Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

Ron Rivera in the league as a HC:

2011, 6 - 10 Losing season

2012, 7 - 9 Losing season

2013, 12 - 4 Winning season

2014, 7 - 8 - 1 Losing season

2015, 15 - 1 Winning season

2016, 6 - 10 Losing season

2017, 11 - 5 Winning season

2018, 7 - 9 Losing season

2019, 5 - 11 Losing Season

2020, 7 - 9 Losing Season

2021, 7 - 10 Losing Season

2022, 1 - 4 Currently Losing season

Trending towards his 9th Losing season out of 12, genuinely staggering

Hardly a guy that gets results, and history would suggest he will take us out of QB contention in the draft too

Edited by BrentMeisterGeneral
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 3

1 hour ago, Wyvern said:

I didn't get the sense that Riviera was criticizing Wentz as a quarterback. I think he was pointing out that those other rebuilding NFC East teams had more stability at the quarterback position to build around as they developed their offenses -- at least more than  Washington during the same period

His point was the other teams could develop their quarterback into their systems; meanwhile Washington had to try to work with a  rotating door of QBs ...from all the Smith replacements, to Haskins, Allen, and Heinicke, then to Fitzpatrick, Heinicke, Allen, Gilbert, and finally to Wentz.  As you know,  he determined that many of those QBs of the previous two years wouldn't really work out -- so essentially the development of Washington's franchise QB had to be restarted each year.  And that had implications for developing the offense too.

It's not a great argument, but it has some validity.  Anyhow, I got the sense that Rivera seems to think (or maybe just hopeful?) that he finally has a quarterback with the physical tools to play the position at the level Rivera/Turner feels is needed for Washington to be successful. -- but that they need time for everything to start to click.

I heard that Mark Sanchez guy wasn't available right now so what is Josh Johnson up to today?

1 minute ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

Its pretty much worse than picking high up, you know if a top 3 pick really hits then your in business, how often has a 13 - 19 picked really hit hard, it'll be the third or fourth Tackle on the board and we go again for another season of mediocrity 

A season of mediocrity would be a step up at this point.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

He's done. Even if they took that 'My bad' moment and moved on, the CORRECT answer to the question of why the other teams are ahead of him right now is that the teams are constructed better. And who put this team together? He did. So the problem is him, and if he doesn't know that, then he is done. 

The correct answer as a coach is ALWAYS 'It my fault' and in this case it is literally all on him. He is the GM and the Coach.....and he used the QB as an easy out. He does that a lot. Injuries, QB....he always uses them as his excuse and good leaders dont make excuses like that. dude is done here. He just doesn't know it yet. 

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

The fact he's pointing to Cooper Rush, Daniel Jones and Jalen Hurts as an excuse for Carson is actually much more hilarious than I had initially realised

He actually wants us to believe this is the AFC West, how dumb does he think we are

He cant deal with the media. I dont know what he thought he was getting into here, but he wasnt prepared for the media here and i think just says whatever dumb excuse comes to his mind. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

The fact he's pointing to Cooper Rush, Daniel Jones and Jalen Hurts as an excuse for Carson is actually much more hilarious than I had initially realised

He actually wants us to believe this is the AFC West, how dumb does he think we are

Well, the sequence of statements is great. 

"What makes the other divisional teams better?"

"Quarterback."

"Hmm, so just to be clear, uh, Cooper Rush. Cooper Rush? "

"Oh, well HE is a guy who fits their system."

I mean, the excuse machine is so broken it is just spewing nonsense. The "system" doesn't require a specific QB, that is "the system" - it is called a "winning system" when you consider the factors at play in the NFL, overpaid QBs, teams that are hard to construct. You have to have a combination of a few factors to be in Super Bowl conversations:

- flexible scheme to accommodate for different players

- players who are good values

If you have those two factors, you can be a perennial winner. The way the structure is set, you cannot count on contract shenanigans to carry you. You can't get 1-year rentals and think you will renew them if they perform (especially at QB), because they will eat too much of your salary cap. The decision making of the Commanders COMPLETELY LACKS visibility on the importance of those two factors. They do the exact opposite:

- search idiotically for magical fits that will make an inane offensive scheme suddenly look great; one that has never had success yet, despite getting multiple years (cue excuse machine; but, but, the personnel didn't match!)

- let "good value" players (maybe not the most talented you have, mind you) walk

Just to be clear, I think the Cowboys team is extremely overrated; they are far from one of the elite teams in the league. I don't necessarily think they win that game without help from the refs, but I think it's possible they do. However, Ron Rivera right now looks much worse than McCarthy, and that is pretty pathetic. It is of his own doing though, because he took the reins of this team and has driven it to the trash heap.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Just heard on sports radio that Ron's buyout by the end of this year is possibly in the $14 million dollar range.  If that is true I bet the Danny will keep him around next year.

Oh he's def going to let the building burn down around him. He's a valuable distraction for him at this point. Everyone talking about why the Commanders look like the Skins and not why the owner is still allowed to be the owner. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Just heard on sports radio that Ron's buyout by the end of this year is possibly in the $14 million dollar range.  If that is true I bet the Danny will keep him around next year.

It is. Coaching contracts are guaranteed. Ron is rumored to make $7m a year and he signed a 5 year contract. The total severance you are likely looking at in total for Ron and his staff is likely in the $20M-$25M range

10 minutes ago, method man said:

It is. Coaching contracts are guaranteed. Ron is rumored to make $7m a year and he signed a 5 year contract. The total severance you are likely looking at in total for Ron and his staff is likely in the $20M-$25M range

And Ron is going to mortgage the future to save one more year because he'll have to save his job. 

Keeping him is the worst thing this franchise can do. Ive been calling this exact scenario for 2 years. Its going to set this franchise back years 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

He's done. Even if they took that 'My bad' moment and moved on, the CORRECT answer to the question of why the other teams are ahead of him right now is that the teams are constructed better. And who put this team together? He did. So the problem is him, and if he doesn't know that, then he is done. 

The correct answer as a coach is ALWAYS 'It my fault' and in this case it is literally all on him. He is the GM and the Coach.....and he used the QB as an easy out. He does that a lot. Injuries, QB....he always uses them as his excuse and good leaders dont make excuses like that. dude is done here. He just doesn't know it yet. 

If we are real, there is no correct answer when we are losing. His comments are only being blown up like this because we are losing and everyone is looking for an outlet for the negativity we all feel. We do this same script all the time. The only right answer is winning. Otherwise this town will find something wrong with anything you say. The real issues are on the football field, but we are now over analyzing post game interviews. It's amusing to me at this point.

4 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

If we are real, there is no correct answer when we are losing. His comments are only being blown up like this because we are losing and everyone is looking for an outlet for the negativity we all feel. We do this same script all the time. The only right answer is winning. Otherwise this town will find something wrong with anything you say. The real issues are on the football field, but we are now over analyzing post game interviews. It's amusing to me at this point.

There is a correct answer actually. It all falls on him. He is the one that put together these coaches, front office personnel and player personnel. The correct answer to why we are failing when others in the division are winning starts and stop with him. The correct answer should've have been, "it's all on me". But he chose Quarterback. Did Wentz bring Norwell and Turner here to play on the offensive line? He did not. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

I generally agree with this sentiment.  I’ve never been one to get real emotional about what a coach says.

That said, this circumstance was a ‘foot in mouth’ moment.  Not just because he implied we have the worst QB in the division, but because he was also wrong——very wrong.  He stepped right into a pile of 💩 on his own, and the media actually helped him to try and save him from himself.  It was a bad look- win, lose or draw.