Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Update - 3/11/21 - America Rescue Plan Bill is signed!

goskins10

2 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Thanks.  I actually noticed yesterday that my coming paycheck for Sep 1-15 was higher by 50% of my normal Social Security withholding.  I was coming here to post it.  We are going to set up an allotment to savings for that amount so when it comes time to repay, we will already have the money sitting there.  My concern is that a lot of service members are not that fiscally responsible.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Thanks.  I actually noticed yesterday that my coming paycheck for Sep 1-15 was higher by 50% of my normal Social Security withholding.  I was coming here to post it.  We are going to set up an allotment to savings for that amount so when it comes time to repay, we will already have the money sitting there.  My concern is that a lot of service members are not that fiscally responsible.

I work for the Federal Government and as far as I’m aware no HR department in any agency had notified anyone of the potential ramifications of this. 

People are going to be screwed next year because of this. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Feds: Man Bought $700K Boat With PPP Relief Funds

After fraudulently securing more than $2 million in coronavirus relief funds, a Florida businessman spent nearly $700,000 of the proceeds on a 40-foot boat, federal investigators allege.

In a criminal complaint filed in U.S. District Court, Casey Crowther, 35, is charged with making false statements to a lending institution in connection with his receipt in April of a $2.09 million Payroll Protection Program loan. If convicted of the felony count, Crowther could face a maximum of 30 years in prison.

According to the complaint, Crowther claimed in his PPP application that the funds he sought were to be used to cover payroll, rent, and utilities for a Fort Myers roofing firm he owned.

But after the forgivable loan was approved and Crowther received the PPP funds from Sanibel Captiva Community Bank, he wired $689,417 to a Sarasota boat dealer for the purchase of a 2020 Invincible catamaran. Crowther subsequently registered the 40-foot boat in his name.

The federal agent who swore out the complaint against Crowther (seen at right) noted that, “Your affiant has probable cause to believe the boat was purchased for personal use and not for any business purpose related to Target Roofing.”

Click on the link for the full article

12 hours ago, GoSkinsGo said:

People are going to be screwed next year because of this. 

Which is a big part of part of the plan.  

Trump takes credit for it before the election.  

Biden gets the blame for it, before he even takes office.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

https://www.wtkr.com/news/national/irs-tells-companies-to-not-take-out-social-security-taxes-from-checks-following-presidential-order

Tax deferment (not forgiveness) or poor people sounds like a terrible idea to me....

They are going to end up owing large amounts of money to the IRS in April with no way to pay....

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

(Florida rejecting TrumpAid)

Yeah, and they refused Obamacare Medicaid expansion, because they were fiscally conservative, and the feds only paid 90% of the cost, after eight years.  

Bull****.  

They rejected it because they didn't want poor people to have it.  

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...