Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

21 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've responded to this specific point many times on this thread.  In short, its a different scene.

Ron didn't take the job after or even in the midst of the bad culture reaching epic levels of national scrutiny -- sexual harassment-Congressional inquiry.  He came pre that.

He's even said multiple times including this year, its always something new that hits this franchise, he expects the next shoe to drop.  When he said it it didn't come off like a dude who thinks its amusing.   I really doubt it that he would have taken this job if that was his perception from the jump.

Yes Dan has been a douche forever.  Unfortunately for Ron, it looks like Gibbs vouched for Dan.   But the sexual harassmanet law suits, Congressional investigations, etc happened AFTER Ron took the job.

As bad as 2019 Dan was.  He reached Freddy Krueger level bad after that when this team became a national headline in ways that took the dyfunction and sleaze narrative to new sad heights.  

So no I don't think that the perception of this job in 2023 is the same as 2019.  Don't get me wrong, 2019 wasn't hot at all, but now its at a new level.  And my larger point is if Dan fires arguably one of the pillars of integrity and class in the NFL -- I don't think it will go over well in the league.  When you factor that and the other pile of crap that you inherit with this team -- bad owner, awful facilities, bad stadium, bleeding fan base -- this job has become IMO incrementally worse over time. 

Maybe, maybe not.

I don’t think for a second Ron is amused by any of it, and I don’t think I implied that at all. 

I don’t interpret Ron’s frustrations in the same way though. I think he knows exactly what he signed up for when he got the job. Maybe not the sexual harassment case, but let’s be real, he was taking over a crumbling franchise back in 2019 with videos of jay gruden coming out smoking cigs with chicks on the street outside of a bar. There were tons of rumors back then swirling about the cheerleader stuff, how prominent alcohol was at the facility, Dan mingling and befriending the guy in charge of personnel. Ron isn’t a dumb guy, I don’t think he took the job thinking he was working for the best owner in sports that had everything figured out as a franchise, in fact quite the opposite. I think he was willing to deal with that in exchange for absolute control over everything related to the football side of the house. Something he probably wouldn’t have gotten anywhere else.

No, I think Ron is extremely frustrated that he and Wright and a host of others are trying to put their best foot forward and change the culture. But that’s really hard to do when there constant digging into the past to take Snyder down at every which turn which has nothing to do with the current state of affairs and what they are trying to accomplish.

Thats just my take on his frustration when he talks about waiting for other shoe to drop. I think the one thing he underestimated was just how damaged and fractured the fan base really was and people weren’t going to let go of their perpetual dream to remove Dan as owner, instead of building excitement around a young up and coming team. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CommanderCarson said:

Maybe, maybe not.

I don’t think for a second Ron is amused by any of it, and I don’t think I implied that at all. 

I don’t interpret Ron’s frustrations in the same way though. I think he knows exactly what he signed up for when he got the job. Maybe not the sexual harassment case, but let’s be real, he was taking over a crumbling franchise back in 2019 with videos of jay gruden coming out smoking cigs with chicks on the street outside of a bar. There were tons of rumors back then swirling about the cheerleader stuff, how prominent alcohol was at the facility, Dan mingling and befriending the guy in charge of personnel. Ron isn’t a dumb guy, I don’t think he took the job thinking he was working for the best owner in sports that had everything figured out as a franchise, in fact quite the opposite. I think he was willing to deal with that in exchange for absolute control over everything related to the football side of the house. Something he probably wouldn’t have gotten anywhere else.

No, I think Ron is extremely frustrated that he and Wright and a host of others are trying to put their best foot forward and change the culture. But that’s really hard to do when there constant digging into the past to take Snyder down at every which turn which has nothing to do with the current state of affairs and what they are trying to accomplish.

Thats just my take on his frustration when he talks about waiting for other shoe to drop. I think the one thing he underestimated was just how damaged and fractured the fan base really was and people weren’t going to let go of their perpetual dream to remove Dan as owner, instead of building excitement around a young up and coming team. 

I'll summarize it this way.

When he took the job.

A.  He thought all of this if anything would boil over and get worse if he took the job before it got better

Or

B.  He thought the worst was already evident.  And it would improve once he took over.

I get the distinct impression that Ron thought B not A.     The cheerleader story was already old news at that point and that story didn't have much legs to it as far as it taking off.  You could explain it as a one off at the time.    I put as much media reports on this board as anyone -- and i don't recall any indication when Ron took the job as to wait until the crap really hits the fan, we've seen nothing yet.  2 sexual harassment investigations from the league.  20 plus women would speak out.  Dan himself would be implicated.  Congress would investigate.  I don't see how anyone had a wiff of this being in the offing when Ron took the job. 

I recall actually feeling good when Ron took the job.  Bruce is gone.  Dan is a douche.  But maybe the narrative of dysfunction would quiet down.  I didn't think it would be we haven't seen anything yet -- we'd reach much bigger lows in recent years.  I don't recall anyone on this thread saying wait until the crap really hits the fan.

As to your point about the fans.  I think the last 2 years were death blow bad for Dan.  It was one thing that he was known as a major douche and liked to interfere.  But to take that up a notch futher with the sexual harassement suits and Dan himself implicated in it -- made the sleaze much more intense.  Plus while people like us are aware of everything.  The ordinary fan doesn't live and die with information about this team-owner. 

The dysfunction about this team went global in a bigger way than ever before -- we got a lot of national attention for all the wrong reasons.    Heck one of my kids who doesn't follow the game, all of a sudden knows who Dan is and not for good reasons.  I mentioned this before one of my clients saw my Washington logo on my business chair (I since got rid of it for different reasons) on a zoom call and give me an earful about Dan and asked me how can I root for that team.

In short, yes I do think the sexual harassment suits and Congressional investigations added some serious issues to the pile versus it just blending in with the old.  And I seriously doubt Ron felt it coming.  I am not saying you said Ron is amused by it -- my point is I've heard Ron talk about how there always seems to be a new thing that comes up to snap their good will momentum -- and the way he said it, it comes off to me that he's exhausted and worn down by it, versus it being something he expected from the jump. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thumb up 1

43 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

That’s the welcome home luncheon I believe. But…….what…….in the blue…….****……..is going on in that video 😂😂

It's an auction of some type.  The woman is actually a pretty good auctioneer.  Fred Smoot is Fred Smoot.  What they are auctioning off, I couldn't tell you, but it looked like some jersey or something.  

8 hours ago, Zim489 said:

This is what I would guess is best case scenario in the short term. I dont have faith in Ron picking a good GM though. The martys and polian arent good. Stokes is just another Carolina haulover. Get some one from a good organization. 

Ron may not be that great, but I’ll take Ron picking the Gm over Dan.

Ron has done one good thing, improve the toxic culture. Bumping him to team president and let him still have the authority to pick key people; would be better than Dan having full control. Picking the next Vinny/ Bruce and Jim Zorn.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'll summarize it this way.

When he took the job.

A.  He thought all of this if anything would boil over and get worse if he took the job before it got better

Or

B.  He thought the worst was already evident.  And it would improve once he took over.

I get the distinct impression that Ron thought B not A.     The cheerleader story was already old news at that point and that story didn't have much legs to it as far as it taking off.  You could explain it as a one off at the time.    I put as much media reports on this board as anyone -- and i don't recall any indication when Ron took the job as to wait until the crap really hits the fan, we've seen nothing yet.  2 sexual harassment investigations from the league.  20 plus women would speak out.  Dan himself would be implicated.  Congress would investigate.  I don't see how anyone had a wiff of this being in the offing when Ron took the job. 

I recall actually feeling good when Ron took the job.  Bruce is gone.  Dan is a douche.  But maybe the narrative of dysfunction would quiet down.  I didn't think it would be we haven't seen anything yet -- we'd reach much bigger lows in recent years.  I don't recall anyone on this thread saying wait until the crap really hits the fan.

As to your point about the fans.  I think the last 2 years were death blow bad for Dan.  It was one thing that he was known as a major douche and liked to interfere.  But to take that up a notch futher with the sexual harassement suits and Dan himself implicated in it -- made the sleaze much more intense.  Plus while people like us are aware of everything.  The ordinary fan doesn't live and die with information about this team-owner. 

The dysfunction about this team went global in a bigger way than ever before -- we got a lot of national attention for all the wrong reasons.    Heck one of my kids who doesn't follow the game, all of a sudden knows who Dan is and not for good reasons.  I mentioned this before one of my clients saw my Washington logo on my business chair (I since got rid of it for different reasons) on a zoom call and give me an earful about Dan and asked me how can I root for that team.

In short, yes I do think the sexual harassment suits and Congressional investigations added some serious issues to the pile versus it just blending in with the old.  And I seriously doubt Ron felt it coming.  I am not saying you said Ron is amused by it -- my point is I've heard Ron talk about how there always seems to be a new thing that comes up to snap their good will momentum -- and the way he said it, it comes off to me that he's exhausted and worn down by it, versus it being something he expected from the jump. 

We’re saying the same thing essentially. But where we disagree is that Ron actually thought it would boil over and get worse once he arrived. I don’t for a second think that. I do agree with B but I don’t think his angst is toward Dan. 

So I don’t think Ron is necessarily frustrated with Dan. These are not new incidents. Dan being a slime ball and having a horribly run franchise didn’t come out just 3 years ago, it’s been a narrative before Ron even started his coaching career. You can keep saying it’s so much worse now but everything that’s come out is from a long long time ago. The only thing different is that it’s come out in the public domain now. Like I said, ron isn’t dumb. He couldn’t have been blindsided by Dan not being some awesomely good guy that hasn’t acted shady or sketchy or the weasel he’s been in the past.

I think he’s frustrated with the media and fans and all of the parties that have made it their life mission to have Dan Snyder removed. If the media and fans really started to focus on the positive changes implemented, the culture that ron has brought here, and god forbid anything other than how horrible a human Dan Snyder is, we aren’t even having this conversation. Cause I guarantee if the fans were present, there was some real positive buzz around the team, and the focus was football and moving forward from bad transgressions in the past that were none of his or his guys doing, Ron wouldn’t have the same tone. Id literally bet my life on it.

Does he curse Dan under his breath for not facing the music and not being accountable for his actions? Id bet on that as well. But I don’t think Ron thinks Dan has done anything since he took the job other than stay off the radar and let Ron do his thing. How long that lasts, not sure. But I don’t think his true frustration or tone when talking about “it’s just a matter of time before other shoe drops” has anything to do with thinking Snyder went from a sleazy incompetent d bag to even worse. He had heard everything and a lot more than the public had going into the job. Which is probably why it took Gibbs in the first place to alleviate all of his concerns. 

It’s a different take I know that and I’m sure you won’t agree. And that’s fine, just my personal opinion.

9 hours ago, CommanderCarson said:

Bolding done by me, for emphasis—

Um do you think we could try getting one single season (or even a few!) without Snyder bringing shame to the team before you **** that people just won’t let things go? You display the same presumptuousness and entitlement here that Wright does, assuming the team is OWED fanhood that was earned decades ago by other people simply because some people now are doing the right thing while they are paid to take bullets for the devil. 

1 hour ago, CommanderCarson said:

So I don’t think Ron is necessarily frustrated with Dan. These are not new incidents. Dan being a slime ball and having a horribly run franchise didn’t come out just 3 years ago, it’s been a narrative before Ron even started his coaching career. You can keep saying it’s so much worse now but everything that’s come out is from a long long time ago.

First of all, this wouldn’t matter even if it were true.

But secondly, and most importantly…it is not true at all. Multiple long-time execs involved with this culture of bullying, fear, and sexual harassment only left or were fired after Gruden and Allen were shown the door and Rivera was coming in. This **** didn’t just stop happening years ago before it popped up in the news—it was an ongoing problem until two years ago. TWO. Did you forget already that this whole story doesn’t begin and end with the limited accusations against Snyder himself, but were about an entire viper pit of a franchise abusing people for decades in a meat grinder of misery, harassment, and incompetence, all following the example set at the top? It wasn’t “just” the newer reports about the cheerleader or the leg touching from years ago—it was a never-ending onslaught of reports from anyone who worked in that building below an exec position for nearly TWO DECADES. So egregious that it led to the firings of everyone in the building who had been there 17+ years through every regime Snyder hired. With personal, specific and horrific allegations against guys like Santos and Michaels specifically. Not “a long long time ago” at all. 

I think he’s frustrated with the media and fans and all of the parties that have made it their life mission to have Dan Snyder removed.

It’s been two years and Snyder has not given a single reason to begin to forget the recent past, even as Rivera and Co. do their best within their means to make the changes that they can. Again, change doesn’t just happen overnight and immediately gain the trust and respect of others—it must be earned and shown over a long period of time. You sound like a child. “Why am I still grounded, I did my homework the last two days!” As if sweeping (and completely league-mandated) changes just immediately void all the bad he’s done—and again, not ‘a long long time ago’. That’s not only disingenuous it’s downright lying. Idk what exactly your agenda is here, blaming fans for holding Snyder accountable—for his own behavior and office culture—just because they haven’t gotten over it in such a short period of time, but it’s disgusting.

If the media and fans really started to focus on the positive changes implemented, the culture that ron has brought here, and god forbid anything other than how horrible a human Dan Snyder is, we aren’t even having this conversation.

Again, this must be earned, you sound petulant. You don’t just get the benefit of the doubt in such a short window of time. How about maintaining this improved culture for a while and staying out of the news, and try winning some games, and then see where things stand in 5 years or more. And this doesn’t even get into the pathetic rebranding effort happening simultaneously with all this other stuff, an effort that won the team zero fans and in fact lost many. 

It’s a different take I know that and I’m sure you won’t agree. And that’s fine, just my personal opinion.

It’s a stupid, if not extremely harmful take that not only ignores lots of facts and history but also is downright embarrassing to read. 

I know this post from me is harsh, but I do not appreciate AT ALL the completely transparent attempts here to minimize and whitewash what actually happened, over a long period of time and up until very recently, at Redskins Park under Snyder’s leadership, and the attempt to spin this all into some outdated, unfair fan and media vendetta that they just won’t let go of. Your agenda is very noticeable, if un****ingfathomable. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

11 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

In Tanya’s defense about the first part I don’t disagree. I’ve been lucky to deal with several people with the team over the last couple of months. I’ve gotten the impression that people in the building actually do genuinely like working for Tanya. I’ll give a couple of examples.

Last Thursday before fantasy draft I had to drop off the rest of my stuff for the command the canvas. Mostly with this stuff I deal with Victoria Rossi (director of guest experience). I had the assistant director of guest experience escorting me Thursday. She worked for nascar for four years and the dolphins for two before coming here. She said this was far and away the best culture she’s worked in and the most fun she’s had at job. Was also told Tanya was incredible and I’ve heard this sentiment from others as well. They could be blowing smoke of course but I’m very good at reading people when talking face to face with them and I don’t think they are. 
Two things I wanna point out about the rally in Richmond on Friday. I did get to talk to Jason Wright for a few minutes. He went out of his way to mention to me that he wanted me to meet Tanya because she loves all the Commandalorian stuff and loved my work. Also thought it was kinda awesome that she was there Friday hanging out fist bumping fans taking pictures and just talking to the different fans and everything 
Now all that being said IF Dan could let Tanya do what she’s doing and stay in the background we might would be okay. But I like I’m sure everyone else here have serious doubts about how long that’s going to last. But I’ll enjoy it while I can lol Maybe the best thing for us would to have Congress just constantly threatening a subpoena so he stays on his boat 🤣

• Thumb down 1

6 hours ago, Conn said:

Bolding done by me, for emphasis—

Um do you think we could try getting one single season (or even a few!) without Snyder bringing shame to the team before you **** that people just won’t let things go? You display the same presumptuousness and entitlement here that Wright does, assuming the team is OWED fanhood that was earned decades ago by other people simply because some people now are doing the right thing while they are paid to take bullets for the devil. 

First of all, this wouldn’t matter even if it were true.

But secondly, and most importantly…it is not true at all. Multiple long-time execs involved with this culture of bullying, fear, and sexual harassment only left or were fired after Gruden and Allen were shown the door and Rivera was coming in. This **** didn’t just stop happening years ago before it popped up in the news—it was an ongoing problem until two years ago. TWO. Did you forget already that this whole story doesn’t begin and end with the limited accusations against Snyder himself, but were about an entire viper pit of a franchise abusing people for decades in a meat grinder of misery, harassment, and incompetence, all following the example set at the top? It wasn’t “just” the newer reports about the cheerleader or the leg touching from years ago—it was a never-ending onslaught of reports from anyone who worked in that building below an exec position for nearly TWO DECADES. So egregious that it led to the firings of everyone in the building who had been there 17+ years through every regime Snyder hired. With personal, specific and horrific allegations against guys like Santos and Michaels specifically. Not “a long long time ago” at all. 

It’s been two years and Snyder has not given a single reason to begin to forget the recent past, even as Rivera and Co. do their best within their means to make the changes that they can. Again, change doesn’t just happen overnight and immediately gain the trust and respect of others—it must be earned and shown over a long period of time. You sound like a child. “Why am I still grounded, I did my homework the last two days!” As if sweeping (and completely league-mandated) changes just immediately void all the bad he’s done—and again, not ‘a long long time ago’. That’s not only disingenuous it’s downright lying. Idk what exactly your agenda is here, blaming fans for holding Snyder accountable—for his own behavior and office culture—just because they haven’t gotten over it in such a short period of time, but it’s disgusting.

Again, this must be earned, you sound petulant. You don’t just get the benefit of the doubt in such a short window of time. How about maintaining this improved culture for a while and staying out of the news, and try winning some games, and then see where things stand in 5 years or more. And this doesn’t even get into the pathetic rebranding effort happening simultaneously with all this other stuff, an effort that won the team zero fans and in fact lost many. 

It’s a stupid, if not extremely harmful take that not only ignores lots of facts and history but also is downright embarrassing to read. 

I know this post from me is harsh, but I do not appreciate AT ALL the completely transparent attempts here to minimize and whitewash what actually happened, over a long period of time and up until very recently, at Redskins Park under Snyder’s leadership, and the attempt to spin this all into some outdated, unfair fan and media vendetta that they just won’t let go of. Your agenda is very noticeable, if un****ingfathomable. 

I’ll just say this because it’s clear I struck a chord and don’t necessarily care to get into some large debate on this matter.

But your response back, which is extremely harsh by the way lol, has a lot of assumptions. You have one, assumed, that I am criticizing the fans and media and then further assume that I’m saying it shouldn’t be this way. Where did I say either of those two things?

And then on top of that, somehow you assume that I’m minimizing what’s occurred in ashburn and all of the terrible things that have happened there? Why? Where did I once say that it SHOULD all go away? That they have earned the right to let this stuff go? You’re going to have a really hard time digging that out of my post, because it doesn’t exist and it’s not there. And then to call me petulant and a child? Oh the irony. You just threw a temper tantrum because you thought I was saying something I wasn’t. 

The long long time ago wasn’t the right way to put what I was trying to articulate. I meant that it had occurred prior to Rivera taking over and that he had taken a lot of steps to move forward in a positive direction from the sleaziness that existed before. But that these behaviors were exhibited for a long time, and that it shouldn’t have been a surprise to Rivera going in what kind of reputation Dan and this franchise had. 

Thats simply my take, on how Rivera views the situation. Key part of that sentence is Rivera. And where his frustration stems from. Why not comment on what I’m actually saying instead of assuming there’s some agenda that’s not actually there? Are you sure it’s not you who may have an agenda and you took that post threateningly because it doesn’t align with your thoughts on the matter? I wrote all of that from the perspective of Rivera, who has mentioned to the media some of the very things I pointed out. They are out there if you would like to dig it up and maybe that will provide context to what I really meant?

I don’t really care to engage further than this because I don’t like when something I say gets completely re spun as something it wasn’t intended to be. Id suggest being a little more careful with understanding the content and motive of a post before totally eviscerating said content. As I said, I didn’t blame the fans, media or anyone who’s piled on Dan. I didn’t say it shouldn’t be that way. I didn’t excuse the actions that have happened under Dan’s watch or say that it’s been long enough to let them go, or that they have earned anything. I think I just about covered all of the assumptions that don’t exist in the actual content of the post, I’m really sorry to have offended you in any sort of way. But yeah, don’t necessarily appreciate that harsh type of tone or being called names when it was written completely from my opinion of where Rivera’s frustration comes from. And I could be totally wrong, i clearly stated it was just my take from some of the things he’s said publicly this off season about how hard it makes his job to have things to keep popping up from the past shine a light away from some of the progressive steps the franchise has taken. And oh yeah, I also didn’t say those steps were taken without serious pressure, it’s not a congratulations Snyder post for finally making things right. But your post assumed that as well! Oof.

Listen to that interview, this is what I’m referencing although there are many other sound bites out there just like this one. Do you hate Rivera for saying this type of thing? Is he minimizing and sweeping under the rug? 

Edited by CommanderCarson

@CommanderCarsonlol that’s so disingenuous that it’s actually hard to point out all the ways. It’s extremely clear from that post (and others over the past months) that you do in fact agree with the point of view you were describing. Now you’re scrambling in response to what I said because you got called out. It’s fine, I already acknowledged that I was harsh, and I apologize for that and agree we don’t need to go down this rabbit hole. But if the way I reacted prevents you from further pushing this bull**** then I’ll consider it ten minutes typing well spent. 

To answer your direct question, Rivera is paid to do what he does. Nothing about what he’s said about the job he’s got to do radiates the same energy as your post, not even close. You really laid it on thick in a way I found extremely distasteful 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mrshadow008 said:

In Tanya’s defense about the first part I don’t disagree. I’ve been lucky to deal with several people with the team over the last couple of months. I’ve gotten the impression that people in the building actually do genuinely like working for Tanya. I’ll give a couple of examples.

Last Thursday before fantasy draft I had to drop off the rest of my stuff for the command the canvas. Mostly with this stuff I deal with Victoria Rossi (director of guest experience). I had the assistant director of guest experience escorting me Thursday. She worked for nascar for four years and the dolphins for two before coming here. She said this was far and away the best culture she’s worked in and the most fun she’s had at job. Was also told Tanya was incredible and I’ve heard this sentiment from others as well. They could be blowing smoke of course but I’m very good at reading people when talking face to face with them and I don’t think they are. 
Two things I wanna point out about the rally in Richmond on Friday. I did get to talk to Jason Wright for a few minutes. He went out of his way to mention to me that he wanted me to meet Tanya because she loves all the Commandalorian stuff and loved my work. Also thought it was kinda awesome that she was there Friday hanging out fist bumping fans taking pictures and just talking to the different fans and everything 
Now all that being said IF Dan could let Tanya do what she’s doing and stay in the background we might would be okay. But I like I’m sure everyone else here have serious doubts about how long that’s going to last. But I’ll enjoy it while I can lol Maybe the best thing for us would to have Congress just constantly threatening a subpoena so he stays on his boat 🤣

Thanks for sharing.  As I've mentioned multiple times over the years, my intereaction at Redskins-Commanders Park which I've been at if I recall about 5 times have been via the Charity Foundation or via using my points from the NFL credit card I have -- has been really good.  Some super nice people worked there even pre Jason Wright. 

As far as Tanya goes my take from listening to her and reading about her is two fold.

A.  She's as delusional and obtuse as her husband.  Where they feel its not their fault they've been losing.  It's OTHER people's fault.

B.  She's a nicer person one on one than her husband and has real life social skills that her husband doesn't have.

I think B is certainly an improvement.  But A seems to be the foundation of the rotten culture and the losing.  So I am not really even a whit optimistic that she will help build a winner.  But I do think it likely helps the morale of that building to have someone that has good social skills and isn't a douche to the employees and rule by fear-scapegoating like her husband's reputation.

As for Jason Wright, I am a big fan, i've taken some arrows for him on this thread. :ols:  He comes off classy and smart.  Yes, he's made mistakes but for me his class and the way he presents this organization is desperately needed.  I was a big fan of Lafemina, too. 

I think discarding Bruce was big.  I've talked to Bruce a couple of times and he was pleasant but he also came off sort of like a political suit type.  I've heard from a number of people that Bruce was arrogant as heck, his crap didn't stink and helped foster that mindset with Dan who already is predisposed to think that way.  So that combination i think ironically is would contributed to the collapse of this fan base.  They have a lot of work to do to regain their footing IMO.

1 hour ago, Conn said:

@CommanderCarsonlol that’s so disingenuous that it’s actually hard to point out all the ways. It’s extremely clear from that post (and others over the past months) that you do in fact agree with the point of view you were describing. Now you’re scrambling in response to what I said because you got called out. It’s fine, I already acknowledged that I was harsh, and I apologize for that and agree we don’t need to go down this rabbit hole. But if the way I reacted prevents you from further pushing this bull**** then I’ll consider it ten minutes typing well spent. 

To answer your direct question, Rivera is paid to do what he does. Nothing about what he’s said about the job he’s got to do radiates the same energy as your post, not even close. You really laid it on thick in a way I found extremely distasteful 

I was hoping you weren’t going to double down but figured you probably would since you seemed so passionate about it. 

Just to be clear, I would love for the fans to come back and for the franchise to have some more positivity surrounding it. I think it would be rewarding to the players and coaches working so hard to turn this thing around. And I think it would actually help the performance on the field, having an energetic fan base and home field advantage would totally be advantageous and I’d love that. I’ll totally own that stance and I think my posts certainly reflect that.

I have not once condemned anyone for feeling differently, or said things SHOULD be different. That’s well within people’s right to feel the way they do and they are going to have to win, keep winning, and keep their nose clean and out of the drama filled spotlight to gain a lot of that trust and fan support back. 

Nothing what I said in my post implies that the above shouldn’t be the case, you’re out here assuming a bunch about me and what my motive is. And then doubling down just comes off as stubborn. 

Did you actually listen to rivera’s interview I posted?

Hes literally saying what I’m saying. He’s saying it’s important and to not brush it off, but it makes his job harder. And I think that’s where a lot of his frustration comes from. Who knows, maybe I’m crazy and he could care less about the fans coming back or stories continuing to pop up in the media from before his time. Maybe those are just a bunch of empty words.

11 hours ago, CommanderCarson said:

You can keep saying it’s so much worse now but everything that’s come out is from a long long time ago. The only thing different is that it’s come out in the public domain now.

Yep will agree to disagree that Ron foresaw the sexual harassment lawsuits and Congressional investigation just because the seeds of this happened years ago.   I'd agree if he worked in the building and was here instead of at Carolina during that time.

I think on a scale of 0-10 I am at a flat 0 that Ron saw this coming. 

And yes I do not think that the attractiveness or lack there of as to the job is at the same plane now as it was when Ron took the job. On a scale of 0-10.  I am at a 0 on that one, too.   And more on point going back to my original post on this -- firing Ron would add to the unattractiveness of the job.  My post was directed to people who want Ron gone. 

Heck even taking out the sexual harassment suits and Congressional investigations and Dans dysfunction going national in a big way to the extent where we even got owners talking about the possibility of removing him -- on the issue of attrition alone this place is worse off than 3 years ago -- the stadium has gone in rankings from one of the worse to now being the worse, the facilities are even more outdated compared to the league, the fan attendance is at a low, next to last in attendance, its all worse and not the same as 2019 based on attrition alone before even delving into the scandals. 

But look I can throw even all of that out the window and run with your theory that its not that different, its just more of the same.   Running with that thought, still just the pile up of MORE takes a toll.

Here are agents flat out referencing it.  

Screen Shot 2022-09-02 at 8.49.14 AM.png

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Thanks for sharing.  As I've mentioned multiple times over the years, my intereaction at Redskins-Commanders Park which I've been at if I recall about 5 times have been via the Charity Foundation or via using my points from the NFL credit card I have -- has been really good.  Some super nice people worked there even pre Jason Wright. 

As far as Tanya goes my take from listening to her and reading about her is two fold.

A.  She's as delusional and obtuse as her husband.  Where they feel its not their fault they've been losing.  It's OTHER people's fault.

B.  She's a nicer person one on one than her husband and has real life social skills that her husband doesn't have.

I think B is certainly an improvement.  But A seems to be the foundation of the rotten culture and the losing.  So I am not really even a whit optimistic that she will help build a winner.  But I do think it likely helps the morale of that building to have someone that has good social skills and isn't a douche to the employees and rule by fear-scapegoating like her husband's reputation.

As for Jason Wright, I am a big fan, i've taken some arrows for him on this thread. :ols:  He comes off classy and smart.  Yes, he's made mistakes but for me his class and the way he presents this organization is desperately needed.  I was a big fan of Lafemina, too. 

I think discarding Bruce was big.  I've talked to Bruce a couple of times and he was pleasant but he also came off sort of like a political suit type.  I've heard from a number of people that Bruce was arrogant as heck, his crap didn't stink and helped foster that mindset with Dan who already is predisposed to think that way.  So that combination i think ironically is would contributed to the collapse of this fan base.  They have a lot of work to do to regain their footing IMO.

I agree with just about all of this. And trust me I've taken some of those same arrows in regards to Jason. While I don't disagree with A I will say in the very least Tanya seems to be much more interested about having her hands in and being involved in non football related things. That in and of itself would be a huge win on the football side of things at the very least. People complain about the uniforms the brand whatever. I could give two craps about that type of stuff let Tanya design all the uniforms if it means we are winning football games and the culture in the building continues going in the right direction. Again I have my doubts about how long it lasts but again at the moment things at least seem to be going in the right direction

• Thumb down 1

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I mean in the first interview with Shefhter last year or the year before when it was introduced as Co Owner she proved that when she was claiming to be a victim. 

The family is rotten. Shes just not an ahole about it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zim489 said:

I mean in the first interview with Shefhter last year or the year before when it was introduced as Co Owner she proved that when she was claiming to be a victim. 

The family is rotten. Shes just not an ahole about it. 

IIRC, she basically said the sexual harassment accusations by women were 'ridiculous.' Whether she meant that to defend her hubby or that she thought the work environment was ridiculous was not clear. What was clear was that her PR team should not have allowed her anywhere near a microphone...and they haven't since.

• Like 3

On 9/2/2022 at 8:56 AM, Mrshadow008 said:

I will say in the very least Tanya seems to be much more interested about having her hands in and being involved in non football related things. That in and of itself would be a huge win on the football side of things at the very least. 

Couldn't disagree more. 

Tanya's involvement seems to start and end with carrying Dan's water...to me, her response to the sexual harassment stuff + involvement with the disaster of a rebrand bear that out. 

**** her and **** Dan...both are cancer and belong nowhere near leading an organization. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, formerly4skins said:

Couldn't disagree more. 

Tanya's involvement seems to start and end with carrying Dan's water...to me, her response to the sexual harassment stuff + involvement with the disaster of a rebrand bear that out. 

**** her and **** Dan...both are cancer and belong nowhere near leading an organization. 

I see your point, but perhaps wouldn't go to this extreme with Tanya. I like to view it as every coin has 2 sides.

Imagine what she has had to deal with in all this. Prior to everything coming out with her douchebag husband, she basically worked on charity projects (ie cancer events) and didn't really have much to do with the business and football related ops. 

Lil Napoleon had to thrust her into business side of things as co-owner to try and save his sorry ass. I would imagine this wasn't something she was even remotely thrilled about. Couple that with the fact she's having to hear all this shady **** her hubby has been doing, and you'd have to assume she is quite upset. (Hell,  what woman would be after hearing/reading the reports that their husband had been up to some nefarious **** with other women).

I'll add that on top of how it would affect their marriage would be how it would impact her children. I'd imagine that went over like a lead balloon. 

However, most women I would assume would've had that Frodo looking **** in court though. So sticking by that narcissistic assclown is probably worth some scrutiny. 

Point is, I don't think lumping her in the same context as her asinine hubby is exactly fair considering she was placed in this situation by that scumbag cretin. 

Just my 2 cents.

HTTR!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

IIRC, she basically said the sexual harassment accusations by women were 'ridiculous.' Whether she meant that to defend her hubby or that she thought the work environment was ridiculous was not clear. What was clear was that her PR team should not have allowed her anywhere near a microphone...and they haven't since.

It was a total debacle.  What's worse is it was like slow coach pitched little league.  They got a guy who was friendly to the organization who wasn't going to ask hard questions, and she still fell all over herself.

The only defense I have for her is I'm sure she was nervous.  I don't know when the last time she'd ever done anything like that before was, or if she had every done an interview like that.  Being nervous in an interview is very understandable.

That said, it was still a complete debacle.  

I do think, however, the response is incorrect.  I think they need to keep putting her, and for that matter, Dan, out there.  I think they would both get better and more comfortable with time.  But I would have them start with Julie.  I mean, a 5 minute sit-down monthly with Julie would be as safe a haven as you could get. She's not going to try and trip them up, and if they mis-speak, they can just edit it, because she works for the team.  

Would it be all that insightful?  Probably not.  But at least it would be something.  Do that a few times, and get used to it.  Then maybe do a hit with Bram on the radio broadcast. 

I think the lack of public appearances actually hurts them.  If I was advising them, I'd say they need to get out there more, but in a controlled way.  Eventually, I do think they should have an open press conference, at least annually.