Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Amazon used to do 20% off on pre-ordered games, so I definitely took advantage of that.  In fact, when it was announced they were getting rid of that perk, I went and pre-ordered a bunch of games that had been announced but didn't yet have release dates.  So thanks to preordering back in 2018, I will be paying $48 to have Bayonetta 3 shipped to me on release day in a few couple months.  Same for Metroid Prime 4... whenever that comes out.

My awesome wife surprised me with a PS5 that should be arriving today. I have 2 questions.

do any of y’all play with a headset? I’m looking for good sound. I don’t play online. I’ve read the Pulse 3d, which she bought, are uncomfortable, so I’m looking for an upgrade. I can use my Sony XM4s, but only with a wired connection through the controller. I’ve seen to have battery issues on controllers while using that method, so I’m looking for blue tooth or maybe even a dongle that will allow me to use those with the PS5

ive looked at the Arctis 7p+ which could be a choice and the A50 was suggested to me. 

what 2 games would you suggest? I have PS+, so currently have access to Returnal and Demon Souls. I’m in the last quarter of Tshushima, which will be cool to see the graphical differences between the original PS4 and the PS5.

• Like 1

Haven't played it yet but Horizon Forbidden West is supposed to be the best game to show off the PS5 right now. 

As for wireless headsets, depending on your price point, have heard only good things about HyperX Cloud Alpha and the A50s you mentioned. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

My awesome wife surprised me with a PS5 that should be arriving today. I have 2 questions.

do any of y’all play with a headset? I’m looking for good sound. I don’t play online. I’ve read the Pulse 3d, which she bought, are uncomfortable, so I’m looking for an upgrade. I can use my Sony XM4s, but only with a wired connection through the controller. I’ve seen to have battery issues on controllers while using that method, so I’m looking for blue tooth or maybe even a dongle that will allow me to use those with the PS5

ive looked at the Arctis 7p+ which could be a choice and the A50 was suggested to me. 

what 2 games would you suggest? I have PS+, so currently have access to Returnal and Demon Souls. I’m in the last quarter of Tshushima, which will be cool to see the graphical differences between the original PS4 and the PS5.

If you can find it on sale, Ratchet and Clank is probably the only game to make me feel like I was truly next gen. If that's not your style though, I say you get anything that's made just for the PS5/ next gen. Adapting the games for the previous generations tend to take something out of them. What exactly is for someone smarter than me, but I can tell you I notice the difference. 

Returnal is supposed to be REALLY next gen too, but I haven't played it because the difficulty is supposed to be brutal and I am waiting on a good reason to hate myself. The only other game I would recommend is Final Fantasy Intergrade. Its made for PS5 too, and it comes with the full game. Its not turn based like the others, its really more like a tactical Devil May Cry than anything else. Makes really good use of the technology in the system when in battle. I know the story and junk isn't for everyone though. And I feel like its free for you with PS+ see if you can find it. I know it was before they changed it. Might still be! 

As far as the headset goes, my honest opinion is if you don't mind the wire, pick your favorite wired set. And because you are tethered not to the system, but to the controller, its basically wireless. That's how i do it. I prefer it. The PS5 headset is fine I guess.... it is uncomfortable and the sound is ok. I wouldn't spend money on it

22 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Haven't played it yet but Horizon Forbidden West is supposed to be the best game to show off the PS5 right now. 

I have read this a bunch too. 

• Thanks 1

My wife and I love Ratchet & clank! I was going to get that so we could play together so she feels like she’s getting something out of the system also. Our all time favorite weapons are the dance one and Mr. Zurkon. 

Maybe I’m immature but I wish they would come back with the funny names like Up Your Arsenal. 

definitely getting horizon forbidden west at some point soon. The first game was decent. i wasn’t quite as big of a fan as others, but maybe the new system helps.

What about Deathloop? I saw it yesterday at a local GameStop for $22. I might just get it because it’s cheap.

Deathloop definitely got decent reviews and for that price it seems like a good buy point.

The one I'm waiting on to drop is Sifu. It's only $40 at launch and it's really not a PS5 only game but the mechanics and aging concept seemed really cool to me.

And of course, God of War Ragnarok and Skull&Bones drop in November. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

The one I'm waiting on to drop is Sifu. It's only $40 at launch and it's really not a PS5 only game but the mechanics and aging concept seemed really cool to me.

Totally worth the 40 bucks to be honest. Lots of reply value and just really good. Obviously a sale if you can wait is ideal.....just make sure to get it lol. Its so good. 

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Totally worth the 40 bucks to be honest. Lots of reply value and just really good. Obviously a sale if you can wait is ideal.....just make sure to get it lol. Its so good. 

Is it a rage quitting game though? Not sure my blood pressure can handle it right now. 😁

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

I'm playing it now on the PS5.  I really like it but if you ayed the first one, it can seem a bit redundant.  

On 7/17/2022 at 4:11 PM, ShredSkins said:

The Elden Beast...argh...

Honestly it was by far the most un-fun boss in the game.  It was just so different than everything else up until that point.

2 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Elden Ring

Ratchet and Clank

And if you haven't played The Last of Us 2, then that.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Is it a rage quitting game though? Not sure my blood pressure can handle it right now. 😁

You may hate yourself a bit lol but its more forgiving than something like Elden Ring. Its tuned so well that almost nothing happens that shouldn't and the enemies aren't cheap, you just have to learn how to fight them. Once you have their tricks figured out you can basically dismantle everything and everyone in your way if your have the muscle memory to do it. Also it gets easier the more you lose cause you can save the moves you learn before death. So you come back stronger which is dope. 

Mind you, I haven't beaten it yet because I got so addicted to it, that I wanted to complete it with zero deaths, couldn't, got mad and rage uninstalled 🙃

So maybe hahaha

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

If you like D&D based RPGs, I recommend the Pathfinder series. I finished Kingmaker and am currently playing Wrath of the Righteous. Awesome games(although the ending of Kingmaker is a bit of a slog to get through).

I do, but I never seem to finish them. I didn’t realize they made a Pathfinder video game. The last time I played, and I tried it twice, was Divinity Original Sin. I kept getting to the same spot about 30 hours in and I just couldn’t move forward. I really liked the game as well. 

I will keep this one in mind, thanks!

35 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

@The Evil GeniusDo you play No Man's Sky? I agree it's cool that they keep putting out updates, but none of them seem to change the core repetitiveness of the game. I played for a while with some friends but ultimately we all agreed it got old relatively quickly.

Sadly I haven't played anything in a few months. I really need time get my priorities straight and start playing my PS5 again.

I do have the game via Gamestop dumping it under $10 back in the day. Just never started it. 

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

If you like D&D based RPGs, I recommend the Pathfinder series. I finished Kingmaker and am currently playing Wrath of the Righteous. Awesome games(although the ending of Kingmaker is a bit of a slog to get through).

2 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I do, but I never seem to finish them. I didn’t realize they made a Pathfinder video game. The last time I played, and I tried it twice, was Divinity Original Sin. I kept getting to the same spot about 30 hours in and I just couldn’t move forward. I really liked the game as well. 

I will keep this one in mind, thanks!

I've been trying to get Pathfinder on Xbox for quite some time now, seems like the game is all but broken on consoles. The developers have left Pathfinder behind to focus on the sequel, not sure how that plays on consoles, but I would be afraid to spend money on it.

7 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Sadly I haven't played anything in a few months. I really need time get my priorities straight and start playing my PS5 again.

I do have the game via Gamestop dumping it under $10 back in the day. Just never started it. 

Ah, yeah if you already have the game it's worth playing through the main story once. After that it gets pretty repetitive. If you want someone for the co op portions feel free to DM me.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Simmsy said:

I've been trying to get Pathfinder on Xbox for quite some time now, seems like the game is all but broken on consoles. The developers have left Pathfinder behind to focus on the sequel, not sure how that plays on consoles, but I would be afraid to spend money on it.

yeah I saw that it has a lot of issues. I thought they would have fixed it from release or at least working on it. Sucks if they just gave up on it. Especially after people bought it and can’t get their money back

………………….

just played Returnal for about 3 hours. it’s a blast! So quick and smooth, the controller feels great and the sound is excellent through headphones. I’m still in the first biome, getting close to the end. 

if this is how the rest of the game goes, I’m hooked! A as of now it is one of the coolest games I’ve played

Edited by Fan since a Fetus

5 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

yeah I saw that it has a lot of issues. I thought they would have fixed it from release or at least working on it. Sucks if they just gave up on it. Especially after people bought it and can’t get their money back

………………….

just played Returnal for about 3 hours. it’s a blast! So quick and smooth, the controller feels great and the sound is excellent through headphones. I’m still in the first biome, getting close to the end. 

if this is how the rest of the game goes, I’m hooked! A as of now it is one of the coolest games I’ve played

I watched Pathfinder go from about $40 down to I think $5 right now, it really is a shame. The game looks phenomenal and and everyone says is amazing when it actually works. There is no excuse for a game to out this long in this day and age and be that broken. I don't know if Pathfinder uses the unity engine, but for some reason, games that run it, suck on consoles.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Divinity Original Sin 2 is probably one of my favorite games ever. I just started a new run not long ago. Always another way to do stuff in that game. Gives it hella replay value. 

• Like 1