Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Biden/Harris Administration's Cabinet: Who Do You Want in Which Role and Why?

Jumbo

I'm going to not name any sitting senators, who I think have a higher profile due to their jobs, but probably aren't as qualified because they have to know a little about many things, not a lot about one thing. 

Admiral McRaven for NSA.  

Susan Rice as SecState, highly qualified and great relationship with Biden.

Michele Flournoy as SecDef, would be first woman, has already been undersecretary for policy.  Does not have any financial ties to the defense contracing industry, which i view as a major plus.  

Lael Brainard for Treasury, has deep ties with the Fed and worked closely with Biden/Obama during another financial crisis.

Sally Yates as AG.  Has already briefly been acting AG and has the exact right temperament for rebuilding it after Barr leaves. 

HHS - Vivek Murthy 

AG - Heidi Heitkamp - formerly a Dem Senator is a very red agricultural state.

FCC - Jessica Rosenworcel - is a current commissioner nominated by Obama, was in the running for this job in 2013, probably knows exactly how to undue the damage done by Ajit Pai. 

VA - Jason Kander - is a veteran and, like Pete, probably can't win a senate seat in his home state b/c it's too red, but he needs a role in the party.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Burgold said:

I think he wouldn't get approved, but I think Bernie probably deserves to be nominated for Labor. It'd be a decent place for him and placate all the bros. Besides, Sanders did his part during the campaign to back up Biden.

I like offering him the job.  Although staying in the Senate isn't bad, either.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Sally Yates as AG.  Has already briefly been acting AG and has the exact right temperament for rebuilding it after Barr leaves.

This is all true but I’d find something else for her to do. This person will be responsible for deciding to prosecute people from the Trump administration. It is critical that those decisions are not seen as vengeful or political and with her history, it would be. I don’t doubt her ability to be impartial in those decisions, but the optics of it aren’t great and if we are trying to rebuild the DOJ after Trump and Barr, I think it needs someone else in there 

3 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

This is all true but I’d find something else for her to do. This person will be responsible for deciding to prosecute people from the Trump administration. It is critical that those decisions are not seen as vengeful or political and with her history, it would be. I don’t doubt her ability to be impartial in those decisions, but the optics of it aren’t great and if we are trying to rebuild the DOJ after Trump and Barr, I think it needs someone else in there 

That's true, but I don't think there is anyone that fits that bill perfectly.  Anybody that prosecutes anybody from the Trump admin will immediately be labeled as a partisan by the right in bad faith.  These people made Bob Mueller out to be an agent of the far left.  

The fact that she stood up to a sitting President and was willing to get fired for her unwillingness to defend something that she believed was illegal is exactly what is needed to restore DoJ's morale and attract the kind of people that it needs to rebuild. 

13 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Can I get Secretary of Election Fraud?  I feel like I can successfully steal the Senate next time

Get it right, it's a CZAR.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Larry said:

Really big Mayor Pete cheerleader, here.  But . . . 

I observe that there are a lot of countries out there who I think would have a problem dealing with a gay man.  

Now, you and I might think that they're wrong, or that's their problem, or whatever.  But it is a fact that we need to deal with, say, the Saudis.  

Not saying they have veto power over our cabinet.  But we might want to try to be . . . . diplomatic?

We are America. No more compromising our principles to please foreign nations.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Kasich - budget director

Sally Yates - AG

Susan Rice - Sec of State

Huntsman - UN ambassador

Ali Soufan - Homeland security, or head of FBI if Trump fires his guy before leaving.

Richard Haas - head of NSC

Robert Baer - head of CIA

Corey Booker - HUD

Jared Kushner - ambassador to Somalia...or maybe Yemen...or anywhere else he stands a good chance of getting kidnapped and never heard from again.

2 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

Kasich - budget director

Sally Yates - AG

Susan Rice - Sec of State

Huntsman - UN ambassador

Ali Soufan - Homeland security, or head of FBI if Trump fires his guy before leaving.

Richard Haas - head of NSC

Robert Baer - head of CIA

Corey Booker - HUD

Jared Kushner - ambassador to Somalia...or maybe Yemen...or anywhere else he stands a good chance of getting kidnapped and never heard from again.

Jared Kushner - ambassador to Somalia...or maybe Yemen...or anywhere else he stands a good chance of getting kidnapped and never heard from again. 🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I sure as hell don't want a Republican having anything to do with budget issues.  They are already going to start worrying about the deficit again (after not giving a **** for 4 years) as soon as Biden takes the oath of office.  If people want a nod to solidarity by including a republican in the cabinet, Kasich isn't a terrible choice, but the position should be like Interior or Agriculture (i.e., not contentious or political). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I sure as hell don't want a Republican having anything to do with budget issues.  

Kasich was a key figure in Clinton's budgets in the nineties, and was not part of the disastrous GOP budgets of the last twenty years (he did not run for congress in 2000 or after). As governor of OH, he embraced medicaid payments from the ACA.

If it has to be a Dem, Kasich's counterpart Tim Penny would be my top choice.

Edited by Riggo-toni
  • Like 1