Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

3 hours ago, CobraCommander said:

I also would've accepted "Owner" instead of "Quarterback", but nobody besides me has the stones to say it in front of the press.

Seeing as how you haven’t said “owner” to the press yet (unless there’s a video you’re holding back from us), I’d say you don’t have the stones either :P 

wow, @skinsfan4128 has it out for me I guess…..I didn’t even say anything bad. I made a JOKE, which cobracommander took as such. But yes, “93” me, that’s classy……

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Thumb down 1

7 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

That said, this circumstance was a ‘foot in mouth’ moment.  Not just because he implied we have the worst QB in the division, but because he was also wrong——very wrong.  He stepped right into a pile of 💩 on his own, and the media actually helped him to try and save him from himself.  It was a bad look- win, lose or draw.

For 2 years hes preached that he needs to build a team to build a QB to plop one into. Well hes done that now but also wants to talk about how it takes a while to get the QB into that team and continue to build around him? He cant have it both ways and complain about the other simultaneously 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

There is a correct answer actually. It all falls on him. He is the one that put together these coaches, front office personnel and player personnel. The correct answer to why we are failing when others in the division are winning starts and stop with him. The correct answer should've have been, "it's all on me". But he chose Quarterback. Did Wentz bring Norwell and Turner here to play on the offensive line? He did not. 

The topic is nitpicky, and this is only a story because the town is insufferable and upset with losing. I'm legitimately amused at how we add distractions on top of distractions.

12 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I generally agree with this sentiment.  I’ve never been one to get real emotional about what a coach says.

That said, this circumstance was a ‘foot in mouth’ moment.  Not just because he implied we have the worst QB in the division, but because he was also wrong——very wrong.  He stepped right into a pile of 💩 on his own, and the media actually helped him to try and save him from himself.  It was a bad look- win, lose or draw.

I honestly didn't understand the answer enough to make a conclusion on what was meant. It was an awkward response that could be interpreted many ways.. so we will pick the absolute worst interpretation and run with it haha

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

I think the issues are more placed in January through May. The FO is and will always be the biggest problem until its done the correct way. 

I agree with this. I oversimplified by saying "football field," but what I meant was actual football decisions. That interview is the least of my concerns about this team. The drama around this interview is just another distraction. 

6 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

The topic is nitpicky, and this is only a story because the town is insufferable and upset with losing. I'm legitimately amused at how we add distractions on top of distractions.

I honestly didn't understand the answer enough to make a conclusion on what was meant. It was an awkward response that could be interpreted many ways.. so we will pick the absolute worst interpretation and run with it haha

I don't know man. He was asked a direct question and he answered it poingantly. 

It would be nitpicking if after 5 minutes of putting the blame on himself and his staff he mentioned the quarterback play. 

We end up with distractions like this because we don't hire the right people to do the right things. We all know where the buck stops. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

If we are real, there is no correct answer when we are losing. His comments are only being blown up like this because we are losing and everyone is looking for an outlet for the negativity we all feel. We do this same script all the time. The only right answer is winning. Otherwise this town will find something wrong with anything you say. The real issues are on the football field, but we are now over analyzing post game interviews. It's amusing to me at this point.

Disagree and I guess its a philosophy thing. If you are saying there is no answer he can give to that specific question that will make everyone happy, then yes and that's how life works. Only one team really gets to win in the end, and if you are not that team you have to figure out why and no one is super happy until you do. His comments are getting blown up because it was an exceptionally poor answer and if what was intended is what was said, then the man leading this team is not good enough for the job. 

Its obvious the media and the fans here are an issue. I'm very aware of that and I have for some time thought that was something we have here that most areas don't. The constant negativity is a problem for the players and the coaches and I really believe that. I'm less critical of his media performance than I am of his leadership, though. I expected him to struggle with the media here. They all do. And even he will tell you he doesn't like to talk to them. 

There are issues with leadership on and especially off the field, though. You are not being serious if you cannot admit that. And that is where I fault him. I mean, casual fans can give you a list of examples at this point so I wont unless you really need me to. He is the unquestioned leader of this team. He picks the players and he picks the coaches. If he cannot give honest self reflection about what separates him from his competition after three years, then he is the wrong guy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Disagree and I guess its a philosophy thing. If you are saying there is no answer he can give to that specific question that will make everyone happy, then yes and that's how life works. Only one team really gets to win in the end, and if you are not that team you have to figure out why and no one is super happy until you do. His comments are getting blown up because it was an exceptionally poor answer and if what was intended is what was said, then the man leading this team is not good enough for the job. 

And this is undoubtedly why Belichick gives those grudging single-word answers at his press conferences. Most of the possible outcomes are bad, so why risk it?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Its obvious the media and the fans here are an issue. I'm very aware of that and I have for some time thought that was something we have here that most areas don't. The constant negativity is a problem for the players and the coaches and I really believe that. I'm less critical of his media performance than I am of his leadership, though. I expected him to struggle with the media here. They all do. And even he will tell you he doesn't like to talk to them. 

There are issues with leadership on and especially off the field, though. You are not being serious if you cannot admit that. And that is where I fault him. I mean, casual fans can give you a list of examples at this point so I wont unless you really need me to. He is the unquestioned leader of this team. He picks the players and he picks the coaches. If he cannot give honest self reflection about what separates him from his competition after three years, then he is the wrong guy. 

What you're saying in the last paragraph is what I'm *trying* to say. We can absolutely fault Rivera on football related topics. This really only becomes a distraction from that. I, for one, want reporters asking the coaches why 5 WRs were all running routes inside the tackle box during the final drive, but we are here nitpicking a response there was no correct answer to, that has no effect on football games at all. It just adds another layer of dysfunction.

22 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

I don't know man. He was asked a direct question and he answered it poingantly. 

It would be nitpicking if after 5 minutes of putting the blame on himself and his staff he mentioned the quarterback play. 

We end up with distractions like this because we don't hire the right people to do the right things. We all know where the buck stops. 

If he answers that question however you or everyone else wanted, we still suck. That's why it's nitpicky. It doesn't help us. Some of the best coaches in the league give crap answers intentionally because it doesn't actually matter. 

8 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

What you're saying in the last paragraph is what I'm *trying* to say. We can absolutely fault Rivera on football related topics. This really only becomes a distraction from that. I, for one, want reporters asking the coaches why 5 WRs were all running routes inside the tackle box during the final drive, but we are here nitpicking a response there was no correct answer to, that has no effect on football games at all. It just adds another layer of dysfunction.

If he answers that question however you or everyone else wanted, we still suck. That's why it's nitpicky. It doesn't help us. Some of the best coaches in the league give crap answers intentionally because it doesn't actually matter. 

Usually he does give crap answers, that's what is so perplexing. The only time he gives a direct answer and he is ends up throwing his qb under the bus. It's off brand for him tbh. 

4 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

I guess. I don't see it as nitpicky at all honestly. Its a distraction, sure. That's why I log in here though lol

There was a correct answer to the question though and that's what bothers me. What Ron was trying to say was that he hasn't had a chance to build his team around a good quarterback, and that's what makes his team preform worse than the others who have. I think its a fair question, honestly. Its not often you get to ask the GM and the Head Coach after a loss why their team is bad and get the same answer from both of them. And that's what we got. The Architect of this team is telling you that the problem isn't coaching....its not the players.....its that they haven't been able to build around the QB of their dreams yet. And the Coach is agreeing with that statement. 

And that's the wrong answer. The problem isn't that he said "quarterback" the problem is that he really believes that's all that's wrong with this team. And he has said it multiple times now honestly. This time it got attention because he said it the most stupid way possible. 

Its fine we don't agree here btw. I don't really think you are wrong. I just don't agree that its nothing. I think its a sign he doesn't know what's wrong and is hoping a QB will fix it. 

12 minutes ago, profusion said:

And this is undoubtedly why Belichick gives those grudging single-word answers at his press conferences. Most of the possible outcomes are bad, so why risk it?

Yep. He's smart for that. I never understood why our coaches feel like they need to address some of the silly things they get. I would be very boring. 

4 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Usually he does give crap answers, that's what is so perplexing. The only time he gives a direct answer and he is ends up throwing his qb under the bus. It's off brand for him tbh. 

I think the pressure is getting to him now. This always happens. I remember when the wheels came off of the Shanny bus. The only guy who really didnt seem to give a **** was Gruden 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CobraCommander said:

The stress of the nonstop distractions about the team, the owner, the name change, and everything else in DC, combined with the pressure from losing- it's weighing on him. While I do respect him as a man, he does deserve the some of the growing heat for his coaching and team management. I have already said I'm on board with him getting "promoted" to a FO position. 

I think Ron is open at his press conferences because he was with the media in Carolina and had a great relationship with them. Remember that he did a special press conference with them after he got fired from there. His thinking was that he would use the same strategy here of getting buddy buddy with the media. It backfired this time but you can tell that those relationships have been built with a lot of the key members because they generally don't grill him (Michael Phillips seems to be the only guy who does in the media corps)

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

5 hours ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

Ron Rivera in the league as a HC:

2011, 6 - 10 Losing season

2012, 7 - 9 Losing season

2013, 12 - 4 Winning season

2014, 7 - 8 - 1 Losing season

2015, 15 - 1 Winning season

2016, 6 - 10 Losing season

2017, 11 - 5 Winning season

2018, 7 - 9 Losing season

2019, 5 - 11 Losing Season

2020, 7 - 9 Losing Season

2021, 7 - 10 Losing Season

2022, 1 - 4 Currently Losing season

Trending towards his 9th Losing season out of 12, genuinely staggering

Hardly a guy that gets results, and history would suggest he will take us out of QB contention in the draft too

We got Jeff Fisher 2 0.  

It was astounding to me when they hired him that folks thought he was gonna be successful.  

2 hours ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Just heard on sports radio that Ron's buyout by the end of this year is possibly in the $14 million dollar range.  If that is true I bet the Danny will keep him around next year.

Snyder buying out fired coaches is pretty routine though.  Never stopped him before.

Edited by justice98
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, justice98 said:

We got Jeff Fisher 2 0.  

It was astounding to me when they hired him that folks thought he was gonna be successful.  

Snyder buying out fired coaches is pretty routine though.  Never stopped him before.

But now there are major questions about Dan's liquidity 

17 minutes ago, justice98 said:

We got Jeff Fisher 2 0.  

Jeff Fisher 7.9, actually.

Thank you, I'll be here all week. 🥱

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, method man said:

I think Ron is open at his press conferences because he was with the media in Carolina and had a great relationship with them. Remember that he did a special press conference with them after he got fired from there. His thinking was that he would use the same strategy here of getting buddy buddy with the media. It backfired this time but you can tell that those relationships have been built with a lot of the key members because they generally don't grill him (Michael Phillips seems to be the only guy who does in the media corps)

Right. You’ve got JP and Keim extrapolating what he meant in the same tweet where they report it, as if to cut off any criticism before it can be laid out. He’s clearly got some allies in the local media, and he was even asked some really helpful leading questions to save him from his “QB” comment. That’s why it’s funny he’s blaming this on the media “jumping on any mistake you make”. Like, buddy, it would have been way worse if this went national without anyone asking any friendly follow-ups right afterward. 

4 hours ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

Then why did he pause for an eternity after saying quarterback? Just doesn't make much sense to me.

Yeah, the dead silence followed by the reporters breaking it to try to do his damage control for him was unbelievable. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it in Washington.

• Like 1