Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

1 hour ago, veteranskinsfan said:

I want Kyle Smith to stay.  If they give him autonomy and money he could stay but he could also decide to leave at some point.  Ron has brought in

a lot of Carolina people and if they bring in a former Carolina GM then if I were Kyle I would exit stage left and thank Ron the for good memories of this season.

I really hope there is a way to keep him but I think it could be a 50-50 chance whether he stays or goes.  I am not just talking about staying one more year.

My goal would be to keep him for the long term at least for the next 4-5 years.   Every talent evaluator cannot hit on every pick.  In 2017, Howie Roseman hit

several home run draft picks that eventually led to a Super Bowl run.  But once his sidekick Joe Douglas left the front office his picks in subsequent years were dismal and hence the Eagles lousy record this year.  Eagles news media is finally starting to realize what happened and are finally reporting on it.

Record over the past 10 years. Not good. Kyle was heavily involved. Kyle’s name came up for the first time by Bruce Allen after an apparent good draft. That plug was a power move at best. Jus sayin

1 hour ago, joeken24 said:

Record over the past 10 years. Not good. Kyle was heavily involved. Kyle’s name came up for the first time by Bruce Allen after an apparent good draft. That plug was a power move at best. Jus sayin

Howie Roseman is no talent evaluator. He is a former accountant

I think Kyle is great but I wonder if we overrate him a bit. Two of the best day 2 finds post Scot have been Ioannidis and Holcomb. Gruden gets credit for both guys

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I think it comes down to Cowden and Schoen.  I think Schoen has the edge.  Schoen connections with Beane (GM of Bills) who is VERY good friends with RR.  

Cowden also has close history with Rivera. But those are the two you would ideally hope we are able to land from.

Chris Russell who nailed the Scot incident in advance, first by saying he's hearing rumblings, and then breaking the story first.  He also had the Doug hire first. 

Anyway, his sources to the FO machinations aren't bad.  He said on one of his shows towards the end of the week that he has two sources that he trusts implicitly tell him things are going to get wild soon -- time frame next week or two.  Doesn't sound like he knows what that is.  But I'd presume either FO or maybe the league weighs in on Dan?  Russell didn't say what so am just speculating this part. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, JoggingGod said:

Is that a joke? Compare the records of the two teams the past 5 years and get back to me.

No that’s not a joke. But drafting well doesn’t equate to wins. We’ve had far more going on here preventing wins than anything else. We’ve been more a victim of hurting ourselves more than helping. Hopefully that’s a painful past now. But I still believe that everything being equal I’d take our drafts against theirs. 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Chris Russell who nailed the Scot incident in advance, first by saying he's hearing rumblings, and then breaking the story first.  He also had the Doug hire first. 

Anyway, his sources to the FO machinations aren't bad.  He said on one of his shows towards the end of the week that he has two sources that he trusts implicitly tell him things are going to get wild soon -- time frame next week or two.  Doesn't sound like he knows what that is.  But I'd presume either FO or maybe the league weighs in on Dan?  Russell didn't say what so am just speculating this part. 

Gotta be Dan.  That story is far from resolved and I still think it ends in his removal.

I really have a hard time believing Ron or even Wright would walk into a situation like this without reasonable knowledge of what’s going on with the owner. I actually think this is the reenactment of what happened with the Maverick’s owner. Can you imagine the owner being removed, another owner coming in and deciding to clean house and bring in their own people? The NFL would have to disband this team based off the number of fans that would vomit and leave permanently.

3 hours ago, joeken24 said:

I really have a hard time believing Ron or even Wright would walk into a situation like this without reasonable knowledge of what’s going on with the owner. I actually think this is the reenactment of what happened with the Maverick’s owner. Can you imagine the owner being removed, another owner coming in and deciding to clean house and bring in their own people? The NFL would have to disband this team based off the number of fans that would vomit and leave permanently.

Uh, what do you think is going to happen if the Team gets a new owner?   The new owner will want his own people.   He will clean the front office first.  If Rivera is winning; he will be safe but if he's losing gone and eventually, the owner will want his own guy in there.

If we do eventually get a new owner; that owner will eventually clean house.

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Uh, what do you think is going to happen if the Team gets a new owner?   The new owner will want his own people.   He will clean the front office first.  If Rivera is winning; he will be safe but if he's losing gone and eventually, the owner will want his own guy in there.

If we do eventually get a new owner; that owner will eventually clean house.

I understand that is a reality. But I’m not sure if I want to deal with it. Sometimes owners go into cleanup mode even if the team is turning in the right direction. We could end up with the second coming of Dan too. Be careful what we wish for. It’s not like billionaires are hands off . Especially when they first take ownership.

Edited by joeken24
Add

16 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

I understand that is a reality. But I’m not sure if I want to deal with it. Sometimes owners go into cleanup mode even if the team is turning in the right direction. We could end up with the second coming of Dan too. Be careful what we wish for. It’s not like billionaires are hands off . Especially when they first take ownership.

We have one of the absolute worst owners in all of sports, worldwide. Period. He’s been a plague on this franchise for more than two decades and is still young enough to ruin things for the fandom until most of us die or quit watching. And even then the team will still be in his family. I’ll take my chances with a new owner and I’m willing to sacrifice absolutely anyone in the building or on the roster to do it, long term. Rivera and Wright seem great. Hopefully the GM that’s hired is as well. But they’re a blip in a potential 40 more years of ownership, potentially. I’d give them all up to watch this ****ing loser walk into the sunset. 

This is ignoring that I don’t think a new owner, if he’s a good businessman, is guaranteed to do any such thing. I’m simply saying that even if that was the case, it’s a trade I would make without hesitation. No matter how well it’s started, Rivera’s time here can be ruined with a SINGLE Snyder decision or intervention, and it was all for nothing. That’s the cold, brutal truth. No matter how well this organization shapes up, Snyder can ruin this at any time just by being the guy he’s proven to be for over 20 years. I’d trade anyone in this organization to get rid of that forever. Where do I sign? 

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

We have one of the absolute worst owners in all of sports, worldwide. Period. He’s been a plague on this franchise for more than two decades and is still young enough to ruin things for the fandom until most of us die or quit watching. And even then the team will still be in his family. I’ll take my chances with a new owner and I’m willing to sacrifice absolutely anyone in the building or on the roster to do it, long term. Rivera and Wright seem great. Hopefully the GM that’s hired is as well. But they’re a blip in a potential 40 more years of ownership, potentially. I’d give them all up to watch this ****ing loser walk into the sunset. 

This is ignoring that I don’t think a new owner, if he’s a good businessman, is guaranteed to do any such thing. I’m simply saying that even if that was the case, it’s a trade I would make without hesitation. No matter how well it’s started, Rivera’s time here can be ruined with a SINGLE Snyder decision or intervention, and it was all for nothing. That’s the cold, brutal truth. No matter how well this organization shapes up, Snyder can ruin this at any time just by being the guy he’s proven to be for over 20 years. I’d trade anyone in this organization to get rid of that forever. Where do I sign? 

All I will say is, be careful what you wish for. Let's not conflate Dan being one of the worst owners in sports with being one of the worst possible owners in sports. 

• Like 2

All I will say is, be careful what you wish for. Let's not conflate Dan being one of the worst owners in sports with being one of the worst possible owners in sports. 

Will I be happy if Dan sells? It really all depends on to whom he sells.

Will I be happy if Dan sells? It really all depends on to whom he sells.

Owners are background noise to me. The less an owner touches the team's personnel, the better. This past year, Dan didn't touch the personnel.

I don't care who the owner is next year, just don't screw up the one time in the past 30 years that the team is sailing on smooth waters with a real plan behind it instead of gambling 3 1st rounders on a new toy. Is it really too much to ask to see the team win a playoff game after 15 years?

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

I think sometimes we forget owner wise it could always be worse.  Yes we have a bad owner but it could absolutely be worse. 

Not really. We’re in the bottom 1% of sports owners, it is very very unlikely it could get worse than Snyder and he’s actively ruined this team for decades, never mind the way his organizational failures have undermined things passively. This is like, stay-in-a-bad-relationship-because-I-might-die-alone logic, but worse.

I’ll acknowledge that, yes, it’s possible it gets worse. It’s extremely unlikely, and anyone unwilling to take that risk JUST because year one of Rivera went relatively smoothly is kidding themselves (lol this comment should be enough to show you how bat**** that line of thought is—the idea that THIS year full of controversy is actually considered a high point of Snyder’s reign).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, joeken24 said:

That would never happen, but ANYTHING that means Snyder is gone, I would be ECSTATIC about, even if that would lead to the fantasy scenario you suggest. It would still be utterly worth it for me. 

4 hours ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

I think sometimes we forget owner wise it could always be worse.  Yes we have a bad owner but it could absolutely be worse. 

Which means what exactly? You could say that to try to justify anything. "Sure, RG3 sucks, but we could have a worse quarterback. Let's just count our blessings that he has two functioning arms."

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

Which means what exactly? You could say that to try to justify anything. "Sure, RG3 sucks, but we could have a worse quarterback. Let's just count our blessings that he has two functioning arms."

I’m saying Snyder may be terrible but we could end up with someone who doesn’t even care at all about the team and truly tried to milk the franchise for all its worth while not even attempting to be competitive at all.   Yes odds are we get a better owner if he sold but we absolutely could get worse.  He is a fan so he is invested in more ways than money even if the results don’t show it.  We could end up with someone who isn’t a fan and doesn’t care about being competitive.   That would be very frustrating.  No hope what so ever because you know you aren’t even trying to compete. 

• Haha 1