Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

3 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

And everybody jokes about Jeff Fisher. :ols:

Put Ron in the USFL and Fisher in DC and is there really much of a difference? Hell, Fisher might bring in Gregg Williams, who might be just as washed up as Del Taco. He might even do some similar dumb **** like go for 2 whenever you don't even need to.

Don’t you DARE even joke about Jeff fisher coming to DC…..knowing Snyder, he might just actually try that next!! 

27 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Is it possible for this team to get a super bowl before I turn 40 which is 5 years from now....id like to be somewhat young to experience a super bowl.

A less unrealistic dream will be to see one before you die happily of old age/ bj at 99. 

That's my dream, anyway. And we are the same age lol

58 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Is it possible for this team to get a super bowl before I turn 40 which is 5 years from now....id like to be somewhat young to experience a super bowl.

No, unless Dan sells the team.

I was 14 when we won SB17. 19 when we won SB 22. 23 when we won SB 26.

I expect never to have that joy in my remaining lifetime and I turn 54 in 2 weeks.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I expect never to have that joy in my remaining lifetime and I turn 54 in 2 weeks.

I used to think your constant negativity was annoying. 

now? I think it’s SPOT-ON, unfortunately :( 

it sucks too cause a few years ago I bought a very expensive bottle of alcohol, making a promise to myself that I’ll save it for when we win the super bowl eventually. I’ve come to the harsh reality that I won’t get to enjoy that bottle…..thanks, Dan……….

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

7 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

it sucks too cause a few years ago I bought a very expensive bottle of alcohol, making a promise to myself that I’ll save it for when we win the super bowl eventually. I’ve come to the harsh reality that I won’t get to enjoy that bottle…..

Dude, start drinking that bad boy.....and invite me to help you!

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I hear you. I grew up with a SB in Elem School 1 in Jr. High, and 1 in High School. Went to college thinking that's just how they do it. Every 5 years or so. LOL.

2 hours ago, skinzplay said:

No more unspoken themes of building culture and winning being mutually exclusive. KDawg is right, we do have some real talent deficits. But I've expected more from this coaching staff. Will Mike McDaniel have more wins than RR, and will his team be better prepared over the course of the season? I fear the answer will be yes, though I hope like hell, of course, it won't be the case.

There might be talent deficits, but in year 3, Rivera is responsible for the roster from top to bottom. It's his (on-field) culture by now and his roster. He gets credit for the good moves (Dotson, Wentz, etc.) and he has to take the blame for the bad moves as well (defense). 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

There might be talent deficits, but in year 3, Rivera is responsible for the roster from top to bottom. It's his (on-field) culture by now and his roster. He gets credit for the good moves (Dotson, Wentz, etc.) and he has to take the blame for the bad moves as well (defense). 

Like I wanna defend the guy, but then you have the Eagles turning things around majorly in a couple years. The Giants are 2-0.  The Bengals were 32nd in the league when we were 31st and they were in the GD Super Bowl last year.

Ugh.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

33 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

I hear you. I grew up with a SB in Elem School 1 in Jr. High, and 1 in High School. Went to college thinking that's just how they do it. Every 5 years or so. LOL.

I was 3 when we won 22, it's my first memory.  I was 6 when we won 26.  I thought that this is how it worked, we were the best even if Tecmo Bowl didn't know that.

And we're bad forever and now my son is 7 and daughter is 5 and I'm still saying "It'll get better"

**** you, Dan. 

7 minutes ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

**** me, thanks for enlightening us Ronald

I mean, you know they make him do press conferences right? They probably asked him "Hey Ron, what do you think was the biggest problem you had on defense yesterday?" or some **** like that lol 

edit i guess that was a joke. Well **** 

Edited by Llevron

4 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I mean, you know they make him do press conferences right? They probably asked him "Hey Ron, what do you think was the biggest problem you had on defense yesterday?" or some **** like that lol 

Did you hear the dude ask Kevin Durant why they call him KD last year??? Same people haha

Bit of a balls up on my part, but have updated that post

I understand coach speak and that you can't disclose everything to the media and fans for good reason but what's getting under my skin is Ron's arrogance.

The first step in solving a problem is admitting that you have one.

Telling us everything will be alright and acting as if you have a firm grip on the situation sounds great but doesn't seem to be reality.

I like Ron as a person but as a coach he hasn't shown much yet and his schtick is wearing thin.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

I was a sophomore in high school the last Super Bowl we won. My entire childhood we were good. I thought that is how things were for the Skins. I am now a grandfather of 4 (a young grandfather lol) and we haven't even been back to the NFC title game since that 91 season. I blame it on my kids. Ever since they came around we've been bad and yes they are fans as well LOL.

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I used to think your constant negativity was annoying. 

now? I think it’s SPOT-ON, unfortunately :( 

it sucks too cause a few years ago I bought a very expensive bottle of alcohol, making a promise to myself that I’ll save it for when we win the super bowl eventually. I’ve come to the harsh reality that I won’t get to enjoy that bottle…..thanks, Dan……….

23 years of evidence.

When u expect something from this team; they let u down. Our playoff appearances under Dan after 1999- his first year; we had to go on a run to get in. Even during Gibbs.

• Like 2

I just watched the Rivera presser....what a joke...

1)  talking about six explosive plays.  Like if those 6 plays didn't happen it would have been a good performance.   so instead of going 50 on one play, the Lions would have gone 50 on 5 plays.    Bad defensive teams give up explosive plays

2)  He was talking about having a lot of young players on defense.   Sorry, but it's year 3.  You chose not to add veteran depth.

3)  He sounded arrogant and like someone who doesn't really care.   It's almost like he wants to get fired.

4) Eating during the presser bugged me.

There was more, but I'm deflated.   I don't see any changes coming.    Would be glad to admit I'm wrong.

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

I just watched the Rivera presser....what a joke...

1)  talking about six explosive plays.  Like if those 6 plays didn't happen it would have been a good performance.   so instead of going 50 on one play, the Lions would have gone 50 on 5 plays.    Bad defensive teams give up explosive plays

2)  He was talking about having a lot of young players on defense.   Sorry, but it's year 3.  You chose not to add veteran depth.

3)  He sounded arrogant and like someone who doesn't really care.   It's almost like he wants to get fired.

4) Eating during the presser bugged me.

There was more, but I'm deflated.   I don't see any changes coming.    Would be glad to admit I'm wrong.

Rivera has officially moved into Norv / Shanahan territory: ridiculously arrogant and refuses to admit what they do doesn't, in fact, work, and that he may in fact not have all the answers. 

He also has made some seriously stupid comments in his last two pressers:

- No problems with Dax M.   Really, coach??

- He was picking on Jamin Davis again, though Jamin was about the only one on defense that had an adequate showing.  Nothing about how trash Holcomb has been through two games, Jackson being yet another expensive CB bust for us, safeties being garbage, especially McCain.   Sweat being a no-show.  Zip.  

- Then, he goes on to reply he's not worried about the run defense.  Are you freaking serious?  

Year 3 = 0 excuses when you have your entire handprints on the roster.  He's got everything he wants, including the easiest schedule in football.  

It's not gonna happen, folks.  Ron's regime ain't gonna get it.  He's not a good enough coach and he's surely not good enough to have the level of power he does.  If you're looking for anything other than a miracle Wildcard appearance and quick exit - IF EVEN THAT, you better find another team to root for.  And Dan's not gonna touch him.  Can't afford to.  

Ladies and Gents, we've found our Marvin Lewis.   Ron's here until HE decides to retire.  

Edited by Redwards
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I for one, am surprised, that Ron hasn’t provided a detailed action plan to the press about how he’s aggressively working to solve the defenses problems.  If only he did that, I would like him.

But he did take action....he fired Sam Mills. Oh wait...so Sam is gone but the D problems remain? Ron sure fixed the problem. Maybe Ron is the only one who couldn't see what everyone else has known has been the real problem for the past 2+ years. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2022/08/17/jack-del-rio-commanders/

<<...In two years, the Washington Commanders’ defense went from the top of the NFL’s ranks in most categories to near the bottom, prompting defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio to come to camp last month with a new message....

....Del Rio’s defense has undergone significant change since he took the coordinator job in Washington in 2020. The secondary has been overhauled twice and tweaked again this offseason. The linebacking corps has been remade — and rearranged — and the defensive line has lost key veterans and recently underwent a coaching change. Del Rio has even altered the scheme to adapt to personnel<<

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2022/09/18/commanders-defense-lions/

>>...In this case, “all” includes Del Rio, in his third year on the job. The No. 1 Commanders character who faced something of a referendum on his career coming into this season had to be quarterback Carson Wentz because he was on his third team in three years, with questions about his leadership and decision-making following him into town. But there’s a solid argument — and it’s the belief here — that the figure facing the next most scrutiny in Washington is Del Rio....<<