Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Game Day Thread

zCommander

3 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I havn't done the math on it yet, but it seems like a good chance that a team ends up with more wins than that, simply based on the fact that the NFCE teams still have to play each other

Agreed.  Philly is at 3-4-1 right now.  They'd have to go 1-7 from here on out in order for a 5-11 team to beat them out.

6 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:
The Eagles are the 1st team to:

- Have under 250 total yards, AND
- Turn the ball over 4+ times, AND
- Get sacked 4+ times

And still win the game by 14+ points...since the Dolphins beat the Jets 14-0 in the 1982 AFC Championship Game.

That actually tells you how bad Dallas is.

Storytime!!

The family had season tickets back in those days.  Sec 541.  So, we had been in stands on Saturday for that magical game against Dallas.  We were naturally tuning in to the Sunday AFC title game with great interest.  Who would we play in Pasadena?

The Jets were an elite offense at the time and a Top 10 defense.  We as fans, were more than a little concerned with the matchup.

The Dolphins were a Top 3 defense and a crap offense...but Shula was in full Lombardi mode back then.  Still, a better matchup for the Skins...plus we wanted revenge for that 1972 bull****.

As the story goes, the SoFla monsoon set in around midnight.  And Shula sent the crew out to pull the tarp at 6AM.  Though the rain had largely ended by the second half, the field was a total slop.  The Jets weren’t ready and the Dolphins blitzed them into the mud.

Shula and his squad would get a date with Mr Gibbs and Mr Riggins the following Sunday.

19 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

What we learned from tonight's game :

WFT is guaranteed to have a really Happy Thanksgiving.

Our DL will feast on Dallas' OL, like it was Turducken in the hands of John Madden.

I confess that I found Madden’s schtick to wear thin, but his salivating over the Turducken was always a highlight. 

6 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:
The Eagles are the 1st team to:

- Have under 250 total yards, AND
- Turn the ball over 4+ times, AND
- Get sacked 4+ times

And still win the game by 14+ points...since the Dolphins beat the Jets 14-0 in the 1982 AFC Championship Game.

That actually tells you how bad Dallas is.

My eyes tell me how bad Dallas is. I don’t need no stinking statistics.

Archived