Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

13 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

I’m saying Snyder may be terrible but we could end up with someone who doesn’t even care at all about the team and truly tried to milk the franchise for all its worth while not even attempting to be competitive at all.   Yes odds are we get a better owner if he sold but we absolutely could get worse.  He is a fan so he is invested in more ways than money even if the results don’t show it.  We could end up with someone who isn’t a fan and doesn’t care about being competitive.   That would be very frustrating.  No hope what so ever because you know you aren’t even trying to compete. 

Considering what he's done to the team over the last 20 years and what kind of person he's shown himself to be, I am ABSOLUTELY willing to take that "risk." I put it in quotes, because I don't think it's a risk at all. At this point, I find that like saying, "Consider whether or not you want to go outside today, because there's a chance a meteor could fall on you." That's about what I think the chances are of us somehow ending up with a worse owner than Snyder if he's ultimately forced to sell. I couldn't care less about how "invested" he is as a so-called "fan." None of that has done much of anything to turn us into a winning/respectable franchise, and any benefits we HAVE accrued as a result of his supposed "fandom" have been far outweighed by the absolute POS human being he's shown himself to be over and over and over again. 

If the day ever comes where he's ousted, which I think is a longshot, it will be a day to me that's right up there with the Super Bowl victories I was lucky enough to witness. Maybe even better. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

I’m saying Snyder may be terrible but we could end up with someone who doesn’t even care at all about the team and truly tried to milk the franchise for all its worth while not even attempting to be competitive at all.   Yes odds are we get a better owner if he sold but we absolutely could get worse.  He is a fan so he is invested in more ways than money even if the results don’t show it.  We could end up with someone who isn’t a fan and doesn’t care about being competitive.   That would be very frustrating.  No hope what so ever because you know you aren’t even trying to compete. 

In terms of winning/losing you're right. In terms of character, establishing a culture that could lead to winning, and being the top representative of my favorite team, I'm willing to bet that the odds are heavy in favor that we wouldn't find anyone worse.

• Like 1

One thought on the GM Search (pure speculation).  Although Rivera might prioritize familiarity, Snyder could push for Rick Smith (former Texans GM).  Especially if Smith could potentially help with Watson, who he originally moved up to draft, and now has a no-trade clause.  Schefter reported Snyder interviewed Smith when he was trying to decide how to replace Bruce, before ultimately pushing for Rivera. 

Not saying this will happen.  But it would feel like a traditional Snyder move.

2 hours ago, Califan007 said:

In terms of winning/losing you're right. In terms of character, establishing a culture that could lead to winning, and being the top representative of my favorite team, I'm willing to bet that the odds are heavy in favor that we wouldn't find anyone worse.

We get an owner who institutes an internal salary cap below the current max cap (which happens frequently with owners in other sports) and people here would be clamoring to have Snyder back.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

One thought on the GM Search (pure speculation).  Although Rivera might prioritize familiarity, Snyder could push for Rick Smith (former Texans GM).  Especially if Smith could potentially help with Watson, who he originally moved up to draft, and now has a no-trade clause.  Schefter reported Snyder interviewed Smith when he was trying to decide how to replace Bruce, before ultimately pushing for Rivera. 

Really don't think so.  If Snyder tried to make a move like that I think we will see RR resign!  JMO.  

1 hour ago, Andre The Giant said:

If it was just Snyder's decision then yeah, I think Smith would be at the top of the list.

FWIW, Smith's son will playing football at Maryland this fall.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

4 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Rivera probably getting close to $10M/yr lol ain't no way he resigns.

I don't think that RR is going to coach this team is Snyder meddles.  There will be a lot of teams out there in another year that would scoop up RR in a second!  

6 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Rivera probably getting close to $10M/yr lol ain't no way he resigns.

Don't know what RR is being paid annually but remember that RR cut Haskins.  You know Snyder wasn't happy.  Should be all you need to know as to who is in control of this team and is running it today.  If Snyder starts meddling I think RR says goodbye.  

10 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I don't think that RR is going to coach this team is Snyder meddles.  There will be a lot of teams out there in another year that would scoop up RR in a second!  

Don't know what RR is being paid annually but remember that RR cut Haskins.  You know Snyder wasn't happy.  Should be all you need to know as to who is in control of this team and is running it today.  If Snyder starts meddling I think RR says goodbye.  

Ron point blank said he talked with Dan about Haskins and he told him he was gonna bench him and Dan said do what you gotta do.  He said Dan never pressured him about Haskins and he supported his decisions either way. 

42 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Ron point blank said he talked with Dan about Haskins and he told him he was gonna bench him and Dan said do what you gotta do.  He said Dan never pressured him about Haskins and he supported his decisions either way. 

Yes, this is what I was trying to convey to Andre the Giant.  RR is in control of the team.  :)

4 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Yes, this is what I was trying to convey to Andre the Giant.  RR is in control of the team.  :)

i don’t think Dan would demand Ron hire Smith, but I could see him strongly suggesting he take a hard look at him.

Based on this season’s results, I think Dan will likely let Ron do what he wants.  But classic Snyder fixates on something and pushes.  Dan then needs to be convinced he’s wrong.  If Watson is really available, I could see Dan being all over it (and likely wouldn’t be wrong, depending on the acquisition cost).  I’ll be more confident Snyder has changed when I see it over a longer period of time.

39 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

i don’t think Dan would demand Ron hire Smith, but I could see him strongly suggesting he take a hard look at him.

Based on this season’s results, I think Dan will likely let Ron do what he wants.  But classic Snyder fixates on something and pushes.  Dan then needs to be convinced he’s wrong.  If Watson is really available, I could see Dan being all over it (and likely wouldn’t be wrong, depending on the acquisition cost).  I’ll be more confident Snyder has changed when I see it over a longer period of time.

Understand. :)

Extremely irritated that after a thorough, fairly far-reaching interview process it still seems like Rivera will pick a slug like Hurney that he’s comfortable with. That’s the danger of letting a HC with final say pick his own GM. Does he really want someone who challenges him like he says? Hard to say. I hope this doesn’t happen. Hurney is in no way the best option and it would pretty much cement that either 1. Rivera doesn’t know that which is it’s own problem or 2. Rivera wasn’t willing to give up enough power to draw the other, more deserving candidates.

Let’s hope Rapoport is just going off of past connections and isn’t actually plugged into this situation. Hurney is not good. 

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Does he really want someone who challenges him like he says? 

Well he hired Jack Del Rio instead of some lackey at DC. I think so.

But remember, Marty Hurney could mean Kyle Smith is getting groomed to take over in a few years. If we get one of the sexier names, Kyle will be out at some point.

8 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Well he hired Jack Del Rio instead of some lackey at DC. I think so.

But remember, Marty Hurney could mean Kyle Smith is getting groomed to take over in a few years. If we get one of the sexier names, Kyle will be out at some point.

Sounds like a good way to make ourselves feel better for a couple years and still be let down. Hiring Hurney over far more qualified and lauded candidates we’ve interviewed would really be the first black mark on Rivera’s record for me, but it would be difficult to come back from if he’s determined to play the cronyism game and get the CAR band back together. That would be hamstringing himself before he really even gets started here. 

And you’re right that the narrative on here to back such a poor move would absolutely be blind optimism that this means Kyle is the GM-in-waiting. 

We gotta stop treating every new HC here as a savior and judge them, coldly and fairly, on what they actually do. A Hurney hire here in anything other than an advisory non-GM role alongside a different, official GM hire would make me lose a lot of faith in Rivera. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Redwolves is my favorite of the bunch, but Jason Wright's comments about not having a "random ass bird" mascot seems to put this option to bed.  A wolf is as random as it gets.  

Not a fan of Redwolves myself, but yeah, when he said we're not going to be some " random ass bird ", it made me think we're not going to be some random ass dog, either.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, peanut0862 said:

Asking because I don't know, why don't we want  Hurney?

His drafting record is very spotty. First and second round success with poor results in every other round. Fired twice in Carolina. As long as Kyle stays, I see this as still Ron's show with everyone else their to support him.

• Like 1