Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

14 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Just a minute.

Say Bezos get approved as owner for the fall meetings. My guess he would have his own people in by January and they would likely move on from Ron. He will want his own coach.

I know you’re obsessed with scenarios where Rivera is replaced lol, but he’s just about the best transitional culture coach (who isn’t controversial and is well-respected) that you could ask for so you could easily see him stick around for a year or two as everything above him changes rapidly, or even longer if he actually wins—especially if Wentz works out, of course. 

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Conn said:

I know you’re obsessed with scenarios where Rivera is replaced lol, but he’s just about the best transitional culture coach (who isn’t controversial and is well-respected) that you could ask for so you could easily see him stick around for a year or two as everything above him changes rapidly, or even longer if he actually wins—especially if Wentz works out, of course. 

I really like Ron. If bezos buys the team Ron is toast. Bezos is all about analytics. That’s why Tepper  fired Aron as well. The new stadium will be ridiculously amazing as a consolation.

2 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

No wonder nobody goes to the games anymore. When the owner literally steals thousands of dollars from each of the teams most loyal fans it might come back to bite him in the ass later on.

To be fair, the Cowboys fans are the most consistent to show up. 

Edited by SoCalSkins

A.J. Perez (@byajperez) Tweeted:
NEW: At least one subpoena went out today to somebody with knowledge of the Commanders’ finances, source tells @FOS. https://t.co/CcsZtJBn29

We could soon know the “why” this was done, potentially connecting a lot of the allegations that are already out there — and some I’m still trying to confirm — directly to Snyder. Going back to my story nearly two weeks ago  ⬇️ https://t.co/PP34NUhTnF https://t.co/OkvO38HRdV

@TomManatos @NFL And that means the cap was wrong for multiple seasons. That fallout could be worse for the NFL than owners losing out one some money.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

And to be clear, I’d sacrifice Ron and every player on this team to get rid of Snyder—I just think any new owner would change everything else first in year one and give Rivera a chance with the roster since he’s a good communicator and a team player who handles the media and the spotlight well and is about as uncontroversial as it gets. 

The main reason to support Rivera being here anyways is bc he’s by far the best Snyder can do at this juncture and at least he’s a good guy who seems to be good enough at holding Snyder off to run his own program. If Snyder wasn’t in the equation, in a vacuum Rivera isn’t my kind of coach at all, he’s a well-meaning dinosaur. So I’m good either way. If a new owner started with a stud GM hire and cleaned house I’d be ecstatic. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

Then he would be following in Snyder's footsteps which is covered in dog crap.

When team gets sold; the current coach is on borrowed time unless he’s consistently winning.

Ron doesn’t fit that category. Eventually, Ron will be let go as Bezos will want his own guy.

I would expect a complete cleaning house. Bezos will want his own people top down throughout the entire organization. Everyone will be replaced, eventually. Just depends on when he bought the team but within a year; the organization will be completely different and that likely includes coaching.

24 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Just a minute.

Say Bezos get approved as owner for the fall meetings. My guess he would have his own people in by January and they would likely move on from Ron. He will want his own coach.

Maybe this is the real reason Rivera has been so open about needing to win this year.

8 minutes ago, Conn said:

You nailed it here.

I think I need to take a timeout from this thread though, it's feeling like a lot of chicken counting.  Stay medium!

• Like 1

Frosh, Maryland’s attorney general, called the way the team was described as dealing with season ticket holders “troubling.”

“If what Mr. Friedman described is accurate,” Frosh said in an interview, “it could be a violation of Maryland’s Consumer Protection Act.”

Frosh said he first saw the letter outlining the allegations Tuesday, after The Post’s article was published. Any subsequent investigation by his office would not be publicly announced, he said.

Frosh said how the consumer protection laws apply would depend on the structure of the contract with ticket holders. But, “in general, you don’t just get to keep the deposit because your relationship with the customer has changed,” he said.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

As far as I’m aware club seats aren’t subject to revenue sharing. 

legal trouble, maybe

buy idk why the league would care. 

17 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

We sure about that?  I'm not convinced hed start with that, but am convinced he end with it to get it done.

He had to borrow money from the NFL as well as get a waiver from them on debt load just to buy out his partners. 

he can’t afford a stadium by himself. Whether he owns the land or not. 

4 minutes ago, tshile said:

He had to borrow money from the NFL as well as get a waiver from them on debt load just to buy out his partners. 

Think he was talking about Bezos in a hypothetical here...

6 minutes ago, tshile said:

Bezos?

$180 billion net worth Jeff Bezos?

Sofi stadium is the most expensive stadium in the NFL, that was only $5 billion to build, the new Cowboys stadium in Arlington cost $1.5 billion by comparison.

25 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Frosh, Maryland’s attorney general, called the way the team was described as dealing with season ticket holders “troubling.”

“If what Mr. Friedman described is accurate,” Frosh said in an interview, “it could be a violation of Maryland’s Consumer Protection Act.”

Frosh said he first saw the letter outlining the allegations Tuesday, after The Post’s article was published. Any subsequent investigation by his office would not be publicly announced, he said.

Frosh said how the consumer protection laws apply would depend on the structure of the contract with ticket holders. But, “in general, you don’t just get to keep the deposit because your relationship with the customer has changed,” he said.

And this my friends is as they say at Wimbledon, "Game, set, and match."...

“...it could be a violation of Maryland’s Consumer Protection Act...”

And as our beloved First "Lady" Tanya Snyder would say..."Taaa Daaa!"

And as I would immediately respond to her, "Queue the bucket of pigs blood so that we can treat our First "Lady" to the full Carrie effect...

image.png.51b8fec2e1d299546ec1052dfb6ad059.png

"A Nighmare On Snyder Street" coming soon to a football team near you.

Rated PG-13 for sexual exploitation of cheerleaders, financial fraud and other miscreant behavior.

• Haha 1