Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New WFT Gear You Have?

Master Blaster

Over the summer I had my doubts over whether I could continue following this team (or the NFL entirely). I resolved that by just ignoring the change (Just stopping in the denial phase of grief is working for me). They are the Redskins to me and I'll always refer to them as such and will only wear Redskins gear.  It is my way of dealing with this. For those who have family that left @bakedtater1 you could suggest this as a solution.  HTTR.

Yea thats gonna be a no from me dog. 

1. the name isn’t final

2. I stopped spending money on current players a long time ago after several “busts” 

3. We gotta do some serious winning 

On 9/15/2020 at 12:20 PM, nonniey said:

Over the summer I had my doubts over whether I could continue following this team (or the NFL entirely). I resolved that by just ignoring the change (Just stopping in the denial phase of grief is working for me). They are the Redskins to me and I'll always refer to them as such and will only wear Redskins gear.  It is my way of dealing with this. For those who have family that left @bakedtater1 you could suggest this as a solution.  HTTR.

I did the opposite, to me the Redskins are dead and this is a new franchise....I also am not convinced I’ll be a fan of this new team so it’s a rent to buy option. 

On 9/18/2020 at 7:14 PM, Hdf561 said:

Yea thats gonna be a no from me dog. 

1. the name isn’t final

2. I stopped spending money on current players a long time ago after several “busts” 

3. We gotta do some serious winning 

1. Maybe. Maybe not

2. How much longer do you think it'll be before you feel like Ryan Kerrigan, Jonathan Allen, Deron Payne, Matt Ioannadis,  and Fabian Morreau are not a " bust " ?  Can we get a timeline ?

3. Well ..... yeah. We do need to win.

And that's a nice looking hat.

2 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

1. Maybe. Maybe not

2. How much longer do you think it'll be before you feel like Ryan Kerrigan, Jonathan Allen, Deron Payne, Matt Ioannadis,  and Fabiam Morreau are not a " bust " ?  Can we get a timeline ?

3. Well ..... yeah. We do need to win.

And that's a nice looking hat.

Kerrigan clearly not a bust but that don’t mean im buying his jersey. IMO Allen, Payne, Ioannadis jury is still out, but I freely admit it’s probably because we haven’t won anything. I currently only have Theisman, Doug Williams, Mark Rypien, and Sean Taylor. 

winning cures everything, so perhaps if we continue to look like a competent football team for let’s say 5 years I would be more inclined. 

On 9/18/2020 at 4:14 PM, Hdf561 said:

I also am not convinced I’ll be a fan of this new team so it’s a rent to buy option. 

But still have an account here?

On 9/15/2020 at 9:20 AM, nonniey said:

They are upset about the players and <mod edit political comments on two diff political topics--one week ban>..and the name change of course lol..there old fashioned I guees

20 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

They are upset about the players and the national anthem and the whole blm thing..and the name change of course lol..there old fashioned I guees

Am I not allowed. I was a fan of the Redskins for 38 years, but in my eyes that team doesn’t exist anymore. So yea I am contemplating if I will be a fan of the Washington Football team or not. Do you think I’m alone? I assure you I’m not. 

35 minutes ago, Hdf561 said:

Am I not allowed. I was a fan of the Redskins for 38 years, but in my eyes that team doesn’t exist anymore. So yea I am contemplating if I will be a fan of the Washington Football team or not. Do you think I’m alone? I assure you I’m not. 

No I never said you're alone I'm just curious if you'll still come around here and why

I am more inclined to get generic looking gear that says Washington Football Team on it than I’ve been to buy anything “Redskin” in the last ten years.  This doesn’t happen very often.  It’s weird, and I dig it.  So I will be getting a tshirt.  Maybe a hat.  Plus, once the team rebrands these will be gone, and that might make these sort of special.  

I doubt I’ll ever buy a jersey again.  Just not my thing.  

5 hours ago, Destino said:

I am more inclined to get generic looking gear that says Washington Football Team on it than I’ve been to buy anything “Redskin” in the last ten years.  This doesn’t happen very often.  It’s weird, and I dig it.  So I will be getting a tshirt.  Maybe a hat.  Plus, once the team rebrands these will be gone, and that might make these sort of special.  

I doubt I’ll ever buy a jersey again.  Just not my thing.  

So assuming you've been a fan scince birth like the majority of us you've been a fan for 121 years was it just the first 111 years you would dawn something with redskin on it?

On 9/18/2020 at 4:52 PM, bakedtater1 said:

They are upset about the players and the national anthem and the whole blm thing..and the name change of course lol..there old fashioned I guees

really? you now have a week off to remind yourself of the importance of the 'read this' thread at the top of the stadium

if you don't stop violating rules as part of your  'you doing you' deal here you will be up for a permanent ban :( 

you're a nice enough guy here and i also know you have the capability to understand this stuff and can consciously choose to stop being so careless and self-indulgent with continuing rule violations...clean it up so you're not cut :) 

On 9/20/2020 at 8:42 AM, Jumbo said:

really? you now have a week off to remind yourself of the importance of the 'read this' thread at the top of the stadium

if you don't stop violating rules as part of your  'you doing you' deal here you will be up for a permanent ban :( 

you're a nice enough guy here and i also know you have the capability to understand this stuff and can consciously choose to stop being so careless and self-indulgent with continuing rule violations...clean it up so you're not cut :) 

I understand now what I did...I'm sorry jumbo...I wasnt doing anything intentional by me being me..it slipped and I've learned from my mistake...I also want to thank you..tho i am cussing you out while I'm on vacation all week I understand your just trying to help me be a better member of this community..thank you.

Archived