Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

Not me.

I cancelled youtube tv last month because they raised their price to cable tv levels and I still couldn’t get NFL Network or RedZone tv.

On a side note I guess youtube tv really wants me back because they apparently are adding both NFL Channels and a plethora of sports channels just for me!

Edited by TrancesWithWolves
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

Not me.

I just cancelled youtube tv last month because they raised their price to cable tv levels and I still can’t get NFL Network or RedZone tv.

On a side note I guess youtube tv really wants me back because they apparently are adding both NFL Channels and a plethora of sports channels just for me.

I use my iMac as a TV, so I don't have access to live TV except for those sites that stream NFL games live. No way in hell am I signing up for youtube TV lol...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I use my iMac as a TV, so I don't have access to live TV except for those sites that stream NFL games live. No way in hell am I signing up for youtube TV lol...

You are more disciplined (less addicted to tv) than I am.

This has been my first time truly going cold turkey and I’m already getting the shakes. Getting off heroin was nothing in comparison (j/k). 

Now they’re tempting me with NFL Network and the football junkies equivalant of crack—- REDZONE NETWORK!!!

<shivers & drools>

Edited by TrancesWithWolves

That PFT article says that Snyder has separate proceedings underway in India, California and Virginia over this. If he spent half that much effort trying to improve the organization, maybe he wouldn't be in this mess.

Okay, well he probably still would be, but still...😄

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

I’m fine with him being a aggressive owner.  Except it’s knowing when to pick his spots to be one.   When he started he was guns blazing which I can respect but he underestimated how tough it was building a team.   After his early mistakes he needed to get a real gm and coach in place to stabilize things.  Who knows what we could have done in 2000s if he had just been aggressive in putting the best leadership in place during the 90s because we had decent teams. 

Reminds me of the Dan Steinberg Sports Bog post from a while back where he documented all the times Dan was quoted as saying "I'm learning." Took him a decade to get him to acquire a GM with some chops in Bruce, and even then it was supposedly Shanny who made the call on who he wanted to work with.  

Again, not sure if what I'm finding and reading is from the excerpt that was supposed to air today, but so far my takeaway is:

- No smoking gun in terms of Snyder

- Is mostly a retelling of what was in the articles (possibly a new nugget about a player following one woman to her car and asking her out numerous times--not sure if that was mentioned in the articles or not)

- Probably will give the accusations a stronger sense of being true

- No new info in terms of Snyder, mostly criticism of him as an owner and that he's "100% responsible" for the toxic work atmosphere (side note: Snyder saying he's responsible for the toxic work atmosphere in his statement might diminish the women saying it as well)

- Seems Dan's statement might be fueling these women's desire to go on video and be interviewed...his tone deaf denials probably angered them

If anyone has seen the excerpt please feel free to correct me on all of that above...I'm just piecing together bits I'm finding online.

13 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Again, not sure if what I'm finding and reading is from the excerpt that was supposed to air today, but so far my takeaway is:

- No smoking gun in terms of Snyder

- Is mostly a retelling of what was in the articles (possibly a new nugget about a player following one woman to her car and asking her out numerous times--not sure if that was mentioned in the articles or not)

- Probably will give the accusations a stronger sense of being true

- No new info in terms of Snyder, mostly criticism of him as an owner and that he's "100% responsible" for the toxic work atmosphere (side note: Snyder saying he's responsible for the toxic work atmosphere in his statement might diminish the women saying it as well)

- Seems Dan's statement might be fueling these women's desire to go on video and be interviewed...his tone deaf denials probably angered them

If anyone has seen the excerpt please feel free to correct me on all of that above...I'm just piecing together bits I'm finding online.

I watched the entire program. It was on the 1pm airing of Sport Center on ESPN2 today (Thursday) although it had originally been scheduled for noon. It is apparently going to be re-aired today at Sport Center 6 pm with a second part tomorrow (Friday) on Sport Center. Don't know whether it will be the noon or the 1 pm version so I will DVR both. There is apparently going to be a 1 hour show on it Sunday as well. I don't know the time yet for that.

I thought the show was brutal. The cheerleaders said that the only acceptable solution to the problem for them is the complete removal of Dan Snyder as the owner. Their attorney said the same thing as well. 

Another interesting comment from them was that they said that they had talked with Roger Goodell and came away with the sense that they would be satisfied with the result of the investigation. I found that interesting since they had said the only acceptable result for them was his complete removal. I guess we'll see what happens.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SonnySideUp said:

Another interesting comment from them was that they said that they had talked with Roger Goodell and came away with the sense that they would be satisfied with the result of the investigation. I found that interesting since they had said the only acceptable result for them was his complete removal. I guess we'll see what happens.

giphy.gif

Were there any new pieces of info in terms of stuff that happened at Redskins Park? I've only read of the one I posted above.

4 hours ago, Califan007 said:

giphy.gif

Were there any new pieces of info in terms of stuff that happened at Redskins Park? I've only read of the one I posted above.

The main new news that I remember seeing was the part about the player following her out to her car and continuing to ask her out, which you already pointed out. There was also remarks from a woman who said she was told she wasn't allowed to go to the bathroom at times because employees weren't allowed to "wander around" when Snyder was in the building.  

The main thing for the show for me was that it brought the stories in the newspaper to life and gave them a much more vivid and real quality. It also provided an opportunity to go into the claims in more depth. The same show is supposedly going to be re-broadcast today at 6 pm on Sport Center.

Edited by SonnySideUp
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, SonnySideUp said:

The main new that I remember seeing was the part about the player following her out to her car and continuing to ask her out, which you already pointed out. There was also remarks from a woman who said she was told she wasn't allowed to go to the bathroom at times because employees weren't allowed to "wander around" when Snyder was in the building.  

This just by itself is proof that Snyder is just a crap human being. It's even worse when you consider that their employee manual (I wish the Post got a hold of one) also states not to look Snyder in the eye (who does this??), always call him Mr. Snyder (a classless move), and not have any lunch food that he can smell near him...plus having to have his toilet paper shaped as a V every day and have his paper clips all facing the same direction...it all adds up to Snyder being one of the worst humans to walk this planet.

13 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

This just by itself is proof that Snyder is just a crap human being. It's even worse when you consider that their employee manual (I wish the Post got a hold of one) also states not to look Snyder in the eye (who does this??), always call him Mr. Snyder (a classless move), and not have any lunch food that he can smell near him...plus having to have his toilet paper shaped as a V every day and have his paper clips all facing the same direction...it all adds up to Snyder being one of the worst humans to walk this planet.

It's not in the employee manual. They were called "unwritten rules" in the article.

1 hour ago, ntotoro said:

The longer this goes, it's just proof that this human piece of fecal matter is going nowhere.

No, it's not. It's taking awhile because there's a LOT to unpack and get to the bottom of. Just be patient. They're not doing anything until the investigation is complete, and they probably are just STARTING to focus on the video aspect of this whole thing. To me, that's what the case for removal really hinges on. 

I watched the excerpts today, too. The four women came off incredibly well, and you could actually sense the anger and rage simmering with each one of them. One of the cheerleaders said she saw the videos, and they made her "want to throw up." 

Someone needs to flip on this douchebag, because one thing's for sure ... someone is going to be held accountable for these videos. 

Yeah, this isn't going to resolve itself in a week or a month. There are multiple women with multiple complaints. There's the cheerleader who he tried to pimp out. There are dozens of different discrimination/harassment charges from employees. There are the cheerleaders who were filmed nude. Even within those last two, each complaint and circumstance is unique and different. Snyder is going to be answering to a lot of things. 

3 hours ago, SonnySideUp said:

...woman who said she was told she wasn't allowed to go to the bathroom at times because employees weren't allowed to "wander around" when Snyder was in the building.  

Yeah, I don't know if I buy this part.

Is going to the bathroom the same as " wandering around "?

She's basically saying she would get up to go to the bathroom and someone would say " Where are you going ? " She would say " Using the bathroom ", and she would be told " The hell you are. Snyder's in the building ".

I don't know about that one.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

Yeah, I don't know if I buy this part.

Is going to the bathroom the same as " wandering around "?

She's basically saying she would get up to go to the bathroom and someone would say " Where are you going ? " She would say " Using the bathroom ", and she would be told " The hell you are. Snyder's in the building ".

I don't know about that one.

That raised my eyebrows a little when I heard it too but in the context of all the other claims both in the show and in the Post articles, I decided it was believable.

I remember way back years ago when Snyder was still trying to buy the team, there was a story about him being in a restaurant in I think it was Denver. He was supposedly in a conversation with several other people when a waitress interrupted him talking to take their drink orders. He allegedly had her fired because she interrupted him. This was before he had even purchased the team and gotten the  reputation he has now. In light of developments surrounding him lately and over the previous years, that story seems quite believable in hindsight.

I just watched the 6 pm version of Sport Center and they abbreviated it from the early afternoon show. The last several minutes of the show were cut in the 6 pm version. These were the parts where they interviewed the womens' attorney and discussed talking with Goodell. Maybe they will be in the one hour show on Sunday. Right now, there's a one hour "Sports Center Special" scheduled at 5 pm Sunday, 8/6/20 on ESPN 2. I'm guessing that's it.

Tomorrow's (Friday's) Sport Center is supposedly going to have an interview with Jason Wright.

Edited by SonnySideUp
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Califan007 said:

-

I think Sheehan did a nice job ridiculing that comment from Dan because he segued from there by suggesting it really wasn't his fault and its a witch hunt.   It was the classic I will take the hit to sound cool but then let me tell you why I really shouldn't. 

But at least in Dan terms where he takes responsibility for very little it was a big apology in the context of how he typically rolls.  When Dan did the whole we need a new culture rap after firing Bruce, he took no responsibility then for any of it.  I recall even commenting on it -- saying at the time you wouldn't find a bigger critic here of Bruce then me yet Dan putting all the culture issues on him came off pathetic and delusional. 

• Like 1