Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The weird ass internet challanges thread.

Cooked Crack

Fun fact:  20 Mule Team Borax is named after the 20-mule teams that were used by William Tell Coleman's company to move borax out of Death Valley, California, to the nearest rail spur between 1883 and 1889.

• Thumb up 1

• 1 month later...

I am absolutely terrified about this now because my son has reached an age where these things happen at school and friends houses. 

and whatever the **** this Prime energy drink is, is clearly taking off with kids as well. 

I can talk to him all I want but it’s hit or miss whether he actually follows advice. 

Just as a side note - I love spicy food

but I have never understood people that (supposedly) like such spicy sauces that it ruins any ability to taste or enjoy the food. 

had a guy at a previous job that when we went to Asian food places he’d request the special slices rack (they all have one…) and load his dish up to the point he would swear profusely while eating, and could never finish the whole meal

like wtf is wrong with you. Your whole shtick is “watch, I ruin my food and continue to eat it while extremely uncomfortable and I can’t even taste it “

• Like 1

I think it's like weight lifting for some people. Just seeing how far they can push themselves. 

The whole part about paying money for food and being unable to enjoy it is what gets me. Just try some hot sauce on crackers if that's what you're after. 

Edit: I would also bet the guy at your job thinks he's impressing the restaurant staff by asking for the special spices. (He's not.)

Edited by dfitzo53
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...

South Korea warns against social media trend of eating fried toothpicks

A health warning from South Korea's food ministry has urged people not to eat fried toothpicks made of starch in a shape resembling curly fries, after the practice went viral in social media posts.

Video clips showing people consuming the deep-fried starch toothpicks with seasoning such as powdered cheese have racked up thousands of likes and shares on TikTok and Instagram.

3d8b044c6e7bed0794289d00626df1e5

"Their safety as food has not been verified," the Ministry of Food and Drug Safety said in a posting on Wednesday on social media platform X, formerly known as Twitter. "Please do not eat (them)."

Videos of the toothpicks, a sanitary product, being fried in oil and eaten were going viral, it added.

Food colouring is used to impart a green hue to the toothpicks, made from sweet potato or corn starch, which are seen as being environmentally friendly and biodegradable.

Click on the link for the full article

Apparently vanilla ice cream with olive oil and salt is another viral trend:

• 2 months later...

11-year-old boy dies after attempting viral ‘chroming’ social media challenge at sleepover

An 11-year-old boy died after attempting a social media challenge known as “chroming” at a friend’s sleepover on Saturday.

Lancashire Police were called to the scene around noon where they found Tommie-Lee Gracie Billington unresponsive.

Authorities said Tommie attempted the social media challenge “chroming.”

Chroming, also known as ‘huffing’ involves inhaling the fumes from cleaning products or toxic substances to get high, according to the Times of London. Inhaling these toxic chemicals can affect the nervous system, leading to slurred speech, dizziness and even death.

He was taken to a hospital, where he went into cardiac arrest and died.

“He died instantly after a sleepover at a friend’s house,” said the boy’s grandmother, Tina Burns. “The boys had tried the TikTok craze ‘chroming.”

• Sad 3

On 7/25/2023 at 11:13 AM, TheGreatBuzz said:

Why are we telling people not to do this?  Just let nature work.

This is why.

On 9/5/2023 at 10:42 AM, tshile said:

I am absolutely terrified about this now because my son has reached an age where these things happen at school and friends houses. 

and whatever the **** this Prime energy drink is, is clearly taking off with kids as well. 

I can talk to him all I want but it’s hit or miss whether he actually follows advice. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

South Orange middle school student hospitalized after social media 'blackout challenge'

School administrators in New Jersey are warning parents about another concerning social-media challenge that can put kids in danger.

Lynn Irby Hill, the principal at the South Orange Middle School in South Orange, sent out a letter to parents Tuesday about the "blackout challenge" becoming popular on TikTok.

The challenge involves students holding their breath until they pass out and there have been deaths reported as a result of kids participating in the challenge.

"These incidents are very scary and very avoidable. We will continue to warn our students about the dangers of the 'blackout challenge' and most, if not all, challenges promoted on social media," Hill said in the letter.

The school reported two incidents of students passing out.

• Sad 1

When i was a kid, we would get one guy to hyperventilate..  huff huff huff huff HUFF HUFF HUFF HUFF, then when he was good and huffing, we'd blow him a 'shotgun'.
If you don't know what that is.. well. .  we didn't hang out.
As soon as he filled his lungs with it, someone would grab him in a bear hug from behind at the solar plexus, lift him up, and everyone else would punch him in the chest until he couldn't hold the smoke anymore. 
Occasionally someone blacked out.

Hey, we were stupid, but no one died.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Haha 1