Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

For the record, I don't think Turner is Kyle Shanahan by any stretch.

But man, how quickly we forget how it ended. Tons of stuff like this --

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/snyder-rg3-made-mistakes-but-this-redskins-disaster-is-all-shanahans/

Kyle Shanahan, according to numerous team sources, is viewed with scorn from varied members of the staff and organization, has been described as "a spoiled brat," and one staff member put it: "He treats and disrespects Robert like he's a JV QB." It's also worth noting that when the assistants got their extensions after the 2012 season, a team source said Kyle Shanahan received the biggest bumps and is scheduled to earn $1.5M in 2014.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Hooper said:

For the record, I don't think Turner is Kyle Shanahan by any stretch.

But man, how quickly we forget how it ended. Tons of stuff like this --

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/snyder-rg3-made-mistakes-but-this-redskins-disaster-is-all-shanahans/

Kyle Shanahan, according to numerous team sources, is viewed with scorn from varied members of the staff and organization, has been described as "a spoiled brat," and one staff member put it: "He treats and disrespects Robert like he's a JV QB." It's also worth noting that when the assistants got their extensions after the 2012 season, a team source said Kyle Shanahan received the biggest bumps and is scheduled to earn $1.5M in 2014.

Five will get you ten that the entire story was dictated to CBS by Bruce Allen.

The "varied members of staff" likely only confirmed what Allen said at his behest.

He never missed a chance to projectile vomit all over the reputation of former employees as they were walking out the door.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 3

The biggest thing that stuck me about Kyle was Brian Mitchell's rants about him.  I can't think of a coaching staff we've had that Brian liked.  But now Mitchell likes him in SF.

I like Mitchell generally but for some reason the juxtopisiton of now he's good, then he was bad, sticks with me the most among the non-fans.  

• Thanks 1

I wouldn't hate Shurmur.  i didn't care for him as a head coach but as a play caller, i found him competent whenever I paid attention.  He has his fan twitter critics over the years as most veteran playcallers who dont coach for top teams do -- so not as sexy a hire as Bienemy who I'd prefer. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

that's their BS cop out answer to how do you play with a below average QB.  They clearly didn't feel that way at the beginning of the season.

They are right IMO if you have a team with bad QB play and an O line who is above average as run blockers and below average as pass blockers,

I get coaches who want to put spin on everything, most do, Shanny among our coaches here was the most infamous for it IMO. but Ron is giving Shanny a run for his money.  I think they'd do better by just saying what they really think.   

Mayhew's comment was even more ridiculous and I really doubt its what they truly think.    They should have said they believe it if they live with a bottom tier QB.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Acworth skins fan said:

What baggage? I don’t follow the game like some of you do. 
This may make the team look for another vet to take over as any QB will now all be on the same page starting with a new system. 

https://www.sportscasting.com/chiefs-oc-eric-bieniemys-troubling-rap-sheet-includes-a-disturbing-assault-charge-against-a-woman/

When he was in the NFL he choked a female parking attendant at Colorado.  

When he was a coach there 

• Bieniemy was also linked to allegations that Colorado’s football program “used alcohol and sex to lure recruits.” ESPN reported in 2004 that the university discovered there was evidence of drugs and alcohol being used to “entice recruits,” but no university officials were guilty of misconduct.

There were other things like DUIs and fighting.  But the violence to a woman and prostitution is something this organization shouldn’t be linked to.

It’s the past, and there should be forgiveness, but I don’t think this place, at this time, is a good matchup.

• Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Dude was not a good OC, but he never had the pieces to be a good OC. he was saddled with QBs that forced a run heavy O for any chance of success.

Hopefully the next guy has a QB he can actually work with instead of hide.

He had pieces, he didn’t know how to utilize them.  The offense could have been middle of the pack and we’d be playing next week.  He didn’t know how to call plays with a decimated line.  Had early signs that he did but went completely away from it and cost us 2 early losses (not to mention rest of season).  He failed to maintain what worked and moved the ball with ease 

35 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

https://www.sportscasting.com/chiefs-oc-eric-bieniemys-troubling-rap-sheet-includes-a-disturbing-assault-charge-against-a-woman/

When he was in the NFL he choked a female parking attendant at Colorado.  

When he was a coach there 

• Bieniemy was also linked to allegations that Colorado’s football program “used alcohol and sex to lure recruits.” ESPN reported in 2004 that the university discovered there was evidence of drugs and alcohol being used to “entice recruits,” but no university officials were guilty of misconduct.

There were other things like DUIs and fighting.  But the violence to a woman and prostitution is something this organization shouldn’t be linked to.

It’s the past, and there should be forgiveness, but I don’t think this place, at this time, is a good matchup.

Bienemy hired people to scavenge for women to sate the nearly unquenchable lust of his players.

In one infamous incident reported in Newsweek he had assistant coaches with fishing rods and reels hidden behind azalea bushes in a local park.

The coaches attached 100 dollar bills to the end of their fishing line along with a small weight and gently cast it close to unsuspecting women.

When a woman approached the c-note the coach would begin to slowly reel it in, as if the wind was blowing it away, forcing her to follow behind.

Then at the last moment another coach  would jump out and bag the woman before carrying her off to waiting players and recruits, eager to partake in the day's "festivities".

This process was called "hooking" and "bagging your catch".

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Lololololol at anybody saying “hard pass” on Eric Bienemy. 😆😆😆😆

38 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I wouldn't hate Shurmur.  i didn't care for him as a head coach but as a play caller, i found him competent whenever I paid attention.  He has his fan twitter critics over the years as most veteran playcallers who dont coach for top teams do -- so not as sexy a hire as Bienemy who I'd prefer. 

That dude has baggage STACKED on his baggage. Not to mention, the players can't stand him, nor do they respect him. 

Very hard pass.  It's ZERO surprise he's gotten no looks for head coach once you do the math. 

23 minutes ago, method man said:

For all those saddened by Ron's comments on a power run 1st style of attack, I think it indicates he is ruling out Carr and other expensive options.

I like it.....in fact, I'd like to see UFA RB Damian Harris come here to pound the rock with B-Rob if/when we let Gibson walk. McKissic remains the 3rd down back. That would give us two Bama RB's to compliment each other .

18 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

That dude has baggage STACKED on his baggage. Not to mention, the players can't stand him, nor do they respect him. 

Very hard pass.  It's ZERO surprise he's gotten no looks for head coach once you do the math. 

I watched most of the Giants games when he was the coach and some of the Vikings back when Keenum was their QB and they took them to the playoffs.  Competent coordinator to my eyes.  

But I predicted getting some hate back on this.  It's cool. 😀

7 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I like it.....in fact, I'd like to see UFA RB Damian Harris come here to pound the rock with B-Rob if/when we let Gibson walk. McKissic remains the 3rd down back. That would give us two Bama RB's to compliment each other .

I'd rather take a shot at Marlon Mack.