m maybe 20 hours or so and I feel like it’s much more linear with less exploration than GOW which is interesting but helps the story move. Wondering when it opens up more if at all. I feel like a good chunk into the game and I don’t even have heavy runic attacks yet so the combat doesn’t feel quite as satisfying because I can’t string as many attacks together 

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I agree that part dragged but man it transitions so well into absolute badassness when Kratos shows up in the world tree portal entrance and then fights ensue. 

that segment aside, I feel the pacing is pretty on point and the narrative flows really well. I’m maybe 20 hours or so and I feel like it’s much more linear with less exploration than GOW which is interesting but helps the story move. Wondering when it opens up more if at all. I feel like a good chunk into the game and I don’t even have heavy runic attacks yet so the combat doesn’t feel quite as satisfying because I can’t string as many attacks together 

You're like 5 hours farther than me probably and I have a heavy runic attack.  Just one though.  

There is a lot of exploration IMO but you just have to go slightly out of the way to do it.

I also am at ANOTHER Atreus part and again, it's just boring as ****.  I want it to end already.  It's going on way too long and just a buncha walking and talking.

10 minutes ago, turtle said:

I'm behind you guys on GOW but loving the game. I'm at level 2 on each of Krato's weapons. I'm stuck on the damn 'hateful' boss. The one that comes out of the fire pit. I'm on the mine exploration level in the beginning.

Those aren't bosses that progress the story.  Those are completely optional.

I also just found out there is a quick turnaround option.  I had no clue lol.  The default is hold L1 and press down on the d-pad.  It can be changed to holding left thumbstick down and pressing it (L3) in as well.

Edited by purbeast
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, turtle said:

Advice on beating them?

If they are too tough go back to em later on.  I've beaten like 3 of them but the most recent one I tried like 10 times and was so close one time but couldn't do it, so I just moved past it.  It stays on your map after you discover it so you know where they are.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

I also just found out there is a quick turnaround option.  I had no clue lol.  The default is hold L1 and press down on the d-pad.  It can be changed to holding left thumbstick down and pressing it (L3) in as well.

thank you, I’ve been trying to figure this out forever. I used it all the time in the last game and was frustrated i couldn’t do it in this one 

1 hour ago, turtle said:

Advice on beating them?

take out the other easier guys first. Then use your light runics on the hateful guy. Keep your distance while they recharge so you can dodge attacks and evade more easily. When you change an opening try to sneak in with some quick attacks. Charge your blades and axe too when you can 

• Like 1

Played another boring ass Atreus part last night where you are basically just walking and following people while talking for like 90% of the time.  Again it was just way too long and I was so happy when it was over and I was back to killing things with my god damn Axe.  

I don't remember how often you played as Atreus in the prior one since I only played it long ago when it released, but damn I don't remember it being so much and/or the parts being so long.  All of the non-Kratos parts in this game kind of drop it down a point or two for me as far as the rating I'd give it.

EDIT:

I also have a second heavy rune attack now too, one for the blades.  So I have one for blades, and one for the axe now.

Edited by purbeast
  • Like 1

I've got a few hours before turkey time to ponder out my poor financial decisions. I'm a Mass Effect junkie and I'm probably going to finally get Legendary Edition for $20 and let it sit for a while until I'm ready to do it all over again. But I want another game.

Greedfall or CyberPunk? CyberPunk is $30, Greedfall is $12. I want something where I can mindlessly shoot things but still form emotional attachments to the minions I made along the way.

9 hours ago, purbeast said:

I don't remember how often you played as Atreus in the prior one

you didn’t. It was all Kratos. The Atreus parts don’t bother me because they advance the story. The one in the Ironwood dragged because you had to do chores with her. I’ve been fine with all the others so far and really enjoyed the 

Spoiler

Asgard 

segment 

My wife and I started playing Guardians of the Galaxy PS5. The story and banter were going along great, but when you got to large skirmishes, the fighting system made it near impossible. It was horrible. We made it through about half the game and decided that the combat was just too much of a mess and put it down. 

it seems this game has a little bit of a following, but I don’t see how. It must be all story and people are forgiving the combat. Also, tons of glitches in the screen and things not loading properly. I can see why this went on sale so quick. 

18 hours ago, NickyJ said:

I've got a few hours before turkey time to ponder out my poor financial decisions. I'm a Mass Effect junkie and I'm probably going to finally get Legendary Edition for $20 and let it sit for a while until I'm ready to do it all over again. But I want another game.

Greedfall or CyberPunk? CyberPunk is $30, Greedfall is $12. I want something where I can mindlessly shoot things but still form emotional attachments to the minions I made along the way.

I like Greedfall, the opening section is too long, but its a fun game. If you're a competent game though, you should play it on hard.

• Like 2

Didn't even realize you could see your total time played in God of War by looking at the auto saves in the loading screen.

I'm 24 hours in now.  I just wrapped up most of Midgard.  I now have 4 heavy runic attacks and still using the first one on blades, but second one on axe.

I hope I never have to play as Atreus again but I know it's happening lol.  It's been so fun as Kratos.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

Didn't even realize you could see your total time played in God of War by looking at the auto saves in the loading screen.

I'm 24 hours in now.  I just wrapped up most of Midgard.  I now have 4 heavy runic attacks and still using the first one on blades, but second one on axe.

I hope I never have to play as Atreus again but I know it's happening lol.  It's been so fun as Kratos.

I'm 12 hours in. still messing with hatefull

16 minutes ago, ShredSkins said:

all you PS5 guys having fun with God Of War.

meanwhile I'm over here with my Series X playing this stupid Medieval farm simulator. 

Hopefully next year is better for Microsoft. 

cross over to our side