Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

went to watch Davis Mills tape.... ended up enamored with WR Simi Fehoko! 6'4, 230 with wheels.

I had honestly never heard of him before due to the strength of this WR class at the top. He'd be worth a 3rd for sure. He had drop issues early on at Stanford but he's cleaned it up a bit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Give us JOK and we can at least put Pitts in check, I think and checkmate other times.  I think JOK is that good.

He's ultra-athletic, smart, and fast but his size does give me pause.

The draft can't get here soon enough.  It's exciting every year, but this one for some reason is hitting me different from past years.  I think it's the intrigue mixed with the hope of solving the Teams QB situation possibly for the next 10 years or more...along with this crazy Mac Jones talk.  I don't know.  The talent at the top of the draft is insane.  Yet there is a ton of talent still to be had throughout the draft.

• Like 2

Just now, cakmoney61 said:

He's ultra-athletic, smart, and fast but his size does give me pause.

The draft can't get here soon enough.  It's exciting every year, but this one for some reason is hitting me different from past years.  I think it's the intrigue mixed with the hope of solving the Teams QB situation possibly for the next 10 years or more...along with this crazy Mac Jones talk.  I don't know.  The talent at the top of the draft is insane.  Yet there is a ton of talent still to be had throughout the draft.

Darrisaw is my guy at #19 and I think the only way we can secure him is trade up for him.  Tough call because to me he's the best Left OT in the draft.  That's just me.  So, w/o trading up for him JOK, to me is the next best player holding at #19.  Of course, the move up, if RR and Co. choose to do it makes everything different.  

2 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

Been monitoring for any Teddy Bridgewater news. If he got traded to Broncos, Patriots or Bears, that would really change the game for us. Fingers crossed (especially because it would take a restructure from Bridgewater to get it done)

Yes, especially the teams ahead of us.

2 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

Been monitoring for any Teddy Bridgewater news.

So I take it your afternoon is open?

I can see whoever misses out on a QB trading for him after Rd 1, but hard pressed to give up assets before then. Unless CAR is willing to accept the lint in someone's pockets.

He will be most valuable after the draft.

Just now, FootballZombie said:

So I take it your afternoon is open?

I can see whoever misses out on a QB trading for him after Rd 1, but hard pressed to give up assets before then. Unless CAR is willing to accept the lint in someone's pockets.

He will be most valuable after the draft.

Maybe not so.  Many would have thought the same about Darnold.  

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Davis Mills in the first now?  Lol.

My guy Kyle Trask sitting there in the third round is looking better every day.  This QB class is shaping up to be a sucker's market.

So true.  Demand outweighs a quality supply.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Darrisaw is my guy at #19 and I think the only way we can secure him is trade up for him.  Tough call because to me he's the best Left OT in the draft.  That's just me.  So, w/o trading up for him JOK, to me is the next best player holding at #19.  Of course, the move up, if RR and Co. choose to do it makes everything different.  

Yes, especially the teams ahead of us.

Other than one of the top four QBs, I've also been hoping Darrisaw would fall to us at #19... or some other talent that the Team can't pass up.  Otherwise, I wouldn't be upset with a trade back to the mid-20s or so for maybe a late third-round pick.

2 hours ago, DWinzit said:

@Skinsinparadise , I always appreciate your take especially on WR and TE's. Other than the 1st rounders and strictly slot guys, who are the best separators? 

thinking about I'd also add to my previously list. 

Trevon Grimes:  played outside.   He's another big dude who is fast for his size.  I am surprised there is less talk about him.  He isn't sudden but he can seperate and make big plays down the field.  Considering all the attention Pitts and Toney got, Grimes put up good numbers if you consider that context.

I made a similar argument when I pushed Terry in an argument where some were attacking his production numbers.  My point then was considering context, Terry's production is better than it looks. And when you factor that with his traits, he's even more attractive.  Not that Grimes is Terry but my point is I am actually impressed with his production considering context just like I was with Terry.  And I like his measurables.  Good speed/size combination.  i wouldn't take him early but wouldn't hesitate to take him late as a flier type.  

He's a dude i take from time to time late in the draft when I do simiulation mocks.

Another one maybe is Cornell Powell.  Powell is more of a feisty contested catch guy.  But he can seperate here and there including making plays deep.  He reminds me a litle of Dax Miline in that there is nothing jumps at me about their skills.  But they get it done.   I do like Josh Palmer more in this category over Powell and Milne as to a player without any skill that jumps out at you yet they somehow get it done.  Really solid.   

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

RR loves the big WRs. I do too. Would love a Hines Ward type that plays physical like a TE.

I think the big receivers in Carolina was more a product of Cam’s inaccuracy than it was RR’s love of them. 

Turner’s offense actually seems to favor speed and quickness over size. 

• Like 1

@Skinsinparadise count me in as a Sage Surratt fan.  He's not going to get any separation against decent man coverage, but he's a physical force and he does have surprising build up speed and a little bit of route savvy.  He's a basketball athlete at the position, almost like a mini TE, but he has the physicality of a football player.  It shows up in how he plays through contact and how he run blocks.

He's a little old for a prospect, especially one with only about a 20 career games played.  But he was dominant in that 9 game stretch before he hurt his shoulder, jumping over top of everyone and hauling in every prayer Jamie Newman and Sam Hartman hoisted up.  If you can help him out a little with the scheme and he can figure out ways to keep NFL corners from just sitting down on all of the underneath throws against him, then I think he could be a productive and versatile NFL weapon as a second or third option at WR for you.  He needs a team where there are other receivers on the roster good enough that the opponent just can't slap their best press man corner onto him for the whole game.

I see him getting projected on day three and that feels like good value.  Better value than I can find at most positions.  I think he goes in the seventh round and I think Amon-Ra St. Brown goes in like the sixth round, and that is interesting enough value that I would almost pass on WR on day one or two unless we are in position to draft Chase/Smith in the first, Moore/Rondale/Bateman/Marshall in the second, or Tylan Wallace in the third.

• Like 2

I was listening to Ross Tucker and he had on a draft analyst who thought ArDareus Washington (the other as from TCU, not Moehrig) was the top FS in the class.

Anyone break down any film on him? The reports I’ve read basically love him as a fearless ball hawking player but he’s 5’8 and 180, which is below average size for a FS (but not terrible for a buckle corner/FS which he could be)

He looks pretty good in highlights and showed out as a freshmen.

I like I lot of guys for us at FS in rounds 3-5.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/ar'darius-washington/32005741-5304-9867-cbf8-485ef22c746c

Overview

Very undersized college safety with low-end size and high-end play traits. Washington falls well below the desired measurables for a safety, but he plays with outstanding instincts and aggression in everything he does. He has good foot quickness and really reads play development and quarterback intentions with clear eyes. He's quicker than fast and there is some concern about how he will match up down the field against NFL size. He's a physical striker when he plays near the line, but can be pushed around by big bodies at times. Several teams will scratch him from their boards based on his size, but a move to nickel cornerback with man or zone talent could help him find NFL snaps regardless of stature.

Edited by seantaylor=god

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

@Skinsinparadise count me in as a Sage Surratt fan.  He's not going to get any separation against decent man coverage, but he's a physical force and he does have surprising build up speed and a little bit of route savvy.  He's a basketball athlete at the position, almost like a mini TE, but he has the physicality of a football player.  It shows up in how he plays through contact and how he run blocks.

Surratt from the ones I've watched is the most physical receiver with the ball in the air.    Judging from mocks, he might be in the late 6th-7th round.   I'd be intrigued.  If I had to pick on my favorite flier late round spot in this draft it might be receiver.  I think its even deeper than last year.  

• Like 2

Davis Mills as a first round pick would be worse than Christian Ponder, who I generally feel is the biggest QB overdraft there is (but one can argue other contenders). There's this type of talk every year though. And 98% of the time it's BS. So I doubt there's much to it.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I see him getting projected on day three and that feels like good value.  Better value than I can find at most positions.  I think he goes in the seventh round and I think Amon-Ra St. Brown goes in like the sixth round, and that is interesting enough value that I would almost pass on WR on day one or two unless we are in position to draft Chase/Smith in the first, Moore/Rondale/Bateman/Marshall in the second, or Tylan Wallace in the third.

We got a lot of the same favorite receivers from what I recall.  I like everyone you mention.  It's tough for me to shrug off Toney if he's there in the 2nd even though I do like all the ones you mentioned more.  Toney was one of my early guys last year during the college season.  But then he got so cool than he sort of became uncool.  He got mocked a lot to us at 19 and I slammed that.  But 51 to me is fine.  IMO Rondale Moore, Kardrius Toney and Michael Carter are the most fun watches for me purely as stop and go ability, coupled with insane elusiveness.  They are out of this world IMO on that front.  Carter though doesn't have the freakish speed that Toney and Moore have.  But Carter is one of my fav RBs.

In the third round my list might be deeper than yours, I could go for Wallace, Dyami Brown, Amari Rodgers, Nico Collins.  But who knows since they can go earlier or drop later. 

If I had to pick "my guys" so to speak at WR it would be:

Devonta Smith:  along with you I was jazzed about him before it was cool, back in 2019

Elijah Moore:  he's sort of my 2020 Devonta Smiith, I've probably raved more about him as a receiver than any other

Terrace Marshall:  I fell really hard for him when I watched him for the first time, not everyone agreed with me at the time, but I noticed most have warmed up to him since

Nico Collins:  I seem more intrigued by him than most here

Tylan Wallace:  I've been consistent pushing him for a longish time.  i know you have done so too.  I spent a lot of time selling him.  So I feel vested. 

Anthony Schwartz:  I know the area/schools where he's from, I like the story.  He's very raw but his speed is unreal.  I don't believe he should go as early as Kiper who seems smitten by him all of a sudden. 

There are some later round receivers, some of whom I've mentioned today that I've been watching and I suspect I will fall hard for one or two that I will start pushing.  Josh Palmer is borderline there for me, I have to watch him more.  Kelvin Harmon was one of those type of guys that I pushed late right before that draft.  I was surprised he went as late as he did.  Saw him more as a mid rounder. But I haven't quite made up my mind on some of those flier types. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

We got a lot of the same favorite receivers from what I recall.  I like everyone you mention.  It's tough for me to shrug off Toney if he's there in the 2nd even though I do like all the ones you mentioned more.  Toney was one of my early guys last year during the college season.  But then he got so cool than he sort of became uncool.  He got mocked a lot to us at 19 and I slammed that.  But 51 to me is fine.  IMO Rondale Moore, Kardrius Toney and Michael Carter are the most fun watches for me purely as stop and go ability, coupled with insane elusiveness.  They are out of this world IMO on that front.  Carter though doesn't have the freakish speed that Toney and Moore have.  But Carter is one of my fav RBs.

In the third round my list might be deeper than yours, I could go for Wallace, Dyami Brown, Amari Rodgers, Nico Collins.  But who knows since they can go earlier or drop later. 

If I had to pick "my guys" so to speak at WR it would be:

Devonta Smith:  along with you I was jazzed about him before it was cool, back in 2019

Elijah Moore:  he's sort of my 2020 Devonta Smiith, I've probably raved more about him as a receiver than any other

Terrace Marshall:  I fell really hard for him when I watched him for the first time, not everyone agreed with me at the time, but I noticed most have warmed up to him since

Nico Collins:  I seem more intrigued by him than most here

Tylan Wallace:  I've been consistent pushing him for a longish time.  i know you have done so too.  I spent a lot of time selling him.  So I feel vested. 

Anthony Schwartz:  I know the area/schools where he's from, I like the story.  He's very raw but his speed is unreal.  I don't believe he should go as early as Kiper who seems smitten by him all of a sudden. 

There are some later round receivers, some of whom I've mentioned today that I've been watching and I suspect I will fall hard for one or two that I will start pushing.  Josh Palmer is borderline there for me, I have to watch him more.  Kelvin Harmon was one of those type of guys that I pushed late right before that draft.  I was surprised he went as late as he did.  Saw him more as a mid rounder. But I haven't quite made up my mind on some of those flier types. 

I like Nico Collins too but he seems to be shooting up draft boards and might not be there in the 3rd. 

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'm not sure Palmer is going to end up being a late round sleeper.  I notice that Zierlein has him as his 12th WR in the class and ahead of Rondale Moore and Dyami Brown and Eksridge.  That makes me think the NFL types are higher on him than the draftniks and that he'll go earlier than expected.  He also seems to be fairly high on Nico Collins too, as he's got him WR8 ahead of Bateman and just after Wallace.  Compares him to N'Keal Harry as a prospect, which if true, puts him in the second round I should think.

He's also got Cade Johnson as his 10th WR, just ahead of Palmer and Amari Rodgers and just after Bateman, which kind of sucks.  I was getting Johnson late on day three in some of my mocks.  He really shined at Senior bowl week, so I fear the cat is out of the bag with him.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I like Nico Collins too but he seems to be shooting up draft boards and might not be there in the 3rd. 

The pool of receivers is so big and there are so many I like that I am not really married to anyone.  So if Nico is gone there are other fish in the sea.  But I suspect we will be surprised by where some of these receivers fall.

The position that seems more code red as for taking one earlier is TE.  I don't think the spot is super deep.  Last year was a weaker 1st-2nd tier than this group but I think I liked the 2020 3rd-4th tier better than this 2021 group.  I saw Brooks had Freiermuth in the first in his last mock.    It wouldn't shock me if Jordan, Tremble, Freiermuth, Long are all gone by the early 3rd. 

There are others who intrigue me:  Yebolah, Moore, McKitty, etc.  But it doesn't run deep for me.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The pool of receivers is so big and there are so many I like that I am not really married to anyone.  So if Nico is gone there are other fish in the sea.  But I suspect we will be surprised by where some of these receivers fall.

The position that seems more code red as for taking one earlier is TE.  I don't think the spot is super deep.  Last year was a weaker 1st-2nd tier than this group but I think I liked the 3rd-4th tier better than this group.  I saw Brooks had Freiermuth in the first in his last mock.    It wouldn't shock me if Jordan, Tremble, Freiermuth, Long are all gone by the early 3rd. 

There are others who intrigue me:  Yebolah, Moore, McKitty, etc.  But it doesn't run deep for me.

So true about the TE field in this draft.  I'd be happy with Long in the 3rd.  He's seems to me to be a blue collar TE.  Nothing super special at anything but he just good and gets the job done at both receiving and blocking.  

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The position that seems more code red as for taking one earlier is TE.  I don't think the spot is super deep.  Last year was a weaker 1st-2nd tier than this group but I think I liked the 3rd-4th tier better than this group.  I saw Brooks had Freiermuth in the first in his last mock.    It wouldn't shock me if Jordan, Tremble, Freiermuth, Long are all gone by the early 3rd. 

Also, I think the area of importance for us this year is as follows and hopefully BPA is there when we pick with each pick:  Left OT, LB, TE, QB.  In that order but in the 3rd interchangeable.  Mills/Mond I have in the 3rd at QB but I might move the needle to Mond a bit more than I did yesterday.  Watch us go all out and land Lance in the 1st.  I just got a hunch he falls and we move up and get him.  Yikes.  

22 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I'm not sure Palmer is going to end up being a late round sleeper.  I notice that Zierlein has him as his 12th WR in the class and ahead of Rondale Moore and Dyami Brown and Eksridge.  That makes me think the NFL types are higher on him than the draftniks and that he'll go earlier than expected.  He also seems to be fairly high on Nico Collins too, as he's got him WR8 ahead of Bateman and just after Wallace.  Compares him to N'Keal Harry as a prospect, which if true, puts him in the second round I should think.

He's also got Cade Johnson as his 10th WR, just ahead of Palmer and Amari Rodgers and just after Bateman, which kind of sucks.  I was getting Johnson late on day three in some of my mocks.  He really shined at Senior bowl week, so I fear the cat is out of the bag with him.

Palmer and Collins have something in common which was below par Qb play.  I saw Michigan play Alabama live and I was stunned at how atrocious Patterson was.    Patterson's game that day might have been the worst i've ever seen from a QB in any live college or NFL game and i've seen plenty of them over the years.

Yeah I ignored Cade Johnson because I was asked about outside receivers.  The number of good slot receivers in this draft is historic.    Crazy number of good ones.

Listening to Ryan Fitzpatrick talk about throwing contested type throws, I've noticed him mention mutliple times that he likes big tall receivers and he will fling it up for them to grab.  You can see him do with Gesicki with Miami.  That's why I wonder if a dude like that is on their menu in this draft or maybe it comes at the TE spot with a dude like Freiermuth.   Hunter Long, maybe?  I am not as high on Hunter as some but don't dislike him (if I recall you feel the same way) but if its throw it to a tall dude with a big catch radius, he'd fit that profile. 

I like Brevin more than most.  But his thing isn't being a tall/catch radius/contetested catch guy.  He's more of a weapon in the flat/YAC guy.  Tremble has the potential to be that contested catch guy but he's not proven as a pass catcher, I love the player though. 

2 hours ago, SemperFi Skins said:

went to watch Davis Mills tape.... ended up enamored with WR Simi Fehoko! 6'4, 230 with wheels.

I had honestly never heard of him before due to the strength of this WR class at the top. He'd be worth a 3rd for sure. He had drop issues early on at Stanford but he's cleaned it up a bit. 

Ditto!

We probably watched some of the same hilight films. lol

It seemed like every big play Mills made this Fehoko guy, who I hadn’t heard a damn thing about, stood out. He seemed to have good speed, size, athletic arrogance, GREAT hands and best of all the clutch gene.

Plus he has enthusiasm and his teammates seem to love him.

He’s the kind of player I would overdraft by a round just because my gut tells me he has a real chance to be a late round star.

EDITED TO ADD:

Just found this...

Simi Fehoko runs unofficial 4.37 40-yard dash at Stanford pro day

Video below...

https://www.nfl.com/videos/simi-fehoko-runs-unofficial-4-37-40-yard-dash-at-stanford-pro-day

Now I REALLY want him!

Coach Rivera I know you’re watching. Trust your buddy old man Trances and grab this guy! 

Then we’ll have Sammis and Simi snagging pearl harbor type bombs next year. (vigorously rubs hands together in anticipation)

Edited by TrancesWithWolves
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1