Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

What the Eagles do better than most if not everyone is asset management. They work draft picks in terms of trade downs and what not as well as anyone. And when there is someone they like, they'll move up to get him(see Davante Smith in 2021). When they spend on FAs/trades, they don't bargain shop, they go for premiums(see AJ Brown, Hassan Reddick, James Bradberry etc.). You rarely if ever see completely dead contracts on their team like we've had with the likes of Alex Smith, William Jackson, now Carson Wentz etc. 

I'd kill for a GM like Howie Roseman. The guy plays 3 dimensional chess and wins. Rivera and co. play tic tac toe and struggle.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I'd kill for a GM like Howie Roseman. The guy plays 3 dimensional chess and wins. Rivera and co. Dan Snyder plays tic tac toe and struggle.

I will continue to beat this drum until he sells.

I will continue to use this analogy: Blaming Rivera is like giving a man with lung cancer a bottle of Robitussin because he coughed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I've touted Roseman and the Eagles for years on the previous GM thread, took an occasional arrow for doing it.  They were doing well then but had their critics as for the drafts among other things at that thread.  Yes, some on that thread liked Bruce.  Good times. :ols:

Bruce IMO was the tick tac toe player.  He had no recognition that the style he brought to that FO -- arrogance with delusion and total lack of pizzaz would not just make this team mediocre to less than that but also boring and irrelevant. 

Like or not like Roseman's approach, he was always trying something, hit or miss, he kept going especially at QB.  Whether he was successful or not in real time, he gave you the feeling that he was never resting on his laurels.

Rivera's first FA crop was good.  The drafts have been good, too IMO.  FA year 2 bad.  FA year 3 he did nothing but most of the indications for that is that was all Dan.  The trade down in the last draft was very good.

But the one thing he hasn't done nor Bruce-Vinny is use the draft to trade assets for the following year.  Scot McCloughhan for his faults, added 3 picks for the following draft, during his last draft here and that was wildly unique for this organization.  

As much as I couldn't stand Cerrato and Bruce, I still put more of that on Dan.  Dan is not a mortgage assets today for more assets in the future kind of dude.  It's not in his DNA and that seems to seep into this organization.  When the Dolphins also on the long track of mediocrity to less than that decided to get off that merry go around, that decree came from the owner it seemed. 

The FO and HC needs to have ownership support to take a step back now for a step up later because often you have more to lose than gain to adapt that approach initially because the odds on you are hurting yourself and helping the future coach-GM at your expense. 

See Casserly which was the last time we arguably were super aggressive, Eagles style, as to building assets.  He was gone and the next regime benefitted from the move, not him.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, hail2skins said:

You can easily make the same argument about the 91 Skins. Didn't have to deal with Parcells and both Randall Cunningham and Joe Montana basically missed the season. Yes, destroyed a loaded Bills squad in the SB, but on the way there, beat the Falcons and Lions, neither of which did anything of note before or after that season.

I'm inclined to pull a bit for the Chiefs in this game, although I wouldn't be upset if the Eagles prevail, which is what I think happens. Because of family obligations, I didn't get to see much of the earlier playoff rounds, and really looked forward to yesterday. The way things played out, with the 49ers reduced to not having a functional QB and the flag giving KC the FG shot at the end, kinda sucked

I’m not only talking about the playoffs, nor am I saying they aren’t a damn good team.  They are.  I just think both the Chiefs and Bengals pose a greater threat to their style of play than anyone in the NFC could.

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

What the Eagles do better than most if not everyone is asset management. They work draft picks in terms of trade downs and what not as well as anyone. And when there is someone they like, they'll move up to get him(see Davante Smith in 2021). When they spend on FAs/trades, they don't bargain shop, they go for premiums(see AJ Brown, Hassan Reddick, James Bradberry etc.). You rarely if ever see completely dead contracts on their team like we've had with the likes of Alex Smith, William Jackson, now Carson Wentz etc. 

I'd kill for a GM like Howie Roseman. The guy plays 3 dimensional chess and wins. Rivera and co. play tic tac toe and struggle.

They are aggressive in nearly every move they do. They dont waffle on decisions. They see the writing on the wall in 2 years that X player is going to be a terrible dead weight they move him on a dollar to dollar basis as opposed to us for pennies on the dollar. They arent afraid of taking a step back if it means taking 3 steps forward in a season. They dont care if the move makes them a game or 2 worse in the upcoming season if said return gaines them 1-2 more wins each year for the following 2-5 years. 

They would have traded Payne Scherff Trent at premiums. Not for scraps. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

The OC will not be exciting in any way, shape, or form. I am fairly certain it'll be someone like Zampese. The Revilers will get all worked up, wanting Rivera fired, blah, blah, blah...but this is still not an attractive destination, not yet anyway. It's most likely a one-and-done year, as I fully expect a thorough house cleaning to come with the new ownership.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

The OC will not be exciting in any way, shape, or form. I am fairly certain it'll be someone like Zampese. The Revilers will get all worked up, wanting Rivera fired, blah, blah, blah...but this is still not an attractive destination, not yet anyway. It's most likely a one-and-done year, as I fully expect a thorough house cleaning to come with the new ownership.

It seems as if with all the candidates interviewed and the request to interview Eric Bieniemy … Rivera really wants to hire someone other then Zampese or even Shurmur but as you said this job at this point with so many other tangibles he might be forced to hire Zampese or Shurmur due to other situations (new owners cleaning house after 2023)

• Thanks 1

Next Tweet on @Commanders will look like this except replace the name and picture with Anthony Lynn.

10 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I miss Chip Kelly 🙁

Philly has one of the best GMs in the league if not The best GM in the league. 

Edited by RWJ
wording

1 hour ago, UK Skins said:

I can't tell you how much I hate that mascot. I know they are meant to be caricatures but they just took that one way too far.

same. I think a lot of has to do with disliking it before it was released because how badly they messed up the uniforms. Then the name was dumb. Then WHEN they did the announcement was dumb. If they had a mascot show up at fan appreciate day with all the kids there and had it focus there. I think it would have been accepted better. Running out of the tunnel for an ownership on the way out, wearing sort of the uniform we liked but they got rid of. I don't know, par for the course with handle a lot of these things.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 1/30/2023 at 10:51 AM, No Nonsense said:

I’ve heard the rumors too. I got one question. Why would Eric Bieniemy leave KC to come to Washington for a lateral move? 

If he leaves KC to take a lateral OC position I believe it's to escape the shadow of Reid and Mahomes.  That said I think the Ravens job would be more enticing with or without Lamar.

On 1/27/2023 at 1:07 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

The behind the scenes look than many here were craving to see, here it is, the wait is no more...

Yeah I Thought I saw a more menacing look earlier somewhere. For those that care its at the 2:46 mark. Actually I wouldnt hate that version.

• Like 1