Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

Congress can't do anything, really. Even if he did show and completely sweat his head off and **** his pants, they still couldn't do anything. They can maybe do anti-trust stuff to the entire league, but that would be over the course of so many years and would seem to be like nuking an anthill just because Dan Snyder is a piece of walking ****.

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

But I'd consider that doing something.  Forcing him to sweat and crap his pants for the world to see is money well spent.

I have to admit, that would potentially worth more than the cost of season tickets.

• Like 1

The best thing would be for Congress to gather up all the stuff happening right now—the Raiders misconduct, Snyder, the Texans lawsuit in relation to enabling Watson—and throw it all together, threaten the NFL’s antitrust exemption for real change. It’s all they can really do, but those 3 owners above are already ~10% of the league involved openly in gross bull****. Obviously there’s a lot more under the surface. 

The next best outcome is just the constant media pressure creating such a rising tide of public sentiment and advertiser apprehension that the math eventually tells the NFL it’s time to vote out Snyder—similar to what happened with the name change. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I don't believe that.  The government certainly must be able to flex somehow if Snyder blows off a subpoena.  

All they can really do is hound him about it, but I’m fairly sure they can’t impose any legal ramifications if he keeps blowing them off.

2 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

All they can really do is hound him about it, but I’m fairly sure they can’t impose any legal ramifications if he keeps blowing them off.

What a bunch of bull****.  **** them.  If they can't bring a **** **** ass ******** like Snyder off a boat in France...nevermind, I'm not getting political. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 86 Snyder said:

Right there with you brother.

Seriously, what the ****ing ****.  Like, what good are they?  What good is all of this hearing bull**** if they're just going to let Snyder dodge them at every given turn?  They were polite, they requested him to come in.  He said no, he said no a couple times.   

Fine.  So what the **** good is a subpoena if they're not actually going to DO SOMETHING to haul that sack of **** in?

"Ohhhh, we REALLY mean it THIS time, Mr. Snyder.  This is a subpoena and if you don't come in and meet with us, or at least a video call from your boat, we'll...wait...well, we can't really DO anything to punish you, so we'll continue to sit here with our **** between our legs and look stupid."

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Seriously, what the ****ing ****.  Like, what good are they?  What good is all of this hearing bull**** if they're just going to let Snyder dodge them at every given turn?  They were polite, they requested him to come in.  He said no, he said no a couple times.   

Fine.  So what the **** good is a subpoena if they're not actually going to DO SOMETHING to haul that sack of **** in?

"Ohhhh, we REALLY mean it THIS time, Mr. Snyder.  This is a subpoena and if you don't come in and meet with us, or at least a video call from your boat, we'll...wait...well, we can't really DO anything to punish you, so we'll continue to sit here with our **** between our legs and look stupid."

That’s kinda the whole problem with this hearing in a nutshell.  I was hopeful leading up to it, but I actually sat and watched the whole thing and came away deflated anything at all would happen next.

My takeaway was Roger jumped through their hoops and won’t engage further, we will never see a Wilkinson report, and Snyder will just ghost them indefinitely.  The hearing itself devolved from the topic frequently into completely unrelated testimony and they never cornered Goodell with their questioning.

Basically Im glad I watched because now I know not to expect anything to happen.

@Conn made a good point about the anti-trust stuff but I would be absolutely shocked if the committee could row in the same direction long enough to get anywhere near that kind of grand undertaking.

IMO the only hope is the Mary Jo White investigation finds something direct and dirty on Dan related to the Tiffany Johnson stuff (I think that’s her name…the other more recent allegation about touching her thigh).  It seems to me whatever happened on that flight from Vegas is the real story and the details aren’t going to see the light of day.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I mean, I think we’re all kind of learning over time how much things have operated on the “honor system” in this country, in terms of people generally following unwritten rules for a long time until they just…stopped. I’m pretty sure Congress can refer investigations to the DOJ and that is technically how ignoring a subpoena can bite you in the ass, but nobody really believes that will happen in this case. It’s a matter of going after wealthy and powerful people. There just aren’t the same consequences for not following the norms, and because of that the norms are changing. We can only hope keeping it in the public eye constantly and making the NFL look bad eventually has an effect. The owners have to make this choice for themselves, but public opinion and nonstop media coverage can certainly effect that and make him no longer worth the trouble…we hope. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Conn said:

I mean, I think we’re all kind of learning over time how much things have operated on the “honor system” in this country, in terms of people generally following unwritten rules for a long time until they just…stopped. I’m pretty sure Congress can refer investigations to the DOJ and that is technically how ignoring a subpoena can bite you in the ass, but nobody really believes that will happen in this case. We can only hope keeping it in the public eye constantly and making the NFL look bad eventually has an effect. The owners have to make this choice for themselves, but public opinion and nonstop media coverage can certainly effect that and make him no longer worth the trouble…we hope. 

Yep, agreed.  

I just don't think it'll reach that point due to my overriding theory about everything; Snyder will go scorched earth on everyone and everything he can if the rest of the owners kick him out.  It's gotta be something undeniable like him using a racial slur on tape in order for them to agree to kick him out.  And even then, I bet there'd be owners who'd be hesitant to kick him out.  

The NFL can also keep taking punches here as long as their bottom line isn't being messed with.  If sponsors start dropping, they'll be forced to act.  It'd be awesome if someone like Bud Light said "It's us or Snyder, pick one."  But then Miller Lite would swoop in, probably give more money, so it's a moot point.

Whatever.  I admit that I had my hopes up, that this would finally be it.  I wasn't naive enough to believe that this would 100% work, I definitely left room to understand this might not be it and now it's starting to set in that Snyder's probably just going to survive this like the weasel he is.

• Like 2

So, when I imagined Dan playing the new "Commander in Chief" by walking around in a fake naval uniform like L. Ron Hubbard, I never thought he'd take it all the way by floating around on his boat in perpetuity to evade the law just like Mr. Scientology. :D

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, 86 Snyder said:

I don't think that's quite right. If he ignores a subpoena then he can be held in contempt of Congress, after which a federal court can enforce compliance. However, getting a court to do that takes months, assuming Congress even goes down this path.

The more amusing option would be for Congress to get it's sergeant at arms to imprison Snyder, but sadly that hasn't happened since 1934.

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I just don't think it'll reach that point due to my overriding theory about everything; Snyder will go scorched earth on everyone and everything he can if the rest of the owners kick him out

This where I’ve been all along.

Dan is a lot of things and near the top of the list is - spiteful.

He’s the type to spend every last bit of the $5B he’d get for the team on hiring every investigator and lawyer under the Sun to battle 31 other owners who can collectively bankrupt him at that game.  

But I highly doubt most of the owners want to spend money on such an expense, while setting precedent that could also negatively impact  them down the road.

My only hope is for Dan to cry ‘uncle’ and opt to take the money and run. I know that’s a pipe dream, but it sure feels like a vote where the majority of owners vote to remove him seems even more of a long shot.  That is unless the new investigation unveils enough to gain more steam and force their hand.  I just don’t think it will be anything that drastic.

Man, folks need to retake 7th grade civics class! Congress, the legislative branch, can pass laws. The executive branch, at the direction of the President, enforces laws.  Interesting for all the alleged malfeasance there's been not a word out of the DOJ. Congress could ask the DOJ to pursue an investigation on Snyder for refusing to comply with a subpoena. I suspect he's trying to run out the clock. We'll see how he manages the game clock

• Thumb up 1

26 minutes ago, Conn said:

Was there ever any acknowledgement from Finley about that recording he was on, or did that just slip away among everything else that’s been talked about in the last week

Not that I’ve seen. I’m surprised he didn’t talk about it on the WFT podcast episode from Thursday. He must’ve heard that soundbyte by now, right? Not even a statement on twitter….

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Redskins Diehard said:

Man, folks need to retake 7th grade civics class! Congress, the legislative branch, can pass laws. The executive branch, at the direction of the President, enforces laws.  Interesting for all the alleged malfeasance there's been not a word out of the DOJ. Congress could ask the DOJ to pursue an investigation on Snyder for refusing to comply with a subpoena. I suspect he's trying to run out the clock. We'll see how he manages the game clock

I have an advanced degree in politics.  Its also what I do for a living.   Sadly, I've had some clients involved in some investigations, I even had to testify in court in one case.  I've not seen the DOJ in action but I've seen the FBI and state attorney in several cases.  In short, they tend to take their time.  Their strategy from what I observed involved is initially working around the subject.  That is, they like to accumulate evidence from witnesses.  In two cases, I was one of those witnesses.  And ultimately they take their time to go after the subject of their investigation.  As an attorney told me in one of those cases, by the time the investigators get to the subject and the subject knows they are in trouble, they want to have enough evidence already in hand that the case is already won.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I have an advanced degree in politics.  Its also what I do for a living.   Sadly, I've had some clients involved in some investigations, I even had to testify in court in one case.  I've not seen the DOJ in action but I've seen the FBI and state attorney in several cases.  In short, they tend to take their time.  Their strategy from what I observed involved is initially working around the subject.  That is, they like to accumulate evidence from witnesses.  In two cases, I was one of those witnesses.  And ultimately they take their time to go after the subject of their investigation.  As an attorney told me in one of those cases, by the time the investigators get to the subject and the subject knows they are in trouble, they want to have enough evidence already in hand that the case is already won.  

Correct. It is a good rule of thumb to not ask any questions during a subject interview that you don’t know the answers to already. That takes  time, sometimes longer than other times. You want to have at least one violation nailed down before questioning a subject. Of course there as exceptions depending on circumstances but those are not the norm. At some point in an interview you may go down a line of questioning in which you don’t know the answers but that is usually to get information that could lead to more subjects and/or a branch off investigation. 

• Like 1