Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Kamren Curl, S Arkansas

zCommander

27 minutes ago, -JB- said:

When you pull a guy away from his clear strength just so you can play a less versatile player because you still have to pay him you weaken your entire defense.  You know what I’m talking about.

If you get Collins to buy in, he is a better option as the 7th guy in the box than Hudson. 

To me, that's partly what it comes down to. Getting the best players on the field. 

1 hour ago, Silvernon said:

If you get Collins to buy in, he is a better option as the 7th guy in the box than Hudson. 

To me, that's partly what it comes down to. Getting the best players on the field. 

The problem is he wasn't even good in the box. I mean we know he sucks in coverage but he was also whiffing tackles and taking bad angles constantly when playing near the line. He wasn't just overpaid last year, he was straight up bad.

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

The problem is he wasn't even good in the box. I mean we know he sucks in coverage but he was also whiffing tackles and taking bad angles constantly when playing near the line. He wasn't just overpaid last year, he was straight up bad.

Don’t quite have the football acumen to break down his overall play within the scheme snap to snap, but he flashed as a great solo tackler, run/pass blitzer, and anticipates things well (inconsistent last season).

I love him in the box. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

He's been our best overpriced safety since Archuleta, but he doesn't have the hot wife to compensate. Collins will be a superb punter protector this year. Mark it down!

Archuleta never impregnated 3 women at the same time like Collins!  So ha!

27 minutes ago, wit33 said:

I love him in the box. 

That’s what his three baby mommas said!

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

The problem is he wasn't even good in the box.

That is NOT what the three baby mommas said!

• Haha 10
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Archuleta never impregnated 3 women at the same time like Collins!  So ha!

d5czwioi7sy2owii.jpg?skj2io4l

I would take her any day over 3 women too stupid to not be on the pill and too reckless to not insist on a prophylactic.  But maybe that's just me...

The Landon hate really displays how bad our fanbase can be. Landon is an above average safety and an enforcer. He isn't a perfect NFL player therefore he has weaknesses, but if he's played to his strengths, he's a well-documented effective player. Why does he get the flak for being overpaid? The one who cut the check deserves all the blame on that one. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, Silvernon said:

You are exactly right....Collins has a good feel for identifying routes in the passing game and he's pretty effective in the run game.  

I think we will run a ton of Big Nickel and have Curl and Collins on the field at the same time with McCain playing FS.  Couple that with Jamin and Holcomb....gonna be a dominant defense.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Dexter said:

You are exactly right....Collins has a good feel for identifying routes in the passing game and he's pretty effective in the run game.  

I think we will run a ton of Big Nickel and have Curl and Collins on the field at the same time with McCain playing FS.  Couple that with Jamin and Holcomb....gonna be a dominant defense.

Yeah, Curl was actually on the field a good bit before Collins went down (and before really proving himself even).  Jumped to 100% of snaps past game 7 of course.

B9D4DE5C-F968-415F-96EF-8B180D237482.thumb.jpeg.d7787c4f17ed147cbde5e4ece420d4ed.jpeg

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

Both of them are overrated.

Talk about inflated stats....  The later in the game it gets, the more her numbers are going to sag.  She'll have a helluva ground game but when she does try to make a pass, she's going to get sacked.  In life, a good game manager with a natural feel for the short-intermediate range has more long-term success than someone who can heave bombshells way downfield in the first half.  Sure, scoring a couple of early touchdowns on big plays feels great, but when the score starts getting lopsided, and you start getting smothered, those kind always get taken out and replaced by the perky backup who can find the endzone without having to rely on gadgets and big plays.  Intelligent, steady, firm grip on a nice playbook that doesn't have more than a handful of things to grasp, tight, pretty passes with moxie, and confidence in her ability to keep the balls in the air for late scores without being stuck on the ground because you're out of gas to start the 3rd.  That's the kind of QB you want playing in your stadium if you want to be a "perineal" winner.

• Haha 5

8 hours ago, carex said:

I think some are forgetting he was here in 2019 amd was decent to good.  Last year was a new defense with less camp and no preseason

I mean guys like Everett, Reaves, and Curl had the same amount of camp/no preseason and were much better.

With all that said, if we could somehow get the old All Pro form of Collins, that could really take this defense over the top. The fact that we haven't gotten rid of him or allowed him to seek a trade like we have for other vets tells me our coaches see something they can utilize out of him that they can't from our other guys on D.

On 5/18/2021 at 1:35 PM, Warhead36 said:

I will go looking for it, but I am pretty sure the Defense's tackle rate went down significantly as a whole after he went out for the season.  The big missed tackles he did have are just burned in ya soul. (Lamar and Dan Jones smoking him, and those two guys can do that to just about any defender in the league.)

Edited by Tedskins 21

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I mean guys like Everett, Reaves, and Curl had the same amount of camp/no preseason and were much better.

With all that said, if we could somehow get the old All Pro form of Collins, that could really take this defense over the top. The fact that we haven't gotten rid of him or allowed him to seek a trade like we have for other vets tells me our coaches see something they can utilize out of him that they can't from our other guys on D.

I don't believe Reaves and Curl had to unlearn the old D, plus the new stuff was more suited to their skillset in some cases.

When I mentioned it wouldn't shock me if Landon may be on the outs after the McCain signing, I wasn't trying to disparage him. I like Landon, he's had his moments in DC, but they've been few and far between. It's JDR's job to effectively utilize him and I would not doubt him to figure it out. I hope he shines or I hope we get compensated well, either way we'll be alright.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

When I mentioned it wouldn't shock me if Landon may be on the outs after the McCain signing, I wasn't trying to disparage him. I like Landon, he's had his moments in DC, but they've been few and far between. It's JDR's job to effectively utilize him and I would not doubt him to figure it out. I hope he shines or I hope we get compensated well, either way we'll be alright.

They play completely different positions and couldn't be further apart in skill set.

13 hours ago, carex said:

I think some are forgetting he was here in 2019 amd was decent to good.  Last year was a new defense with less camp and no preseason

The rookie 7th round pick caught on to the new defense just fine with less camp and no preseason 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

They play completely different positions and couldn't be further apart in skill set.

Yes, I understand that.  The thought was really more about what we have behind Landon.  Curl.

With McCain you have a certified FS who can also play CB but has played very well at FS.

We drafted a S who played a good bit at FS but more at SS in college. And Reaves played admirably and quite well at FS last year.  

We are versatile and I'm sure we'll try and find a way to work it all out.

I'd just rather have a CB on the field in this pass happy league than Landon.  With Curl and McCain at S.

I know we roll out 3 safety's plenty and JDR can figure out how to use them all.

I just wouldn't be surprised if we tried to move him given that cutting him saves us nothing.

In the end, its about current fit, business, and having Ron's guys, which Landon is not. 

It was just a thought that jumped into my head when we signed McCain.  I hope Landon balls out, I like Landon Collins! lol 

I just would not be shocked if something happens with him. 

Edited by COWBOY-KILLA-
  • Like 1

On 5/18/2021 at 5:22 PM, Burgundy Yoda said:

The Landon hate really displays how bad our fanbase can be. Landon is an above average safety and an enforcer. He isn't a perfect NFL player therefore he has weaknesses, but if he's played to his strengths, he's a well-documented effective player. Why does he get the flak for being overpaid? The one who cut the check deserves all the blame on that one. 

The Landon "hate" really only fired up recently when the perception became that he was unwilling to switch to LB if asked.  (All we can really go off of is that he tweeted "Not Happening My Guy" in response to someone online asking if he'd be switching to linebacker.)  Truth is, the guy is going to play wherever JDR tells him to play and great coaches will come up with their own name for a position to make the player feel special.  "Hey #20, you're gonna go in there as a TigerNinjaHammerHead in this particular package.  You up for it??"

*Sidenote... Didn't know about the 3 baby mama's all within a week or so-- or that he suggested to one of them that she apply for food stamps for their son.  Hope he has grown (outside of football) since those times and those kids feel loved/appreciated by their pops.

• Like 1