Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Summer of 2020---The Civil Unrest Thread--Read OP Before Posting (in memory of George Floyd)

Jumbo

Regarding "I'm DOJ":

That's maybe a sign of resistance towards internal government agencies wanting to be the ones beating up peaceful protesters.  

Damn right investigate who they are, but I want more info on the possibility executive branch had to do that because of folks like Arlington PD backing out to help them in this.

Edited by Renegade7

Not to sound insensitive, but wouldn’t the Lincoln Memorial be close due to Covid anyhow?

Also, why guard it anyhow? It would be dumb af to deface the Lincoln Memorial. Like, seriously disrespectful and counter to your reason of protest.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Not to sound insensitive, but wouldn’t the Lincoln Memorial be close due to Covid anyhow?

Also, why guard it anyhow? It would be dumb af to deface the Lincoln Memorial. Like, seriously disrespectful and counter to your reason of protest.

Trump said they already vandalize one of the other memorials (Jefferson, I think).

Not to sound insensitive, but the DC memorials have to be off-limits in regards to defacing and destruction.  Lincoln died so we can have this conversation.

It's crazy talk to damage them, anyway, that's automatic federal charges because its federal land, I don't care how mad folks are, don't do it. 

My uncle is buried at Arlington National Cemetery.  I had no words for folks who went over there playing Pokemon Go, I can't promise I'll have anything nice to say if folks start kicking over tombstones.  There's a line even for folks that don't want to say out of line things, all things considered.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 5

13 minutes ago, Springfield said:

So I agree, but I also see the benefit in using social media in countries that are oppressed. So to me, it’s a double edged sword.

I’m not the most well versed on the subject but wasn’t the Arab Spring largely possible due to social media?

Social media can be a net positive if you're able to effectively moderate other wise you end up with genocides and election interference. Zuck don't seem like the type to want that responsibility at all. These ****boys are literally stopping efforts to make their platform less decisive.

Saw the following from my local FB feed. 

"WHEN DID THESE BRICKS JUST MAGICALLY SHOW UP NEXT TO A AUTO STORE HERE IN PFLUGERVILLE??? THEY REALLY TRYNA SET US ALL UP HU?🤬 

1008 E Pecan St, Pflugerville, TX 78660

You saw it here first if **** gets broken and destroyed this clearly a set up. Keep your eyes out.🤬"

FB_IMG_1591141483576.jpg

• Sad 2

22 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Not everyone is out there for the same reasons. 

renegade--let's not make this a conduit for reddit/face book too often and you keep using shots with hashtags etc. that violate rules so you're going to get penalized for that if it keeps happening---and i suggest you maybe take a break every so often

(fwiw, articles...links...actual discussion...vis's or others relevant tweets from known/important/relevant sources or public figures etc etc should be more the deal

in general,  c'mon some of you guys

self-awareness is not fatal