Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Biden/Harris Administration's Cabinet: Who Do You Want in Which Role and Why?

Jumbo

52 minutes ago, Hersh said:

My only qualification for the AG is that they are going to investigate the Trump administration or at least turn their prosecutors loose. None of this "letting it go for the sake of unity" crap. 

27 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

It is important that it be very transparent and based on clear evidence that we have all seen so it doesn't look like a political hit job.  

Both of these need to happen. We can't have future grifters and seditionists get away with trashing the rule of law. I still say it was a huge mistake in pardoning Nixon. Although most of his administration was prosecuted and convicted, the head of the snake wasn't killed. Leading to this last four years of lawlessness.

23 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

It is important that it be very transparent and based on clear evidence that we have all seen so it doesn't look like a political hit job.  

meh I think that’s not gonna work out. 

they’re not going to present the case to the American people on tv. They’re going to present it in court first. And people are going to form their opinions immediately and that’s going to be that. 

the people we care about being open and honest with, are not interested in changing their minds. 

Also, since another poster brought it up, I don’t know that the only argument to not going after him is unity. I think you can make an argument that going after him just drums up more witch hunt stuff and just furthers their whole narrative on what’s going on. It’ll be first they took our country from us, then they took our beloved leader from us. Or some noise like that. 

I find it incredibly said there lack of balls many of our supposed leaders have. 

the job is quite literally to be a leader of your constituents first. And many have punted on that notion entirely. 

59 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

100% agree. I just want crimes to be prosecuted. We need a thorough investigation into all the BS that took place even if part of that is done by some commission. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

My only qualification for the AG is that they are going to investigate the Trump administration or at least turn their prosecutors loose. None of this "letting it go for the sake of unity" crap. 

Joe doesn’t want that.  So, you are bound  to be very disappointed there.

Edited by Rdskns2000

6 hours ago, China said:

I think the standard I've seen is that you only pursue cases you know you can win so you end up with an indisputable 100% conviction rate and it doesn't then look like a political hit job.

There aren't any "cases you can win".  

Donald Trump admitted to diverting government funds so that he could use them to extort a foreign government into making an illegal contribution to his reelection campaign.  And 100% of Republican members of Congress voted to acquit him.  And around 49% of the country think that was the moral thing to do.  

That's your jury pool.  

Trump has less chance of being convicted than a cop who shot an unarmed black man in the back on camera.  

• Thanks 1

Stacey Abrams would be a great Democratic Party chair if she could be talked into it

I agree.  What she did in Georgia was amazing.  If those 2 Senate seats can go Dem, that will be amazing.

I know she wants to be GA governor and President one day.   There's plenty of time to do that in her future.

She needs to put aside her personal ambitions for now and become DNC chairwoman.   You need someone like her; so the Dems have a chance in 2022.  Right now it's looking the GOP will get the House back in 22.   Stacy will make sure the Dems have the right candidates at all levels.  So, many key races that year.

• Like 2