Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Yeah, I don't really blame a bunch of 25-year old employees. This goes back to how poorly the organization is run. How hard is it for the man in charge (Jason Wright) to send an e-mail to all the important people in the organization and say: 

"All,

As a reminder, the NFL Commissioner is appearing in front of Congress today to address the ongoing allegations of workplace issues within our organization. Please help us continue with the culture improvement by being mindful of what you share via social media over the next several days, especially as it pertains to this organization. We want to reflect the Commanders and our employees in the most positive light blah blah blah..."

I suppose it's possible that happened and was ignored, but I doubt it. I think that girl has been with the team for a long time and I don't think that's because she doesn't do what she's told by company leadership. 

Dan supposedly couldn't testify because he was out of the country on "team business"

Does Jason Wright need to email everyone on Dan's Yacht about not flaunting having a good time on the Yacht on the same day that Congress is hearing serious testimony about the work environment culture -- same day Dan said he couldn't testify because he's preoccupied with "team business" with a supposed obligation he made a while back and couldn't extricate himself from.

You'd think they'd have some self awarness where they didn't need to hear from someone from across the pound about trying to cool it today.  But heck if they needed that kind of instruction, you'd figure it would have to come from the same dude that I gather was on the boat with them -- Dan. 

I agree its not the end of the world that they posted that day but yeah i don't fault Jason for not sending a mass email that day to tell their employees to cool it that day.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

The head of digital and global events are supposed to be in Cannes for a conference. Should they not be allowed to enjoy their time on a work trip, when they (the ones in the picture) aren’t the ones that are being subpoenaed for anything? I’m not the only one with this opinion. 

this just proves people will whine about anything. Just ridiculous. 

Does your knees ever hurt?

Asking for a friend 

HTTR!

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Dan supposedly couldn't testify because he was out of the country on "team business"

Does Jason Wright need to email everyone on Dan's Yacht about not flaunting having a good time on the Yacht on the same day that Congress is hearing serious testimony about the work environment culture -- same day Dan said he couldn't testify because he's preoccupied with "team business" with a supposed obligation he made a while back and couldn't extricate himself from.

You'd think they'd have some self awarness where they didn't need to hear from someone from across the pound about trying to cool it today.  But heck if they needed that kind of instruction, you'd figure it would have to come from the same dude that I gather was on the boat with them -- Dan. 

I agree its not the end of the world that they posted that day but yeah i don't fault Jason for not sending a mass email that day to tell their employees to cool it that day.  

You're talking about two different things...

Should every good employee have enough professional acumen to demonstrate that self awareness on their own? Of course. But organizations are full of humans and humans aren't perfect. The good organizations led by good leaders don't leave those things to chance. For 22-23 years now, the Washington Redskins/Football Team/Commanders don't take that extra step to make sure their people understand what (not) to do. Organizations like the Steelers, Ravens, Giants, and Eagles generally do. 

People could still go rogue, of course. And we've seen plenty of knucklehead players come through those organizations. But we haven't seen the backlash or the circus persist when those things hit those teams because they generally know what they're doing at the top levels. 

I do blame Wright...because it's his job to keep the troops in check. Otherwise, you don't really need a team president. Other people are handling day-to-day tasks, so he's essentially there to set the culture and make sure the people don't step in ****. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, I don't really blame a bunch of 25-year old employees. This goes back to how poorly the organization is run. How hard is it for the man in charge (Jason Wright) to send an e-mail to all the important people in the organization and say: 

"All,

As a reminder, the NFL Commissioner is appearing in front of Congress today to address the ongoing allegations of workplace issues within our organization. Please help us continue with the culture improvement by being mindful of what you share via social media over the next several days, especially as it pertains to this organization. We want to reflect the Commanders and our employees in the most positive light blah blah blah..."

I suppose it's possible that happened and was ignored, but I doubt it. I think that girl has been with the team for a long time and I don't think that's because she doesn't do what she's told by company leadership. 

Dan probably read the mail from Jason then took the pix himself.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Jason is on the trip to Cannes. He could have simply told them to don’t post anything from the yacht minutes after the statement about culture change was issued. Jason is a fraud. 

19 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Some of y’all have never heard the term boondoggle before and it shows. 

I have, and the work trip isn’t pointless. It’s an annual conference, Jackie is supposed to go every year, kinda in the job description for global & digital events. 

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Lots of crying over… “sour milk” in here :ols:

Ill be here all season. Unless someone bans me for being entirely too hilarious.

I think I can give you the good news that you’re safe, sir!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Not sure how that post shows that I’m “on my knees”, but ok. Sorry I don’t feel the need to whine about EVERY thing this team does. 

Actually,  you don't whine at all. I think you misunderstood.  Let me help you out....ahem...between you and your dad, you can't see anything but positive vibes from Snyder.

In fact, anytime one of us posters disparage him, here you come to save the day.

So, you shouldn't be surprised that you catch heat from us more level headed fans that see that assmunch for who he really is. If you don't like it, post less and you won't open yourself up to scrutiny.  Just saying.

Either that, or wear knee pads.

From a friend. 

HTTR!

Edited by skinsfan4128
  • Thanks 3

You're talking about two different things...

Should every good employee have enough professional acumen to demonstrate that self awareness on their own? Of course. But organizations are full of humans and humans aren't perfect. The good organizations led by good leaders don't leave those things to chance. For 22-23 years now, the Washington Redskins/Football Team/Commanders don't take that extra step to make sure their people understand what (not) to do. Organizations like the Steelers, Ravens, Giants, and Eagles generally do. 

People could still go rogue, of course. And we've seen plenty of knucklehead players come through those organizations. But we haven't seen the backlash or the circus persist when those things hit those teams because they generally know what they're doing at the top levels. 

I do blame Wright...because it's his job to keep the troops in check. Otherwise, you don't really need a team president. Other people are handling day-to-day tasks, so he's essentially there to set the culture and make sure the people don't step in ****. 

Disagree 100% but to each their own.  I've worked for organizations as i am sure many else have here and I've been my own boss as I am now. 

Managing what employees do randomly on instagram isn't something that I can recall ever getting email or personal reminders about.  And I work in a very public position. 

You got to have some common sense with things that you make public when you work for a public organization.  If basic common sense escapes you -- you get warned and if it becomes a pattern you get fired.

Not saying these people should get fired.  I don't think its a major transgression.  it's a minor one.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

If a sewage pipe breaks and leaks near a sour milk soaked carpet, does anyone actually smell the milk? 

Depends, vanilla ice cream around anywhere?

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

If a sewage pipe breaks and leaks near a sour milk soaked carpet, does anyone actually smell the milk? 

But really, I just want us all to have a happy thanksgiving…

Ps: what other owner in sports provides all these tremendous moments that are so memeable? Memiable? Memable? What’s the proper spelling for “to be memed”?

Edited by KDawg
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Depends, vanilla ice cream around anywhere?

But really, I just want us all to have a happy thanksgiving…

Ps: what other owner in sports provides all these tremendous moments that are so memeable? Memiable? Memable? What’s the proper spelling for “to be memed”?

The term you're reaching for is "memephilic"

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

Jason is on the trip to Cannes. He could have simply told them to don’t post anything from the yacht minutes after the statement about culture change was issued. Jason is a fraud. 

Bruce embodied the Dan culture, he was perfect for the Redskins culture at the time.  He embodied smugness, sleaze and incompetence.  Jason comes off too nice -- he's like an odd outlier in the Dan sphere just like Lafemina did.  I doubt Jason will want to hang here forever so I gather you will get your wish and Dan will find someone who is more like Bruce.

I feel the same way about Rivera.  Rivera doesn't really fit the Dan culture.  Outlier.  Ultimately, Dan will get a coach that embodies his culture better. 

I think Dan deserves a Team President that reflects his personality and a coach for that matter, too.  Karma I think eventually will kick in and make that a reality. 

39 minutes ago, skinsfan4128 said:

Actually,  you don't whine at all.

Let me help you out....ahem...between you and your dad, you can't see anything but positive vibes from Snyder.

In fact, anytime one of us posters disparage him, here you come to save the day.

So, you shouldn't be surprised that you catch heat from us more level headed fans that see that assmunch for who he really is. If you don't like it, post less and you won't open yourself up to scrutiny.  Just saying.

Either that, or wear knee pads.

From a friend. 

HTTR!

1) no, you’d be wrong about that. I do, when it’s needed 

2) I’ve said a fair amount of negative things about the owner. Heck, my own father shares negative stories about snyders douchiness all the time, so again, wrong. 

Try again. 

5 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

1) no, you’d be wrong about that. I do, when it’s needed 

2) I’ve said a fair amount of negative things about the owner. Heck, my own father shares negative stories about snyders douchiness all the time, so again, wrong. 

Try again. 

To be fair, and it’s not my convo but it’s public so why not:

1) you’ve been a lot better recently. Have slowed down a bit and aren’t commenting or reacting to literally every post you didn’t like, which has been nice.

2) You probably don’t feel like it’s the case because you live with your internal dialogue and you know what you think. But you really do come across as being a big time supporter of the owner. Which… fine… everyone makes their choices in life. But you’re saying you’re not really here… but that’s not how it comes across.

Not trying to flame you here or get you on your heels. Just want to share an outside perspective. 

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, KDawg said:

To be fair, and it’s not my convo but it’s public so why not:

1) you’ve been a lot better recently. Have slowed down a bit and aren’t commenting or reacting to literally every post you didn’t like, which has been nice.

2) You probably don’t feel like it’s the case because you live with your internal dialogue and you know what you think. But you really do come across as being a big time supporter of the owner. Which… fine… everyone makes their choices in life. But you’re saying you’re not really here… but that’s not how it comes across.

Not trying to flame you here or get you on your heels. Just want to share an outside perspective. 

Thank you. That was a very appreciated perspective.

I’d say I’m about a 50/50 on my support. There are things I hate about how the guy has ran things, and there are a few (not all, I’ll admit that) stories that come out that I feel i know the truth about and I usually feel like sharing information. I get it though, not everyone is going to take that in a positive way.

I agree about how toxic the organization has been ran under his ownership and I agree with most here that the team would have a much better chance at becoming a winning team again if Snyder sells (whether on his own or by force). I also hate what Snyder has done to the fanbase, and if a new owner is what it would take to get fans back, that’s very fine with me. 

(Also sidenote, you have no idea the amount of restraint it takes me to not hand out thumbs downs to posts I disagree with 😂

*Also FWIW, seems my dads on the opposite side of me about the picture thing. He says Jackie should have more sensitivity and realize the media and fans are going to be looking at everything you do on social media on a day like yesterday*

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1