Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

I thnk best case scenario is some prospective owner overpays, 7 billion or whatever.

The three things I get the impression that works against Dan selling is:

A.  He loves the perks of being an owner -- makes him relevant

B.  Wants to pass it on to his son

C.  Hates the idea of going out in infamy and someone new redeems the franchise

But if the team sinks this season in a critical rebranding season in the middle of a stadium quest -- maybe he thinks screw all of that if someone overpays for the team

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I thnk best case scenario is some prospective owner overpays, 7 billion or whatever.

The three things I get the impression that works against Dan selling is:

A.  He loves the perks of being an owner -- makes him relevant

B.  Wants to pass it on to his son

C.  Hates the idea of going out in infamy and someone new redeems the franchise

But if the team sinks this season in a critical rebranding season in the middle of a stadium quest -- maybe he thinks screw all of that if someone overpays for the team

Knowing what I know about sociopaths  I suspect that option "C" is what he fears most.

The last thing he wants after 3 decades of ineptness is a new owner coming in on a white horse, turning the team into a winner, and being beloved as the great redeemer of our franchise. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Knowing what I know about sociopaths  I suspect that option "C" is what he fears most.

The last thing he wants after 3 decades of ineptness is a new owner coming in on a white horse, turning the team into a winner, and being beloved as the great redeemer of our franchise. 

Agree.  He wants to be vindicated not the opposite.

That's why I think an overpay might be the one tonic -- an extra billion dollars or two that he didn't expect might make that pain go away? 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I don’t know that there is a chance for someone willing to overpay by quite a lot. This team needs a total rehaul from top to bottom including a rebrand and fixing and building a new stadium.

If anyone buys this team, they will have to have tons of money to throw into the team on top of buying it. That’s asking a lot.

I shudder to think if he handed down to his son. This team will be a bottom feeder for the rest of our lives.

Edited by Fan since a Fetus

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

It wasn’t your post lol it was Fan since a Fetus. 

Ok, funny enough, assumed it was me.

I type so fast and post often without editing -- and then sometimes I'll reread those posts and edit later.  So I've had my share of saying things that are off and then often I later correct. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

This just made me depressed. 

• Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Haha, you caught it while I was editing 

Also, I don't know enough about his family life to know if he has multiple children. I hope not.

2 daughters (both VERY attractive, but that’s irrelevant) and only the 1 son (plays as a TE at some college……was discussed on here back in June)

• Thumb up 1

Watching people flock like pigeons because someone is throwing out stale crumbs of "this will get Dan fired" tweets is both funny and sad. We've learned how to abandon hope for a season after 4 games, but still haven't learned how to abandon hope for a Dan destroying scandal after 2 years of being teased with empty promises.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Sad 2

14 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Watching people flock like pigeons because someone is throwing out stale crumbs of "this will get Dan fired" tweets is both funny and sad. We've learned how to abandon hope for a season after 4 games, but still haven't learned how to abandon hope for a Dan destroying scandal after 2 years of being teased with empty promises.

Eh, I think it’s only been “empty promises” on the Snyder stuff if you look at it in a rigid, binary way. “Today he is the owner, it doesn’t matter to me unless he isn’t tomorrow”. That’s fair but I think it’s much more of a sliding scale, maybe more of a thermometer. And his position feels a lot warmer and under fire now than it did even a couple years ago. If you don’t believe that tons of smaller incidents and shifts in public/media/NFL opinion and perception can change anything, that’s understandable. People made similar comments about the impossibility of a name change until the social environment, national attention, and big money holders created a situation that was ripe for change…and all of a sudden it just…happened. 

So yeah, to me it feels more ripe now for a steady, exhausting stream of scandals to matter than it did in the past, and people are paying attention in a way they weren’t before. The ground under his feet feels unsteady now in a way that it never did before. And who knows, maybe eventually there’s a true smoking gun (though I wouldn’t bet on it, would be too good to be true). 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I don’t know that there is a chance for someone willing to overpay by quite a lot. This team needs a total rehaul from top to bottom including a rebrand and fixing and building a new stadium.

If anyone buys this team, they will have to have tons of money to throw into the team on top of buying it. That’s asking a lot.

I shudder to think if he handed down to his son. This team will be a bottom feeder for the rest of our lives.

Jeff Bezos have been rumored to want to own a team for awhile. 

Edited by No Nonsense
  • Thumb up 2