Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

17 hours ago, The Rook said:

I have been around boats and ships all my life and I got to say that is one fugly vessel.  The front of the vessel looks like it came from the ship plans of a ship from "the Great White Fleet" during the Spanish-American War.  What a waste of money.

:229:The Rook

Very detailed burn.

Right in the poop deck.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mrshadow008 said:

The bolded part in the second part is what's important here. Supreme court ruled in 2019 that Congress's subpoena power while broad is not all powerful. It must serve a valid legislative puprose. It also cannot be used for exposure for the sake of exposure nor can it be used to punish those investigated. They've already issued the legislation that's 1. Its been made abundantly clear that the committee is using this as a chance to expose wrong doing by Dan Snyder. And to quote Carol Malroney her self "Since no one else is prepared to hold Mr. Snyder accountable this committee is prepared too." Another thing issued by the supreme court in 2019 was congress has to prove that there are no other sources they can go to for the information it needs. This is important considering the legislation is built off workplace misconduct. If thats the case why not subpoena Mark Davis? How about Jerry Jones? Congress's subpoena power is very broad for sure but this is almost the exact thing the courts ruled they cant do

The testimony for this case can only be given by Snyder since this is the investigation before them.  Davis and Jones are irrelevant here. It would actually dilute their point if they did that.

No legislation has been passed in relation to it, and even if it were, it serves a legislative purpose to re-examine applicability and this is within a greater context for multiple federal laws.

• Thumb up 1

It must serve a valid legislative puprose.

I would argue that they are simply carrying out their charge to seek out information to craft or review legislation, which is valid.

Its been made abundantly clear that the committee is using this as a chance to expose wrong doing by Dan Snyder. And to quote Carol Malroney her self "Since no one else is prepared to hold Mr. Snyder accountable this committee is prepared too."

And, that Snyder being held to public account for being a scumbag sex-pest is a fortunate byproduct of the above process.

Congress's subpoena power is very broad for sure but this is almost the exact thing the courts ruled they cant do

Snyder can supply them with relevant, direct, and first-hand information concerning the matter at hand -- an investigation of institutional sexual misconduct in a workplace that benefits from the direct support of the federal government...to the end of crafting or reviewing legislation. 

7 hours ago, FLSkinz83 said:

I'm not trolling.   As I said, I would take the subpoena seriously if this hearing was serious.  I don't believe it is.    That's it.

10 days till training camp.  Thank goodness.   

You are 100% trolling.   "I would take the subpoena seriously if this hearing was serious"

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

25 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

You are 100% trolling.   "I would take the subpoena seriously if this hearing was serious"

He is clearly trolling.  Who in the blue hell says "we'd all avoid a subpoena "?

It's hilarious to me that he thinks we'd all just ignore a subpoena cause hell,  we don't think it's serious. 

Please. Stop. With. Kissing. Dan's. Ass.

HTTR!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, NewCliche21 said:

The testimony for this case can only be given by Snyder since this is the investigation before them.  Davis and Jones are irrelevant here. It would actually dilute their point if they did that.

No legislation has been passed in relation to it, and even if it were, it serves a legislative purpose to re-examine applicability and this is within a greater context for multiple federal laws.

Their investigation as well as the two pieces of legislation already built and introduced are in regards to workplace misconduct and the use of NDAs. Seems to me testimony from the cowboys owners testimony would be very relevant considering they paid 4 cheerleaders $400000 and forced them to sign ndas to cover it up. This while said accused employee continued working for team for 6 years afterwards. Testimony from The Texans who supplied Deshaun Watson with ndas to provide the masseuses seems fairly relevant as well.

Sheehan’s regular legal contributor Neil in Rockville seems to agree with me that it likely gets thrown out in court as well. 

CBC7B6E3-7BC7-47A5-BB3D-688D15891111.png

Logan Paulsen, Hoffman, Keim in a podcast.  Some points.

A.  Paulsen does think all the crap about the owner can filter down to the players.  Long off season.  You want to have pride in your organization.  You get asked about it by strangers at different settings, etc.  Tough to escape it all.

B.  Snyder taking the subponea to court, could tie up the issue in court and in turn keep the story alive

C.  Hoffman wondered if there would be women protests this year outside the stadium, Keim was skeptical of that.

D.  They talked about Dan extending the story by his behavior during the investigation and in turn keeping the story alive longer.  That by the way is the thesis of some of my arguments here -- my point is i don't think Dan has been "smart" by how he's handled this -- extending a negative story or adding layers to it isn't IMO the go to PR move in situations like this.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

D.  They talked about Dan extending the story by his behavior during the investigation and in turn keeping the story alive longer.  That by the way is the thesis of some of my arguments here -- my point is i don't think Dan has been "smart" by how he's handled this -- extending a negative story or adding layers to it isn't IMO the go to PR move in situations like this.

I really don't think Dan is  particularly aware of how people perceive him, which in and of itself really amazes me that an individual is either so removed from the outside world or is just so damn arrogant and full of himself.

Edited by Chris 44

Narcissists live in delusion. We see that with more famous narcissists and we see that with Dan. Dan thinks pr will make things right.

Doesn’t matter, people aren’t changing their minds. He can do whatever for 90th anniversary of the franchise but almost everything to celebrate about this franchise ; has nothing to do with him.

As for the team itself, they just need to win regularly. Good luck with that.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

I really don't think Dan is  particularly aware of how people perceive him, which in and of itself really amazes me that an individual is either so removed from the outside world or is just so damn arrogant and full of himself.

Yeah clearly.  I love the story from Sheehan who said he heard from someone in that FO years ago that they did a poll and Dan and Bruce were shocked about how low fans thought of both.

the fact that Dan thinks he can redeem his reputation with fans by selling that now he will be "more hands on" shows his level of delusion.  The fact that he doesn't think he needs to do anything to buffer his own reputation aside from trying to demonize anyone who attacks him -- also shows deep delusion.

The reason why i think the Dan-Bruce marriage was the perfect storm to sink the franchise is judging by various stories Bruce was as geniuinely as deep delusional as Dan was -- my favorite stories on that count was the Keim one where Bruce called hiim to rail at him for an article Keim wrote about how they are losing fans.  Bruce told Keim how ridiculous that was and that Keim couldn't be more wrong. 

lafemina.png

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah clearly.  I love the story from Sheehan who said he heard from someone in that FO years ago that they did a poll and Dan and Bruce were shocked about how low fans thought of both.

the fact that Dan thinks he can redeem his reputation with fans by selling that now he will be "more hands on" shows his level of delusion.  The fact that he doesn't think he needs to do anything to buffer his own reputation aside from trying to demonize anyone who attacks him -- also shows deep delusion.

The reason why i think the Dan-Bruce marriage was the perfect storm to sink the franchise is judging by various stories Bruce was as geniuinely as deep delusional as Dan was -- my favorite stories on that count was the Keim one where Bruce called hiim to rail at him for an article Keim wrote about how they are losing fans.  Bruce told Keim how ridiculous that was and that Keim couldn't be more wrong. 

lafemina.png

Pretty amazing that a business owner would not care to take the time to walk the building, talk to employees, receive feed back and get a general overview of daily operations and how it effects HIS business. I don't know, just hard to fathom. Most of us, if not business owners, have at least been in a position to lead/supervise and understand how important it is to understand the day to day operations and get a feel for employee involvement and general satisfaction with the workplace environment. What an incredible opportunity Dan had with this franchise and he has pissed it away!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Pretty amazing that a business owner would not care to take the time to walk the building, talk to employees, receive feed back and get a general overview of daily operations and how it effects HIS business. I don't know, just hard to fathom. Most of us, if not business owners, have at least been in a position to lead/supervise and understand how important it is to understand the day to day operations and get a feel for employee involvement and general satisfaction with the workplace environment. What an incredible opportunity Dan had with this franchise and he has pissed it away!

Yep.   Sad but true.  I forgot who said but I recall one person who knew Dan said he felt that Dan when he came into money seemed to think that being rich makes you better than others and you talk to down to those with less wealth.

In my business i deal with a lot of rich folks, granted no one as rich as him.  But the stories about Dan remind me a lot of a particular client who also got rich quick and treats people like crap, social outcast type, and his arrogance seems to be driven by deep insecurity.  Though nowhere near as bad as the Dan stories we hear.

I am guessing with Dan that he was a social outcast and never learned how to interact well with others.  Once he got rich, he still ever learned to master social skills but he decided that being rich wiped out his past social issues because now he was in his mind better than everyone else.  

It doesn't take a psychologist to get he has his share of social phobias.  I'd bet for example Bruce Allen's longevity with this team is largely driven by Bruce is comfortable socially and Dan would feed off of that.   By some reports would let Bruce lead for him at the owners meetings among other things.

The dude is so tramuatized about speaking publicly that he can't even do fluff interviews anymore which he at least used to minor in.   

Grant Paulsen told a story of being at a social event years back and Dan was there and how awkward Dan was. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I agree with this.  

I never thought he was going to testify, I still don't, and I think the clock is going to run out, and that will be that. 

However, Sheehan pointed this out, and I agreed: he should have taken a full-on suspension with the Beth Wilkinson investigation release.  A full year, maybe longer. It should have been official.  And accompanied by a short but contrite statement taking responsibility and accepting the suspension.

If he had done that, in addition to the fine, the NFL could really have legitimately always said, "it was bad, we've fined the team and suspended him for a year.  The story is closed."  And I don't think the congressional investigation would have happened, and if it did, Roger could have said, "yes, we agree, we suspended him for a year.  Case closed."  

It might not have ended the story entirely, but I think the HOC would really have had a tough time making the case to go after Dan if he was already serving a year + long official suspension.  

Now, granted, I STILL think all of this is being puppet mastered by Lisa Banks, so would she have tried some other tactic to keep the story front and center?  I don't know.  Probably.  But I think by accepting blame early and taking a long suspension, he could have squashed some of this. 

He's just not capable of doing that.  It's not in his nature to accept blame.  So, it would never have happened.  Which was his undoing.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I agree with this.  

I never thought he was going to testify, I still don't, and I think the clock is going to run out, and that will be that. 

However, Sheehan pointed this out, and I agreed: he should have taken a full-on suspension with the Beth Wilkinson investigation release.  A full year, maybe longer. It should have been official.  And accompanied by a short but contrite statement taking responsibility and accepting the suspension.

If he had done that, in addition to the fine, the NFL could really have legitimately always said, "it was bad, we've fined the team and suspended him for a year.  The story is closed."  And I don't think the congressional investigation would have happened, and if it did, Roger could have said, "yes, we agree, we suspended him for a year.  Case closed."  

It might not have ended the story entirely, but I think the HOC would really have had a tough time making the case to go after Dan if he was already serving a year + long official suspension.  

Now, granted, I STILL think all of this is being puppet mastered by Lisa Banks, so would she have tried some other tactic to keep the story front and center?  I don't know.  Probably.  But I think by accepting blame early and taking a long suspension, he could have squashed some of this. 

He's just not capable of doing that.  It's not in his nature to accept blame.  So, it would never have happened.  Which was his undoing.  

Agree.  And heck he even downplayed his self suspension that he worked out with Goodell having his people tell the local media he wasn't really suspended at all.

If he took his punishment and showed some sincere level of being contrite for everything that came down -- that would have been the ultimate PR move even if he didn't feel that way.

But Dan as usual is his own worst enemy.  And if he is the source of the Jon Gruden leaks as some suspect -- that ironically came back to haunt Dan too from a PR move. 

Dan seems to live in his own bubble and doesn't look to see how things can boomerang back at him.  

This story is based in part on interviews with 19 former employees, including those who worked on the Redskins coaching staff, in the front office and at Snyder Communications, 

...Several former employees said job security was a constant fear. “I never worked in such a nervous building before,” one former employee said. “You never saw anyone who came in and was like, ‘Wow, great to be here today.’ It was grim faces all the time. It was a dozen Bob Cratchits.”

Employees describe Snyder as “moody,” “mercurial,” and “unpredictable,” and former coaches say Snyder’s mood is particularly volatile when the team struggles. They described getting berated in the facility’s workout area and approached in the locker room in the minutes following games.

...Explained one close associate: “His whole exterior gets in the way of what’s inside. When you peel the exterior away, there’s really a pretty frail interior there.”

Some suggest he lacks the interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with those below him. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/daniel-snyder-washington-redskins-owner-still-struggles-to-find-formula-for-success/2014/01/04/5d86bfa4-74a4-11e3-bc6b-712d770c3715_story.html

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

But Dan as usual is his own worst enemy.  And if he is the source of the Jon Gruden leaks as some suspect -- that ironically came back to haunt Dan too from a PR move. 

Dan seems to live in his own bubble and doesn't look to see how things can boomerang back at him. 

So, what's massively odd is that hasn't been a topic for the HOC.  Where did the Bruce Allen email leak come from?  That little tidbit of information could be fascinating, and honestly could be VERY bad for Dan. I'm somewhat shocked that hasn't been a very significant line of questioning and investigation.  It seems like that could have led somewhere.  Did they even ask Roger about it?  I can't remember.  It's an indirect question which might have had direct results.  

One other thing I'm always remis about pointing out, and it's something Neil and Howard have both said: the quickest path to get Dan to be forced to testify under oath in a deposition is actually the Jon Gruden lawsuit, which a judge somewhat recently threw out the motion to dismiss.  So, unless there is a settlement, and soon, that thing IS going to discovery, and that's a subpoena which would actually be harder to avoid (which is somewhat shocking, and I honestly don't understand why, but if both Howard and Neil say so, I'll take their word for it).  And Dan WILL be subpoenaed.  And for whatever reason, I don't think he can dodge that one forever, or "run out the clock." So, there's hope there also.  

IF Dan is responsible for the email leaks, honestly, that COULD be the smoking gun.  Because those email leaks led to Jon being fired, suing the NFL, and the NFL would be liable for something.  Granted, Jon's a schmuck.  But if Dan leaked the emails which started this whole thing, and will cost the NFL money, maybe?  

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

So, what's massively odd is that hasn't been a topic for the HOC.  Where did the Bruce Allen email leak come from?  That little tidbit of information could be fascinating, and honestly could be VERY bad for Dan. I'm somewhat shocked that hasn't been a very significant line of questioning and investigation.  It seems like that could have led somewhere.  Did they even ask Roger about it?  I can't remember.  It's an indirect question which might have had direct results.  

One other thing I'm always remis about pointing out, and it's something Neil and Howard have both said: the quickest path to get Dan to be forced to testify under oath in a deposition is actually the Jon Gruden lawsuit, which a judge somewhat recently threw out the motion to dismiss.  So, unless there is a settlement, and soon, that thing IS going to discovery, and that's a subpoena which would actually be harder to avoid (which is somewhat shocking, and I honestly don't understand why, but if both Howard and Neil say so, I'll take their word for it).  And Dan WILL be subpoenaed.  And for whatever reason, I don't think he can dodge that one forever, or "run out the clock." So, there's hope there also.  

IF Dan is responsible for the email leaks, honestly, that COULD be the smoking gun.  Because those email leaks led to Jon being fired, suing the NFL, and the NFL would be liable for something.  Granted, Jon's a schmuck.  But if Dan leaked the emails which started this whole thing, and will cost the NFL money, maybe?  

It's my nuttiest time at work right now so i got more brain fog than usual  :ols: -- so tough for me to recall all the tidbits about this stuff.  But I recall posting on this about a month or so ago about one of the WP reporters on Sheehan's show doing a nice job of explaining how if you add up various facts it points to Dan's people very likely being the leakers.

Among other things its one of Dan's go to moves for decades now -- leak bad stuff about whomever he doesn't like and wants to destroy.

I don't know though if this would do Dan in.  But I do think there is a potential breaking point with some owners and I'd gather this would add to the pile. 

Being 31st is unfathomable to me. He’s saved by his market. If he acted this way and the team was hell just Pittsburgh he would be miles lower than he is. If they were in Cincy 5500 fans would show up a week  

that follow up is correct. The first game post Dan I think the stadium would be sold out in celebration 

Edited by Zim489
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Employees describe Snyder as “moody,” “mercurial,” and “unpredictable,” and former coaches say Snyder’s mood is particularly volatile when the team struggles.

Im pretty sure this describes me as well... Just sayin...