Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

6 hours ago, Peregrine said:

Yeah, exactly this.  The only thing Dan has left in this life is the respect and power of being an NFL owner.  His entire self-worth is now attached to it.  He can create a fake crowd of admirers and those that respect him purely through his ownership of an NFL team.  Look at Jason Wright and the rest of the Front Office staff, supposedly well respected individuals and yet not a one would do anything but respect Snyder in his presence, purely because of who he is and because he hired them.  As long as he owns a team he can pick and choose which yes men to surround himself with and live in his dream world where hes powerful respected and smart.

The moment he sells all of that is gone.

Remember, a billionaire can always buy friends. And none of us should ever feel sorry for a billionaire no matter the circumstances of his downfall.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Cooley does good takes over the years.  His take in some of his game reports this year is a key problem with the offense leading into the Bears game is they throw too much.  Teams daring them to run and they throw anyway. Leading into the Bears games, they threw the ball 67% of the time (3rd in the league as to pass %).  Eagles cuing in on their tendencies to throw on first down and just teed off on Wentz.  The lack of balance coupled with this offensive line being a much better run blocking unit versus pass blocking unit in his mind -- he was mystified by the approach and iuts part of the reason why the offensive line has looked horrendous and Wentz has been sacked so much.  Turner calling plays like Wentz has the Hogs protecting him. 

From what I've read Ron doesn't micromanage either unit to a fault -- but if that's changed and he's messing with the units now to tell them to run the freaking ball more -- its hell yes an endorsement from me. 

Another case of Dan cutting back to save money.  :ols:

I am not seeing teams daring us to run and suspect peeps here haven't seen much. We are pretty hardcore not miss a snap crew and we'd see posters noting it.

Defenses are so aggressive now that when injuries strike an OL like ours defenses will tee off even more. Run blitz. Happen to be passing - great its a pass blitz.  They attack on almost all downs and bet Cooley would too. IMO defenses do that without an injured OL. Logic tells me teams should be daring us to pass with severely hindered pass pro. We couldn't even shotgun snap 1 week lol.

I see stacked boxes and blitzing; our OL being attacked like a pack of lions seeing a limping zebra across the african tundra trying to find water. Its a common narrative to suggest a failing 1-4 team with no pass protection and immobile QB should run more.  Regardless the team as constructed with Wentz TMC Samuel Dotson Logan and fumble prone Gibson - I feel Turner should have passed more to use his new toys. Or dressed Jonathan Williams and run more after injuries struck. Who didn't approve of our week 1 pass happy offense?

Problem appears to me is that Carson sucks in a quick passing offense - can't get his feet set or has lost confidence. Why Turner NEVER rolls him to buy time is a question for Cooley. Chris please address this next week. 

Curious what % of the time has our team been down multiple scores in the 2nd half; I know we are getting torched in first halves. Teams should be letting us run out the clock on ourselves in the 2nd half if they are playing soft. Maybe Ron is not conceding games as much.

With Robinson finally back I think the game plan will change to a fiddy fiddy run pass split. You can still pass first get a lead the run out the clock after Ds adjust to stop the pass and get to 5050. If we can pass pro I want to see Wentz going deep. Maybe next year. On his next team. The Carolina Castoff Commanders season may be toast.

Edited by RandyHolt

18 hours ago, SonnySideUp said:

The Washington Commanders owner is being investigated by Mary Jo White for allegations of sexual misconduct, including one by a woman who Snyder paid $1.6 million to in 2009 to go away. This is not to be confused with a previous investigation by Beth Wilkinson that found a toxic and misogynistic culture at the WFT.

I think the owners are waiting for the MJW report to be completed before they consider a vote. But I'm confused. The article says she is investigating allegations of sexual misconduct when I thought she was only investigating the financial impropriates allegations.  

19 hours ago, Going Commando said:

I just don't agree that Ron is protesting too much.  I think this is exactly how a coach needs to behave in defense of his QB.  He needs get fired up and demonstrate to everyone that Carson is his guy and that he's got his full support and to basically STFU about Carson being forced on him or being some unwanted product of politics or ownership.  You can not play QB in this league without the support of your coach, I don't care how talented you are.  Every QB will go through struggles and ebbs--Aaron Rodgers, Matt Stafford, Matt Ryan, and Russell Wilson have all played some terrible football so far this season--but it makes all of the difference in the world to know your are right there in the battle with you and aren't going to pull you for your next failure in execution.  You have zero chance of turning things around and playing good football without that being the case.

I agree to an extent.  But by bringing it up the way he does, it puts Wentz somewhat on the spot and fosters these national stories -- and the national media for whatever strange reason hates Wentz and thinks he's a joke.

I've not been impressed with Wentz so far.  Don't hate his play either.  IMO "meh".  But you certainly could see his arm strength.  But not sure he's worth 28 million.  But I am not one of the Wentz haters here.  I am open to him, still. 

Eagles have told the world and followed up with it, which is they got a cheap QB and they are going to take advantage of it financially.  The Titans couldn't afford AJ Brown with Tannehill in the fold.  Would I want Tannehill at his price over Hurts.  Nope.  We could be running the same script.

I suspect the reason his mobility is gone is that he's hurt. 

Could be.

The DL looks awesome, the starters have been dominant, and the depth has been fantastic.  They are good enough to contend with.  I think our linebackers have been pretty serviceable too, and that most of the biggest issues with the defense can be fixed with some personnel improvements in the secondary.  The biggest problem for the defensive performance is that they are getting run ragged by an offense that can't move the chains, much less score points or take leads and alleviate some of the pressure to be dominant every series.  We have to be realistic and accept that this is pretty much as good as your defense will get when your offense is absolutely nonfunctional.

D line looks to be finally living up to their hype.  Sneaky thing that worked out in the off season -- basically Buffalo and the Commanders traded D lineman in FA.  And Obada >>>> Settle. Toohill has looked great, too.  I like the Ridgeway pickup.  D line looks really good and that's without Chase.  Wild.

Agree that the offense holds this defense back.  The defense is always on the field so the opposing team gets more possessions -- D gets tired. And yeah imagine this D line nursing a lead? where they get to tee off on passing down after passing down?  They almost never have that luxury.  If this team had a good offense the D line would look even scarier.

I've never been a fan of Turner and felt that even on his best days, his situational awareness is bad and that his instincts for attacking defenses and helping his players are lacking.  Calling seven step drops when the Eagles line is in a blood frenzy and you can see the **** and piss running down the legs of your makeshift offensive line is mind blowing. 

Agree this season.  In the past, I think he was decent -- not hot but not bad.  I explained why.  This season IMO he's been atrocious.  He's been handed toys with the Qb and the Wrs and seems to have no clue how to use them.  All the drop backs against the Eagles was embarassing.  As Cooley mentioned, Eagles playing with mostly 3 man fronts, just daring them to run and they still didn't do it -- they cued in on Turner's propensity early in the season to go play action on first down among other things.

Definitely agree about there being hubris in the approach to the OL that has come to a head and perhaps doomed our season.  Letting Scherff walk was a product of underestimating him and his value and the general market at his position, and it's nearly the exact same mistake we're making again with Payne.  We also overestimated the reliability of Chase Roullier and not getting a credible back up for him when his loss was the very thing that sunk our OL the year before is inexcusable.  I would hope we don't make the same mistake a third time next offseason.  But it also seems like we might reach a turning point in their performance soon where we can found the offense on a smashmouth wide zone system and get some kind of identity going, so the line still has a chance to improve.  But their failure has been the biggest reason why the team lost those four games and why the season go out of hand so fast.

I was one of the bigger fans here of Scherff.  But I don't have an issue with their approach with him.  Multiple beat guys said they offered him a contract that would make him the highest paid guard in the NFL and Scherff turned it down.  Even Mayhew who is typically calm in his press conferences snapped when was asked about Scherff -- he more or less implied we offered him big money, ask him why he said no.  If I recall it was Standig who said he heard he wanted out.  Scherff is a midwestner, chill, quiet dude -- guessing he was tired of all the drama.

Rouillier has been durable sans last season.  But now 2 seasons in a row with totally different injuries so am done with the dude now. 

As far as Payne, IMO this has been his breakthrough season.  He's been good IMO but not great in the past, this season he's been great.  I'll give Logan Paulsen among others props who said Payne looked like a different dude in camp this year -- fire in his eyes.  Some around camp think Payne is uber motivated because its a contract year.   Some take that as people taken shots at Payne -- I don't.  I don't care if that's a motivating factor if its so as long as it carries post resign. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

32 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I think the owners are waiting for the MJW report to be completed before they consider a vote. But I'm confused. The article says she is investigating allegations of sexual misconduct when I thought she was only investigating the financial impropriates allegations.  

She's looking at the direct sexual allegations against Dan, the alleged scene in the limo, on the plane.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I am not seeing teams daring us to run and suspect peeps here haven't seen much. We are pretty hardcore not miss a snap crew and we'd see posters noting it.

I am often one of the dudes posting clips I've not had time to do it yet this season.  Cooley has better things to do to than make things up.   He's much smarter about football than me and others here to say the least.  I was at that game but i didn't cue in on the Eagles D line. 

Even with the Bears game factored in we throw the 5th most in the NFL.  On first down we pass 60% of the time.  In the upper half of the leagye.  We passed more on first down in the first half of the season than the last 3 games but even in the last three we throw more than half the time on first down.

53 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

With Robinson finally back I think the game plan will change to a fiddy fiddy run pass split. You can still pass first get a lead the run out the clock after Ds adjust to stop the pass and get to 5050. If we can pass pro I want to see Wentz going deep. Maybe next year. On his next team. The Carolina Castoff Commanders season may be toast.

Clearly, its not lost on them to throw deep.  But the pass protection has been horrendous.  And their O line is better run blocking versus pass blocking.

Larsen seems to be an improvement at center versus Martin.  Guard play seems to have improved of late, Charles seems better than Turner and Norwell played well on Sunday.

I think they are throwing plenty enough.  This isn't Mahomes and the Chiefs even though Turner started the season acting like they were.  I know a more balanced offense is boring -- but I've seen enough that I don't love the idea of a 70-30% pass to run ratio.  I don't think Wentz is good enough to execute that -- ditto the pass protection. 

7 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

@Skinsinparadise  - After listening to Keim's podcast, it sounds like he has nothing to do with the Wentz is Dan's guy reporting. 

I haven't listened to it but will thanks for the heads up.  If he said that, it means something to me.  I trust Keim the most.  Standig the 2nd most but Standig is sometimes out of the loop. Keim for example was on Wentz being a possibility to be a traded here while Standig was caught by surprise by it.  

My sense is that they will transfer ownership to Tanya and have her be the face of the franchise.    Unlike Dan, she will do press conferences and interviews.

I've always said that Dan's biggest fault was his unwillingness and inability to speak.   I don't know if Tanya is a good communicator, but if she does take over, it's a must.

I know nobody wants that, but you have to be realistic.   If Tanya doesn't work out, then I can see the Owners forcing him out....maybe

Even with Wentz's issues the strength of this team is the downfield passing game with the three WRs, Gibson and McKissic being good receivers out of the backfield, and once he returns Thomas at TE(along with Turner who made a couple nice catches on Thursday).

The problem isn't passing too much. Its calling the wrong kind of passing plays.

Need more quick hitters. Slants, crossing routes, etc. We saw some jet sweeps to McLaurin which were nice too(guy just looks so fast and explosive with the ball in his hands, he's a different breed of athlete).

3 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

My sense is that they will transfer ownership to Tanya and have her be the face of the franchise.    Unlike Dan, she will do press conferences and interviews.

I've always said that Dan's biggest fault was his unwillingness and inability to speak.   I don't know if Tanya is a good communicator, but if she does take over, it's a must.

I know nobody wants that, but you have to be realistic.   If Tanya doesn't work out, then I can see the Owners forcing him out....maybe

As long as they remain married that literally wouldn't accomplish anything.

The Snyder name and family need to be completely expunged from this franchise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I haven't listened to it but will thanks for the heads up.  If he said that, it means something to me.  I trust Keim the most.  Standig the 2nd most but Standig is sometimes out of the loop. Keim for example was on Wentz being a possibility to be a traded here while Standig was caught by surprise by it.  

He interviewed Seth Wickersham.   Keim didn't say anything about Wentz really, but the sense I got was that he had nothing to do with any of the reporting in the story.

I also listened to Standig and others and all of them seem to believe that Wentz was Ron's guy and that he went to Dan and Dan supported it. 

2 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

They can still force the sell to his mother or sister...

AFAIK both still have parts of the team.

27 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

He interviewed Seth Wickersham.   Keim didn't say anything about Wentz really, but the sense I got was that he had nothing to do with any of the reporting in the story.

Listening to it now.  I am going to throw some stuff from that interview here.  It gives me more faith that something could go down with Dan at least so far is my impression in that interview.  Wickersham is a big reporter.  Over 30 sources for that story he explained.

In short, he does think there is a breaking point with Dan and the owners.  

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listening to it now.  I am going to throw some stuff from that interview here.  It gives me more faith that something could go down with Dan at least so far in that interview.  Wickersham is a big reporter.  Over 30 sources for that story he explained

Can that interview be posted so we can all listen?

55 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

She did an interview with Schefter soon after giving here the CO CEO title and it was just awful. Shes just like Dan.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Still doesn’t solve the stadium issue. No politician is standing next to a Snyder and giving them taxpayer money. 

Doesn’t matter who it is, the last name is what matters. 

-Edit-

The more I think about this the more obvious it is how important a winning year was for the team. Not just the rebranding but showing VA, MD and DC that they could field a winning team and bring value to an area. If this year really flames out they’ve blown the ability to show value to any location, the rebranding and adding a named QB couldn’t draw interest. 

That’s  a real bad look for a business. 

Edited by GoCommiesGo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

She did an interview with Schefter soon after giving here the CO CEO title and it was just awful. Shes just like Dan.

I don't think I've ever heard her speak.   She would obviously need some media training, but at least she looks classy and professional.   Plus I'm sure she knows the difference between Thanksgiving and New Years

12 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

I don't think I've ever heard her speak.   She would obviously need some media training, but at least she looks classy and professional.   Plus I'm sure she knows the difference between Thanksgiving and New Years

No the Snyders need to be removed entirely from the franchise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FLSkinz83 said:

You really are from hell.

And no, far from his biggest fault is his unwillingness to speak.  That’s like #747 on the list.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I'm just going out on a limb here, but giving the franchise over to Tanya could possibly be a blessing. Follow me here, if she was to gain ownership of the franchise (and effectively end Lil Napoleon's reign of terror), she could in turn sell the franchise. There wouldn't be a ****ing thing that the Imp could do about it.

More or less, Tanya would end up reaping the rewards of a sale...and possibly kick her sorry ass hubby to the curb penniless.

Happy happy, joy joy. Talk about epic.

Disclaimer: I have no idea if this is a possibility,  but I damned sure support it if it could be done.

HTTR!

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

You really are from hell.

And no, far from his biggest fault is his unwillingness to speak.  That’s like #747 on the list.

Obviously he has bigger faults as a human, but as it relates to this constant nonsense, life would have been much easier for him if he spoke a lot more often.   Instead he let the narrative be formed.  And now it's too late to change it.    

5 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Obviously he has bigger faults as a human, but as it relates to this constant nonsense, life would have been much easier for him if he spoke a lot more often.   Instead he let the narrative be formed.  And now it's too late to change it.    

There is nothing he could say to change the narrative.  The dude literally speaks through lawyers the moment he thinks there is an ounce of leverage in his favor.  You change the narrative via actions.

• Like 1