Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

The former minority owners had been unsuccessfully trying to sell so it appears that Dan was forced to make a market (you can't sell, your true asset value is near 0). He financed about half this purchase via debt (don't know WFT's debt situation before this). This is probably the best strategy the NFL has to dump Dan (remember, probably half the owners could be accused of similar misdeeds as Dan is accused of and some of them are probably guilty).

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Peregrine said:

There is literally nothing more relevant to the Washington Football Team, and to its success, than Dan Snyder.

I probably could have used a better word than relevant. I think a lot of people are asking for a new owner, much like we ask for a different QB thinking its going to magically turn the franchise around (only to see him get injured, bust or out right leave - can you name them? Lol).

Hell, Bezos could come in here and decide its a better profit opportunity to change the colors, name and move the team to Dubai for all we know. But in all seriousness, the grass is always...(you know the rest). That in essence is what I mean by irrelevant. Now with that said, Dan needs to STFU when it comes to football decisions. He's been here long enough to understand that. Plus I think for the first time in a while, we have coach in Ron that commands the team. I really think if we were to get another owner, we'd be starting over again, unless that owner has an NFL background. IMO, a newbie owner would be heavily involved with football decisions early on (inherently IMO). He may be doing it just to learn. For instance, He may say, hey I like that running back. And Bam, the organization will spend time looking into that player based off the owner thinking out loud. So I think we need to be careful what we wish for.

Ron spoke today about how he appreciated the support of the owner (7:50 mark). That coming from Ron speaks volumes to me since Ron has been nothing but transparent. Now with the being said, I'm sure Ron will speak on it if a football decision is made unilaterally by the owner as well. But I think Haskins was the last.

Edited by joeken24
add

43 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Ron talking nice about his boss doesn’t really move the needle for me.  No different than when Gibbs does it.

I also don’t think they are lying, I’m sure for them dealing with Dan is fine.  

Yeah I can't think of a coach in Snyder's entire time here who didn't say nice things about the owner while they were employed.  When its badly, as is has virtually every single time, their opinion changes.  Ron's words mean nothing.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan

45 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Ron talking nice about his boss doesn’t really move the needle for me.  No different than when Gibbs does it.

Who else deals with Dan? I am almost certain no one in this group deals with Dan. I'm not even sure the media deals with Dan. I am almost inclined to think it is the reason the media attacks him so much. To me, a lot of what we hear is speculation and/or definitely one side of the story. And its very easy to align yourself when the team is losing. Right now, the greatest coach of all times is being minimized as being just a coach that was lucky to have Brady as his QB. We'll see where that narrative goes if they don't get back to that level of play. Because rest assured, the media will shift on Belichick's interview shenanigans if they begin losing. 

Fact: The media is probably the most skitzo organization on planet earth. Unfortunately, they're our only source for information.

**** 'em. And in that ****-ism, I take news about Dan with a grain. Like I said years ago...Dan personally stopped by a needy family I know and gave them gifts for Christmas. Plus I know business failures are learning opportunities. So even if it takes a few bruises to see success, keep going. It is the reason, I'm not looking for this owner to leave/quit knowing the next will have failures early on. I ain't got time for that ****. Kraft got lucky. Just think about the media **** storm Kraft would have gotten from the hooker incident if his team had our record.

Bottom line: This is a multi-billion dollar business with lots of egos, narcissism, backstabbing, and power plays. There are no villains. Its all business that just happens to have a football game attached to it. 

Edited by joeken24
add
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

Who else deals with Dan? I am almost certain no one in this group deals with Dan. I'm not even sure the media deals with Dan. I am almost inclined to think it is the reason the media attacks him so much. To me, a lot of what we hear is speculation and/or definitely one side of the story. And its very easy to align yourself when the team is losing. Right now, the greatest coach of all times is being minimized as being just a coach that was lucky to have Brady as his QB. We'll see where that narrative goes if they don't get back to that level of play.

Fact: The media is probably the most skitzo organization on planet earth. Unfortunately, they're our only source for information.

**** 'em. And in that ****-ism, I take news about Dan with a grain. Like I said years ago...Dan personally stopped by a needy family I know and gave them gifts for Christmas. Plus I know business failures are learning opportunities. So even if it takes a few bruises to see success, keep going. It is the reason, I'm not looking for this owner to leave/quit knowing the next will have failures early on. I ain't got time for that ****. Kraft got lucky.

Bottom line: This is a multi-billion dollar business with lots of egos, narcissism, backstabbing, and power plays. There are no villains. Its all business that just happens to have a football game attached to it. 

LOL.  Are you related to Snyder?  

I don't deal with Kim Jung Un either, but I have a pretty good idea what kind of man he is.  The media does not "deal with Dan" because Dan refused to talk to them.  So he donates to the needy.  I'm sure OJ loved puppies too, so what?  That does not undue all the terrible things Daniel Snyder has done, both to our team and to most everyone who comes in contact with him.

You think all those reports of how he is abusive to restaurant and hotel staff is just made up?  All the reports of the way he interacts with employees and the hostile workplace that has been in place his entire time here?   How about the 30 year season ticket holder who wanted to shake the hand of the new owner, only to be pushed aside by his security and told "Mr Snyder does not like to be approached"  How many more people need to step up and give their stories do you need?  

Dan Snyder is a bad guy, most everyone knows this.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I don't deal with Kim Jung Un either, but I have a pretty good idea what the man is like.  The media does not "deal with Dan" because Dan refused to talk to them.  So he donates to charity. I'm sure OJ loved puppies too.  That does not undue all the terrible things Daniel Snyder has done, both to our team and to most everyone who comes in contact with him.

You think all those reports of how he is abusive to restaurant and hotel staff is just made up?  All the reports of the way he interacts with employees? How about the 30 year season ticket holder who wanted to shake the hand of the new owner, only to be pushed aside by his security and told "Mr Snyder does not like to be approached"

I'm sure you're a great guy based on your comments.

Many of you hate the term sheep. But.....

You read what you want to read. Dan giving gifts doesn't make him a great guy. But one sided, unverified speculative reports don't make him a bad one either. The biggest problem I see with the two that tend to respond to anything relating to Dan is their comparison. I mean OJ? Really? It really does speak to level of influence/brainwashing the media can have on a person. I recommend (ironically) to stay medium. You don't know anything about anyone outside of your circle. All you know is what you hear from a select group of people that are paid to keep you entertained or frustrated. They could give a **** about you being informed. 

But with all that said.....do you.

But to that, who would you like to see as owner and why? I'll answer it for you. It doesn't matter what you think.

Edited by joeken24
add

6 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

Many of you hate the term sheep. But.....

You read what you want to read. Dan giving gifts doesn't make him a great guy. But one sided, unverified speculative reports don't make him a bad one either. The biggest problem I see with the two that tend to respond to anything relating to Dan is their comparison. I mean OJ? Really? It really does speak to level of influence/brainwashing the media can have on a person. I recommend (ironically) to stay medium. You don't know anything about anyone outside of your circle. All you know is what you hear from a select group of people that are paid to keep you entertained or frustrated. They could give a **** about you being informed. 

But with all that said.....do you.

Please continue with your defense of Daniel Snyder, I find it entertaining.  Use the word "sheep" as often as possible as it really is an effective way to get your point across.  

Honest question:  Do you not have an opinion of people like Adolph Hitler, Charles Manson or Kim Jung Un?  Where did you get that opinion?  Did you meet them?  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Please continue with your defense of Daniel Snyder, I find it entertaining.  Use the word "sheep" as often as possible as it really is an effective way to get your point across.  

I am not defending Dan. I am defending free thought. There is always two sides to every story and the truth is rarely ever told by the media. You seem to allow the media to get you hook line and sinker into a particular mindset. I will apologize for using the term sheep since that seems to offend. I will simply say you strike me as a frequent follower. Again, do you. I never posted to change your mind or your battered teammate.

41 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Yeah I can't think of a coach in Snyder's entire time here who didn't say nice things about the owner while they were employed.  When its badly, as is has virtually every single time, their opinion changes.  Ron's words mean nothing.  

Veteran coaches--Schotty, Gibbs, even Shanahan sr.--all spoke highly of Dan after leaving. Shanahan even said it was Marty and Gibbs' praise of Dan that played a role in him taking the job (he had spoken to both before coming here). Guys like Turner, Spurrier, Zorn, and Gruden might be another matter.

Also, he's had to have had more than 7 head coaches, right? lol...

Edited by Califan007

4 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

I am not defending Dan. I am defending free thought. There is always two sides to every story and the truth is rarely ever told by the media. You seem to allow the media to get you hook line and sinker into a particular mindset. I will apologize for using the term sheep since that seems to offend. I will simply say you strike me as a frequent follower. Again, do you. I never posted to change your mind or your battered teammate.

You were too quick to respond to a thought I added a minute later.  So I'll repeat. Do you have an opinion of Adolph Hitler?  Where did you form that opinion seeing as you never met him?  

1 hour ago, joeken24 said:

I probably could have used a better word than relevant. I think a lot of people are asking for a new owner, much like we ask for a different QB thinking its going to magically turn the franchise around (only to see him get injured, bust or out right leave - can you name them? Lol).

Hell, Bezos could come in here and decide its a better profit opportunity to change the colors, name and move the team to Dubai for all we know. But in all seriousness, the grass is always...(you know the rest). That in essence is what I mean by irrelevant. Now with that said, Dan needs to STFU when it comes to football decisions. He's been here long enough to understand that. Plus I think for the first time in a while, we have coach in Ron that commands the team. I really think if we were to get another owner, we'd be starting over again, unless that owner has an NFL background. IMO, a newbie owner would be heavily involved with football decisions early on (inherently IMO). He may be doing it just to learn. For instance, He may say, hey I like that running back. And Bam, the organization will spend time looking into that player based off the owner thinking out loud. So I think we need to be careful what we wish for.

Ron spoke today about how he appreciated the support of the owner (7:50 mark). That coming from Ron speaks volumes to me since Ron has been nothing but transparent. Now with the being said, I'm sure Ron will speak on it if a football decision is made unilaterally by the owner as well. But I think Haskins was the last.

Forget the Dan part for now, this is a great Rivera conference to listen too.

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Veteran coaches--Schotty, Gibbs, even Shanahan sr.--all spoke highly of Dan after leaving. Shanahan een said it was Marty an Gibbs' praise of Dan that played a role in him taking the job. Guys like Turner, Spurrier, Zorn, and Gruden might be another matter.

Also, he's had to have had more than 7 head coaches, right? lol...

Are we talking about the same Mike Shanahan?  The same guy who was very critical of Snyder in his enablement of RGIII?  The guy who said "Dan could care less about the other positions".  

Just now, Darrell Green Fan said:

Are we talking about the same Mike Shanahan?  The same guy who was very critical of Snyder in his enablement of RGIII?  The guy who said "Dan could care less about the other positions".  

Notice I did not say they ONLY spoke highly of Snyder...and yes, he did praise Snyder and corrected some criticisms of him that were floating around. By the way, Shanahan spoke highly of RG3 when he was a free agent and personally recommended him as a good FA pickup to the Rams.

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Exactly. Dan is the consummate jock-sniffer. it's the other people, the ones he views as beneath him and not worthy of "looking him in the eye," that are the problem for him. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

You were too quick to respond to a thought I added a minute later.  So I'll repeat. Do you have an opinion of Adolph Hitler?  Where did you form that opinion seeing as you never met him?  

Again you are creating an argument in your own mind. Asking me if I have an opinion on Hitler speaks largely to your desire to win an argument. Further, my opinion on anything outside of what I speak on is none of your business. You really need to check you mindset. You're digging why out there. If I'm not mistaken, you're aligning Dan to Adolph and OJ (??). I'm done with you bro. You deal with whatever matter you have going on between your ears.

Edited by joeken24
add
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I don't deal with Kim Jung Un either, but I have a pretty good idea what kind of man he is.  The media does not "deal with Dan" because Dan refused to talk to them.  So he donates to the needy.  I'm sure OJ loved puppies too, so what?  That does not undue all the terrible things Daniel Snyder has done, both to our team and to most everyone who comes in contact with him.

You think all those reports of how he is abusive to restaurant and hotel staff is just made up?  All the reports of the way he interacts with employees and the hostile workplace that has been in place his entire time here?   How about the 30 year season ticket holder who wanted to shake the hand of the new owner, only to be pushed aside by his security and told "Mr Snyder does not like to be approached"  How many more people need to step up and give their stories do you need?  

You keep aligning yourself to one sided reports/stories. Do what you like. But I don't align myself with that ****. So stop trying to convince me to do otherwise. I've spent too much time at levels in a number of places all around the world to know how twisted **** gets when the media wants a narrative pushed. Not sure about your life experiences (although I don't care...at all). But you strike me as a closed minded individual. Its fine and no offense. But don't push that **** on me is all I'm sayin'. Stop trying to convince me to like or dislike Dan. But to that (and I keep saying), I don't give a **** about Dan. But I do care about thinking for my own damn self on all matters. Hint hint. That has been my point all along.

So a lone ticket holder gives an account of his/her experience trying to meet Dan....a starstruck person that didn't get the experience they expected? Really? To me, the ticket holder needs to just grow the **** up. Smh. But think about this......how does a random ticket holder end up telling a story about a handshaking incident with Dan - In a national column no less? Was the incident so egregious that it was news worthy? Or was the reporter looking for dirt? And through all of that, you never hear from Dan defending himself. You know why? Because grown folk know people are going to hate regardless. Time is too important to be worried about that ****.

See, you're the type of person politicians absolutely love. Fact is, there a lot of you(s). People who's thoughts and perceptions are easily manipulated. Its one of the the reasons teams have public relations. In fact, the 106.7, the WPs and TMZs of the world know about this select population. And they profit gloriously by giving you as much bull**** as possible. You jump on the bandwagon and the gossip, hater, sheep gods cheer in delight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, joeken24 said:

You keep aligning yourself to one sided reports/stories. Do what you like. But I don't align myself with that ****. So stop trying to convince me to do otherwise. I've spent too much time at levels in a number of places all around the world to know how twisted **** gets when the media wants a narrative pushed. Not sure about your life experiences (although I don't care...at all). But you strike me as a closed minded individual. Its fine and no offense. But don't push that **** on me is all I'm sayin'. Stop trying to convince me to like or dislike Dan. But to that (and I keep saying), I don't give a **** about Dan. But I do care about thinking for my own damn self on all matters. Hint hint. That has been my point all along.

So a lone ticket holder gives an account of his/her experience trying to meet Dan....a starstruck person that didn't get the experience they expected? Really? To me, the ticket holder needs to just grow the **** up. Smh. But think about this......how does a random ticket holder end up telling a story about a handshaking incident with Dan - In a national column no less? Was the incident so egregious that it was news worthy? Or was the reporter looking for dirt? And through all of that, you never hear from Dan defending himself. You know why? Because grown folk know people are going to hate regardless. Time is too important to be worried about that ****.

See, you're the type of person politicians absolutely love. Fact is, there a lot of you(s). People who's thoughts and perceptions are easily manipulated. Its one of the the reasons teams have public relations. In fact, the 106.7, the WPs and TMZs of the world know about this select population. And they profit gloriously by giving you as much bull**** as possible. You jump on the bandwagon and the gossip, hater, sheep gods cheer in delight.

Right, it's the fake sports news media and we're all sad little sheep that need to do our own research and pull our heads out of the sand to see they're just making Dan look bad. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3