Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

28 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

This is where I am. I get the mistakes. I get why people are upset with them. But the ones that loathe him also refuse to look at the good hes done as well. And as you said this was an absolutely  massive under taking with the amount of things going on at once. How many franchises have ever had to deal with the amount of stuff at once that this franchise is dealing with. Its an impossible task. Like I said I get why people can be upset. But crapping all over him and calling him incompetent is ridiculous. Also calling the man a liar and his integrity into question without any proof or having ever talked to the man or knowing his thoughts is uncalled for to me. Id like to see what he can do when he's not having to deal with everything at one time and as he gains more experience.

I guess where we depart is at 'all the good he's done as well'.  Sure, the top of the org is more diverse than ever before - but that had to happen, in fact - it seems as if that was mandated as his #1 priority.  That's about where the buck stops though as far as what good he's done from all I can see.  Part of his gig is to pee on us and tell us it's raining - so I don't know if I'd consider it outright lying, as much as I would him using jargon and corporate mumbo jumbo to talk in circles around certain things.  But again - that really is part of the job here, and not something I hold him personally accountable for.  Basically I don't think he deserves vitriol or praise, he's just sorta there doing a job not many others would desire to do.

I'd also point to @purbeast post a few ahead of this one as blunders that he's directly responsible for in one way or another.  You're free to disagree those are blunders but I think the general concensus is that they were blunders and embarrassing, to the point it was really like 'wow, this appears to be satire'.  That's not even debatable to me.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1

Not a big fan of Wright, he doesn’t appear to be completely in tune with the fanbase.

However, if you work on the premise he was a league hire, then his remit here is probably to keep a lid on Dan, keep the ship steady, whilst also driving through change that is balanced between what we want and with what the league want in terms of how they want this team marketed moving forward. 

So that greater league driven influence is undermining some of our views, perhaps.

5 minutes ago, purbeast said:

- lie about misdirection 

This is so overplayed.  He was asked about leaking the name through trademark registration and said there would have to be some misdirection.  Registering in Trinidad & Tobago, which they did, could be misdirection.  Registering social media accounts under decoy names in addition to Commanders, which they did, could be misdirection.  For some reason people want to treat this boring answer to a boring question like he promised some kind of amazing magic trick.  

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, RedDawn said:

This is so overplayed.  He was asked about leaking the name through trademark registration and said there would have to be some misdirection.  Registering in Trinidad & Tobago, which they did, could be misdirection.  Registering social media accounts under decoy names in addition to Commanders, which they did, could be misdirection.  For some reason people want to treat this boring answer to a boring question like he promised some kind of amazing magic trick.  

Overplayed?  It was literally 1 bullet point out of like a dozen that I listed.  No matter how you want to justify it, he still made a stupid comment about it and should have just never said anything about it.

EDIT:

Take it out of my list if you want, it doesn't change the other things I would have done different.

Edited by purbeast
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

This is where I am. I get the mistakes. I get why people are upset with them. But the ones that loathe him also refuse to look at the good hes done as well. And as you said this was an absolutely  massive under taking with the amount of things going on at once. How many franchises have ever had to deal with the amount of stuff at once that this franchise is dealing with. Its an impossible task. Like I said I get why people can be upset. But crapping all over him and calling him incompetent is ridiculous. Also calling the man a liar and his integrity into question without any proof or having ever talked to the man or knowing his thoughts is uncalled for to me. Id like to see what he can do when he's not having to deal with everything at one time and as he gains more experience.

What is the list of “all the good he has done?”

7 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Overplayed?  It was literally 1 bullet point out of like a dozen that I listed.  No matter how you want to justify it, he still made a stupid comment about it and should have just never said anything about it.

EDIT:

Take it out of my list if you want, it doesn't change the other things I would have done different.

It wasn't a response to your list or even a defense of Wright.  It's just that this misdirection complaint keeps coming up and I think it always misses the point. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Herein lies one of the several issues with kicking Snyder out...

Why? The precedent? I agree if the reason he's being voted out is some "zero tolerance" situation. But if combine the two decades of misconduct along with the more immediate accusations against Dan himself, that's not the same as Dallas having two incidents against some other guy in the organization. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ball Security said:

Alright here goes. 

- season ticket sales are on the rise believe it or not. You can say thats not on him but those are people he hired and put in place. 

- we have probably the most diverse executive group in the league. 

-by all reports the working culture inside the building has greatly improved which was priority #1 

-we have three municipalities fighting over us to put the stadium there. No one wanted to touch us two years ago some has to do with name a lot to do with Dan. 

-hes engaged with fans and media even when he knows hes going to get crapped on. 

-he has been very engaging with fans behind the scenes. 

-the slashing of prices of club level and other premium seats to make them more affordable. Also including food/beverage and parking with the purchase of club level. as well as going to an 11 month pay structure to make it more affordable for every day fans to afford. 

- the creation of new membership levels with new incentives that come with said membership levels at no extra charge to STHs so that they feel like they are actually getting their moneys worth.

-replacing those godawful seats in the club this offseason

-giving season ticket holders options of free gear the day of the reveal 

-the park n party, the swag bags with the free gear, going out into the area with former players and giving out free gear, sending out gear to fans on twitter not in the area and couldn't make it to the park n party. 

-the new pick your seat event with special things for the fans throughout the day

-the promise of more free fan events to be more engaging with the fan base 

-including native american focus groups in the process for the name change and then those focus groups coming out saying for once they felt like the organization was being honest for once. 

You think Dan had anything to do with any of this? Oh and hes done this while having to deal with a rebrand no one really wanted and a man baby breathing down his neck that is constantly crapping all over himself and doesnt want him there. 

32 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

vouyerism is a lot different than touching and taking passports to force someone to do something they don’t want to.

unfortunately, I too think Dan survives this. In fact, all over twitter that don’t know all the ins and outs of what is going on with Dan are just yelling cancel culture 🙄

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Why? The precedent? I agree if the reason he's being voted out is some "zero tolerance" situation. But if combine the two decades of misconduct along with the more immediate accusations against Dan himself, that's not the same as Dallas having two incidents against some other guy in the organization. 

Nah I think its more of you wonder where exactly espn got those documents and how much knowledge other owners had. especially a little midget that wants to be just like ole jerruh.

32 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Alright here goes. 

- season ticket sales are on the rise believe it or not. You can say thats not on him but those are people he hired and put in place. 

-by all reports the working culture inside the building has greatly improved which was priority #1 

-we have three municipalities fighting over us to put the stadium there. No one wanted to touch us two years ago some has to do with name a lot to do with Dan. 

-hes engaged with fans and media even when he knows hes going to get crapped on. 

-the slashing of prices of club level and other premium seats to make them more affordable. Also including food/beverage and parking with the purchase of club level. as well as going to an 11 month pay structure to make it more affordable for every day fans to afford. 

- the creation of new membership levels with new incentives that come with said membership levels at no extra charge to STHs so that they feel like they are actually getting their moneys worth.

-the park n party, the swag bags with the free gear, going out into the area with former players and giving out free gear, sending out gear to fans on twitter not in the area and couldn't make it to the park n party. 

-the new pick your seat event with special things for the fans throughout the day

-including native american focus groups in the process for the name change and then those focus groups coming out saying for once they felt like the organization was being honest for once. 

You think Dan had anything to do with any of this? Oh and hes done this while having to deal with a rebrand no one really wanted and a man baby breathing down his neck that is constantly crapping all over himself and doesnt want him there. 

Do you think the firing of the cheerleaders over Twitter should be put on this list?  How about sending a tweet of Santa pissing on the Cowboy’s logo then doubling down by telling fans who criticized him that they just need to chill.  Do you think those are good looks by the team President?

I was happy that Donaldson got hired.  I liked her work on NBC Washington.  But can we honestly say that the radio broadcast is better?  

And whatever they are doing on the sidelines replacing the cheerleaders is pretty embarrassing (And I am of the opinion that removing the cheerleaders, but they way they went about it was BS).

He’s the public face of the business side of the franchise and he has had four pretty big gaffes in two years.

I do give him credit for trying to be more open with the fans.  But he does disappear when the going gets tough like the Sean Taylor memorial debacle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ball Security said:

Haven't been following this thread, but I do remember that Snyder was the first NFL owner to send direct support to Haiti after a major natural disaster. I think he has used Redskins1 more than a few times to rush aid.

Mind you, I think that doesn't negate all the bad he's done, but it's just something I seem to remember.

57 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Let's just fire them both... deal?

🙏🙏🙏

10 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Haven't been following this thread, but I do remember that Snyder was the first NFL owner to send direct support to Haiti after a major natural disaster. I think he has used Redskins1 more than a few times to rush aid.

Mind you, I think that doesn't negate all the bad he's done, but it's just something I seem to remember.

The list isn’t about Snyder, it’s a list of Jason Wright (or Jason Wrong, whichever one you choose) 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I think the finger pointing will at least tie things up in court.

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Honestly, that kind of stuff probably happens throughout the whole NFL, it would be stupid to deny it.

And it's also not isolated to the NFL.

And that's definately not the same thing as what happened within this team. Here is just a random guy with some voyeurism trouble that should have been fired when that happened.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Do you think the firing of the cheerleaders over Twitter should be put on this list?  How about sending a tweet of Santa pissing on the Cowboy’s logo then doubling down by telling fans who criticized him that they just need to chill.  Do you think those are good looks by the team President?

I was happy that Donaldson got hired.  I liked her work on NBC Washington.  But can we honestly say that the radio broadcast is better?  

And whatever they are doing on the sidelines replacing the cheerleaders is pretty embarrassing (And I am of the opinion that removing the cheerleaders, but they way they went about it was BS).

He’s the public face of the business side of the franchise and he has had four pretty big gaffes in two years.

I do give him credit for trying to be more open with the fans.  But he does disappear when the going gets tough like the Sean Taylor memorial debacle.

I had absolutely no problem with the santa peeing on the cowboys logo it was hilarious and part of what made this rivalry great. And it wasnt twitter it was zoom and yeah it was messed up and done by Chris Bloyer who get this is no longer with the team 😱. Again i didnt like the way the Sean Taylor thing was handled I said but what exactly did you want him to do when you say he disappeared? He apologized for it and moved on? Did you want him on his hands and knees in the media begging for forgiveness? Did you want him to go on every local radio station apologizing and explaining himself just so he could be called a liar anyways? And its been stated earlier in this thread that he's been upset because he hasnt had the power he was led to believe he would. So the other question in this entire thing is how much of the mistakes we attribute to him are little midget boy in the background that Jason is really having to fall on the sword for?

1 hour ago, Est.1974 said:

Not a big fan of Wright, he doesn’t appear to be completely in tune with the fanbase.

However, if you work on the premise he was a league hire, then his remit here is probably to keep a lid on Dan, keep the ship steady, whilst also driving through change that is balanced between what we want and with what the league want in terms of how they want this team marketed moving forward. 

So that greater league driven influence is undermining some of our views, perhaps.

Wright didn’t take the time to learn about. the team about the Redskins. What’s important to them.

Hell, Doug works there; could’ve ask him.

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I think me meant something along the lines of "this is just what we've found about so far." The theory that vile stuff like what occurred with this team probably occurs in a significant percentage of teams grows more valid with stuff like this coming out (and Richardson and Jon Gruden and....).

12 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

I had absolutely no problem with the santa peeing on the cowboys logo it was hilarious and part of what made this rivalry great. And it wasnt twitter it was zoom and yeah it was messed up and done by Chris Bloyer who get this is no longer with the team 😱. Again i didnt like the way the Sean Taylor thing was handled I said but what exactly did you want him to do when you say he disappeared? He apologized for it and moved on? Did you want him on his hands and knees in the media begging for forgiveness? Did you want him to go on every local radio station apologizing and explaining himself just so he could be called a liar anyways? And its been stated earlier in this thread that he's been upset because he hasnt had the power he was led to believe he would. So the other question in this entire thing is how much of the mistakes we attribute to him are little midget boy in the background that Jason is really having to fall on the sword for?

Didn’t he used to do a weekly letter to the fans or something like that? And then put that on pause after that.  That’s what I mean about disappearing.  

I do give him credit for lowering prices to the stadium, though he is missing an opportunity to promote that fans can get doused with sewage if they pick the right section.

Edited by Ball Security
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Alright here goes. 

Jason , you posting here?

Anything Jason is doing; it’s under orders from the nfl. 

If Dan remains the owner; he’ll undo everything Jason did once Jason is gone.

If the team is sold, the new owner will bring his people and probably undo some of what Jason has done.

Heck, a new owner while probably not changing the name; will probably redesign the uniforms and logo and maybe even ditch burgundy and gold.

• Like 1