Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

Snyder being Snyder is hardly the surprising aspect of the report. I think the bigger ramifications are the fact that Dan may actually have some pretty scandalous dirt on other NFL owners which is why he keeps surviving all these situations where you'd assume anyone else would be gone by now.

This is why as much as I loathe Snyder as the owner, I also think the NFL brought this on themselves by trying to paint Snyder as a scapegoat for owners behaving badly, when in reality it is probably going on way beyond Snyder and this organization, but the NFL figured as long as they can paint the entirety of it at one individual who already had a somewhat bad reputation, it would take the heat off any other owners doing similar things.

The NFL would be justified in getting rid of Dan Snyder, I just don't like the false narrative that these kinds of actions & behaviors begin & end with Dan Snyder. 

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

It’s something I could never do either, but to me, if people feel like rooting for the team to lose to help build the case for him to go is the best thing for them, heck, I won’t bash anyone for it. 

Oh, make no mistake, I'm not bashing anyone.  I'm simply saying I, personally, can't go there.  I say this a lot, because I think some people can get the wrong impression.  I am no fan of Dan Snyder's ownership.  I am here for the team.  I would relish an ass whipping of the Bears tonight, regardless of Snyder's status.

McLaurin, Allen and the rest of the team can't help that Dan Snyder is the owner of this team.  They have to go out and try to focus on winning a Football game tonight.  I'm a fan of the team, so I will pull for them as best I can.  If Snyder is forced out I would be as happy as everyone else, but right now he is still the owner.   

2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Snyder being Snyder is hardly the surprising aspect of the report. I think the bigger ramifications are the fact that Dan may actually have some pretty scandalous dirt on other NFL owners which is why he keeps surviving all these situations where you'd assume anyone else would be gone by now.

This is why as much as I loathe Snyder as the owner, I also think the NFL brought this on themselves by trying to paint Snyder as a scapegoat for owners behaving badly, when in reality it is probably going on way beyond Snyder and this organization, but the NFL figured as long as they can paint the entirety of it at one individual who already had a somewhat bad reputation, it would take the heat off any other owners doing similar things.

The NFL would be justified in getting rid of Dan Snyder, I just don't like the false narrative that these kinds of actions & behaviors begin & end with Dan Snyder. 

We all know the other league owners aren't exactly angels. But I'm sure they are none too pleased to be surveilled by private investigators without their knowledge. This alone should cause enough outrage to remove Snyder.

1 minute ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Like I said, it's all about the money....

When asked whether his fellow owners would forgive Snyder for the team's financial woes and the toxic culture scandal if Snyder could build a new stadium, the owner quickly replied, "Yes."

I’ve not seen any arguments by anyone that the billionaire boys club that is NFL ownership are beacons of integrity and morals.

Of course it’s about money.  

We just dgaf what their reasons for removing him are.  Just remove him, so we can rejuvenate our fandom.

1 minute ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Not only are we playing tonight, but doing so on Amazon.    Hmmmmm.    People talk about Dan's shadow investigations, but this is an attempt at a shadow takeover.

I hope Bezos invites Snyder onto his rocket ship and sends him into deep space. I want overt Billionaire evil. The only way to combat one billionaire is with another. 

• Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I think the bigger ramifications are the fact that Dan may actually have some pretty scandalous dirt on other NFL owners which is why he keeps surviving all these situations where you'd assume anyone else would be gone by now.

I have been saying this for a long time.  If they oust Snyder, they can also become targets themselves.  They set precedent.  They have to decide that ousting Snyder is worth more long-term than the damage his scorched earth policy might cause.

One thing is for certain, and very clear now 20 plus years down the road.  They made a really bad decision back in 1999.  Imagine how things might have been if John Kent Cooke's group, or even Joe Gibbs group had been allowed to buy the team.

• Sad 2

8 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

I hope Bezos invites Snyder onto his rocket ship and sends him into deep space. I want overt Billionaire evil. The only way to combat one billionaire is with another. 

Exactly. I'll take Bezos easily over Snyder. He might also be an evil billionaire but at least he won't be an idiot. I'm confident he'd hire the right people and let them run things while he just writes checks and enjoys Lombardi victories.

7 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Coming to you live from Amazon Stadium here in lovely Bezos Maryland...

As long as the pipes aren't bursting with poop water and the railings aren't breaking I'll take it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

No disagreements, he's been awful, but I'm just trying to think how the NFL would likely think. Going through another rebrand would just create more confusion and likely turn off some in this dwindling fan base even more. Maybe I'm wrong. They've already gone through three identities rapid fire. Why not another at this point?

and not to rehash the name change arguments again, but the theoretical new owner would still have to face the same trademark problems that Snyder did.  There is a reason we ended up with Commanders.  Not because it was the best choice, but because they deemed it the best they could get.  

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He didn't write it but he was the beat guy source for the article, that's good enough for me.

ESPN researcher John Mastroberardino and reporter John Keim contributed to this report.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34778123/washington-commanders-owner-dan-snyder-claims-dirt-nfl-owners-roger-goodell

How do you know he contributed to the Wentz stuff?   

3 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Perhaps the NFL was playing the long game like Machiavelli on steroids in deciding to grant Dan a loan that went far beyond the mandated franchise debt limit.

Maybe they anticipated that being so highly leveraged, given the decreasing revenue of the team, might help force him out.

I think it was more that the league was shortsighted. They were so disgusted with Schar and the noise that he was causing that they wanted him out asap

6 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Not only are we playing tonight, but doing so on Amazon.    Hmmmmm.    People talk about Dan's shadow investigations, but this is an attempt at a shadow takeover.

Your conspiracy theory would hold more weight if this report was from the post.

1 minute ago, Commander PK said:

Not because it was the best choice, but because they deemed it the best they could get.  

The best they could get that was both cheap and fast.

That won’t be an issue for a new owner.

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Your conspiracy theory would hold more weight if this report was from the post.

The best they could get that was both cheap and fast.

That won’t be an issue for a new owner.

He has enough money to fund reporting from other outlets as well.    

If Dan had any stones, he would never sell to him under any circumstance.

Just now, FLSkinz83 said:

He has enough money to fund reporting from other outlets as well.    

If Dan had any stones, he would never sell to him under any circumstance.

I have a feeling that, if the other owners have their way, it won't be his call.