Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Come into this thread to get your hot new Popeyes clothing!!!!!

spjunkies

So I suppose this is what we’ve come to as a country.  People will complain about pretty much anything.  At one point, people complained about a lack of diversity in advertising.  There weren’t enough people of color in ads.  There weren’t enough minorities in movies.  Not enough leading women in movies.  Advertisers and filmmakers have adjusted.

So now we have an ad for Popeyes clothes and it features no white people at all.  I’m not offended.  Should I be?  I guess Popeyes doesn’t want ME to buy their clothes.  Is that the takeaway?  If I wanted a Popeyes uniform, this ad wouldn’t push me away from buying it.  Is this ad degrading to black people because it’s Popeyes?  Why should it be, Popeyes is ****ing delicious.  Popeyes is loved nationwide, especially with their whole chicken sandwich stunt.

I bet some numbnut on Twitter started complaining about this and it became a whole thing.  That’s probably exactly what happened.

I've been thinking about this for a minute, and I can't seem to decide if this ad would be more or less racist if they had sprinkled in a white person in the background or something.

I mean, if you did so, people would be saying "Oh, you just HAD to throw a caucasion in the mix. We need more diversity!". But since it's all AA people, then it now becomes "Hey look! A chicken place with an ad featuring only black people!"

Can't win I guess.

Popeyes food sucks, btw.

1 minute ago, ExoDus84 said:

I've been thinking about this for a minute, and I can't seem to decide if this add would be more or less racist if they had sprinkled in a white person in the background or something.

I mean, if you did so, people would be saying "Oh, you just HAD to throw a caucasion in the mix. We need more diversity!". But since it's all AA people, then it now becomes "Hey look! A chicken place with an ad featuring only black people!"

Can't win I guess.

Popeyes food sucks, btw.

#1. You're wrong Popeyes is delicious. 

#2. How hard would it be to sprinkle in a few other races? Do we really need an ad with nothing but black people celebrating their chicken in popeyes clothing a few days from black history month?

Maybe I'm making something out of nothing here, just doesn't seem right. 

1 minute ago, ExoDus84 said:

I've been thinking about this for a minute, and I can't seem to decide if this add would be more or less racist if they had sprinkled in a white person in the background or something.

Can't win I guess.

Popeyes food sucks, btw.

This was exactly my thought process, until I started thinking about the Dave Chappelle bit about fried chicken.  

NSFW

Aren't they making fun of the whole Beyonce Adidas/Sainsbury's situation?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/18/entertainment/beyonce-ivy-park-sainsburys-trnd/index.html

A British grocery chain poked fun at Beyoncé's new Ivy Park x Adidas line, which looks a lot like its uniforms

That new Beyoncé looks a bit like a Sainsbury's uniform. Just a bit.

(CNN) Beyoncé's Ivy Park x Adidas line dropped this week, creating an online frenzy as fans raced to stock up on the goodies.

But some pointed out a striking similarity: Queen Bey's new line are the same colors of British supermarket chain, Sainsbury's. Which means the outfits from Beyoncé's line look kind of like Sainsbury's uniforms.
And the grocer wasted no time in making the connection.

25 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Geee this one is hard to figure out, a bunch of black people dressed up as employees of a chicken joint, nothing wrong with that.

i have some punchlines for this but

a) i'm caucasian---inappropriate

b) you're genuine in this and i'm more insensitive since i retired (blowback from decades of mandatory tolerance and compassion)

but, as an elder white male of german heritage, i am on the downlow with you in the hood

unless that means having gay sex 

not that there's anything wrong with that if you're gay

or if you're not

i'm just gonna excuse myself now

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/28/popeyes-launches-clothing-collection-inspired-by-beyonces-ivy-park.html

Popeyes launches clothing line inspired by comparisons to Beyonce’s Ivy Park brand

Popeyes said Wednesday it plans to sell a limited-edition clothing line that looks familiar to members of the Beyhive.

To build buzz for her first collaboration with Adidas, Beyonce sent out large boxes filled with orange, maroon and white clothing from her Ivy Park capsule collection to celebrities such as Reese Witherspoon and Ellen DeGeneres. The actresses and influencers quickly posted videos and photos of the containers being unboxed.

The stunt worked. The gender-neutral activewear sold out within hours.

Twitter users quickly noticed that the color scheme of the

jackets, jumpsuits, shoes and accessories was similar to that of the Popeyes’ logo and uniform design.

All proceeds will go to the Popeyes Foundation.

*Click Link for More*

Add:  I just went to Popeyes this past Friday. They have one on base at Lackland. Just like I remembered. Loved it. :) 

1 minute ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Their chicken sandwhich poops on chick fil a's pound for pound...now the deluxe at chick fil a sandwhich is where it's at and since popeyes dont got the extra fixings...then deluxe wins it. But my goodness does that chicken sandwhich bang. The brioche is what sets it off too.

The spicy popeyes chicken sandwich is the king of all sandwiches. End of story. 

Archived