Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The weird ass internet challanges thread.

Cooked Crack

Just a few weeks into 2020, a lot has happened. The impeachment trial began, a deadly virus broke out in China and spread to the US. 

And TikTok users have started dipping their testicles in soy sauce "for science."

The trend is based on a misinterpretation of a study published in 2013 in the scientific journal PNAS that found male testes have taste receptors. 

Taste receptors are not the same as tastebuds. The study did not find that people can taste through their testes. 

But, as ScienceAlert puts it, a long game of "telephone" — from scientists to media outlets then to social media influencers — resulted in some confusion and a new challenge.

The soy sauce challenge went viral after TikTok user Regan posted a video on the study on Jan. 15, asking people with testicles to dip their genitals in soy sauce "for science" to see if they could taste anything through their genitals.

https://www.insider.com/tiktok-users-dipping-testicles-in-soy-sauce-to-taste-it-2020-1

Sad, was hoping this would be the new butt chugging.

Edited by Cooked Crack
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

We need a general thread for the interwebs convincing people to do or believe the stupidiest ****.  Eating Tide Pods is fun, sunning your choad is healthy, your nuts can taste, I am sure there are worse and funnier things every week that I need to be made aware of.  

Don't forget butt chugging.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

This seal it.  With @Cooked Crack's consent, this should be the Stupid Internet Fads thread (title subject to improvement).  

Remember when 4chan tried to convince people (and succeeded a few times) that microwaving iphones would charge them?  They also tricked some Bieber fans into shaving their heads to support Justin Beiber, who they claimed had cancer (he did not). 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Destino said:

Remember when 4chan tried to convince people (and succeeded a few times) that microwaving iphones would charge them?  They also tricked some Bieber fans into shaving their heads to support Justin Beiber, who they claimed had cancer (he did not). 

I do not, which is even more reason why we need a thread about such things.  

13 minutes ago, Bang said:

I went ahead and tried this, and I will say that i did not taste anything.

The only effect was that I am no longer allowed in Happy Dragon Carry Out ever again.

~Bong

Don't feel bad Bang, they were practically asking for it by naming the place Happy Dragon. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/24/2020 at 3:16 PM, PleaseBlitz said:

We need a general thread for the interwebs convincing people to do or believe the stupidiest ****.  Eating Tide Pods is fun, sunning your choad is healthy, your nuts can taste, I am sure there are worse and funnier things every week that I need to be made aware of.  

‘Beer Yoga’ Is Now A Thing And It’s Becoming As Popular As You Would Expect

There is a new trend which combines two things that many people love – beer and yoga – and they work surprisingly well together!

For many of us, there is nothing quite like an ice cold beer after a hard day’s work, but this often comes at the sacrifice of exercise.

We live in a fast paced world and there are benefits to be had by saying ‘yes’ to that post-work drink, even if it means missing out on the trip to the gym or that evening’s yoga class.

So for those who want to say ‘yes’ to it all and also try out something new, beer yoga might just become your new favorite hobby!

beer-yoga-2.jpg

The class involves picking up a beer, drinking it, and putting it back down again, in many different ways.

It has been enjoyed by Berlin hipsters as an alternative form of exercise and way to socialize, and has now also found it’s way to Australia, London, Bangkok, Delhi, and many other cities around the world.

beer-yoga-3.png

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1

On 1/24/2020 at 3:16 PM, PleaseBlitz said:

‘Skull Breaker Challenge’ Circulating On TikTok Is Sending Kids To The Hospital

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — There’s a new disturbing trend on a popular cellphone app that’s causing children to get severely injured.

It’s called the Skull Breaker Challenge — the latest trend on the social media app TikTok that’s landing kids in the hospital.

Marc and Stacy Shenker’s 13-year-old son in Cherry Hill, New Jersey, is one victim.

“He suffered a concussion. As a result of the concussion, he also had a seizure,” Marc Shenker said.

“By the time I got to school, which was under 20 minutes, he was non-responsive and they had called an ambulance,” Stacy Shenker said.

One teen in Miami who doesn’t want to be identified was also injured.

“I don’t even know if it’s describable how much it hurts, not only physically but mentally,” the teen said.

The challenge calls for a victim to be fooled into thinking they’re learning a new dance. Instead, when they jump, two people on either side kick out the victim’s legs, causing them to fall and hit their head.

The Shenkers say they want to warn other families about the trend.

“A prank of this nature couldn’t just put a kid in the hospital but could actually kill someone,” Marc Shenker said.

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 1