Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Biden/Harris Administration's Cabinet: Who Do You Want in Which Role and Why?

Jumbo

7 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Pete probably isn't getting a job.

Kinda disappointing, as a fan of his since the primaries.  But I could see it happening, too.  Biden seems to be valuing competence and experience, (a decision I can't really argue with), and even fan in me has to say he really doesn't have much.  

It has occurred to me that probably the thing that would most help his resume would be if he could make it into Congress/Senate/Governor.  But I'm not sure if he has a shot at those.  (Or whether those jobs are already held by good people who ought to stay.)  

1 hour ago, Larry said:

Kinda disappointing, as a fan of his since the primaries.  But I could see it happening, too.  Biden seems to be valuing competence and experience, (a decision I can't really argue with), and even fan in me has to say he really doesn't have much.  

It has occurred to me that probably the thing that would most help his resume would be if he could make it into Congress/Senate/Governor.  But I'm not sure if he has a shot at those.  (Or whether those jobs are already held by good people who ought to stay.)  

He could possibly win a congressional seat but there's no way he can win Senator or Governor in Indiana. He'd have to move to a more Democratic friendly state.

45 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Yeah not sure why anyone is touting Rahm. 

He's an establishment Democrat who was Obama's Chief of Staff, a senior adviser to Clinton, and was also in Congress for a fair number of years in important positions.

He's got lots of connections (including probably directly to Biden), and might well be owed lots of favors, which is the unsavory side of politics, but to be honest, is the kind of almost benign mainstream corruption I was looking forward to after 4 years of Trump.

4 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Not buying the Rahm talks. Dude is non confirmable and that's with Democrats. It's not just internet leftists that would be mad with the pick.

I'm sure that just his name floating as a leading contender and nobody coming out and denouncing it is going to hurt them in the GA races. This is a real slap in the face to the people that got Biden elected and is the first misstep from Biden imo. 

Due to the circumstances he finds himself in, the power he will wield is already fragile with the midterms looming. Can't afford to piss off a chunk of the base with a pick like this

• Like 1