Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Miscellaneous Humor Thread---vids/gifs/pics/jokes---no articles, no "owned" stuff

Jumbo

10 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

2 days later it's $5.39 for regular at the same station. 20 cent jump. Fml.

Pulled into the pumps Saturday night & all they had was 93 @ $4.49. I risked it & only put about 3 gallons in the Tahoe. Yesterday I found 87 at an Exxon for $3.79 & it still cost me around 70 bucks to fill up. Keep in mind that I drive for a living & do anywhere from 500-1200 miles a week depending on how busy we are & how far out I have to go. Pretty soon it's going to be to where it'll cost me more to work then what I make. REALLY wish my company would do company gas cards instead of drive time rate & mileage reimbursement.

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Shaq….not good at math. Or thinking in general 

Actually. He’s right. 

at the end he said you go to half put 20$ in it’s 3/4. He’s right. The other clowns couldn’t keep up. 

also he’s advocating for dollar cost averaging during a gas crisis which is smart.

and the general idea that if you do what he says you’ll get rid of the 80$ shock to ease your mental state - you don’t have to ruin it by saying you get gas twice as often, just consider that dollar cost averaging. 

shaq smarter than all of them. 

It took a while but if you scroll long in that thread some people on Twitter get it

4EB963A5-45F2-403A-A1A3-C4794AD2D237.thumb.jpeg.dd53cb37844f9906009eb5566e00852c.jpeg

Edited by tshile
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, tshile said:

Actually. He’s right. 

at the end he said you go to half put 20$ in it’s 3/4. He’s right. The other clowns couldn’t keep up. 

also he’s advocating for dollar cost averaging during a gas crisis which is smart.

and the general idea that if you do what he says you’ll get rid of the 80$ shock to ease your mental state - you don’t have to ruin it by saying you get gas twice as often, just consider that dollar cost averaging. 

shaq smarter than all of them. 

It took a while but if you scroll long in that thread some people on Twitter get it

4EB963A5-45F2-403A-A1A3-C4794AD2D237.thumb.jpeg.dd53cb37844f9906009eb5566e00852c.jpeg

Well he said put $20 in to fill up the entire time until the very end but I think the idea is that it cost $80 to fill up regardless. So putting in $20 at a time doesn’t help at all, you just don’t drop it all at once. I guess mentally it helps people get by but that doesn’t address Kenny’s issue of it costing $80 to fill up whether you do it once a week or 4 times a week in smaller chunks, which Kenny expresses multiple times.  You’re just as likely to pay more if gas goes up that week than you are getting a better price, and Shaq doesn’t once mention dollar cost averaging so he doesn’t get credit for that.

it’s just a funny segment terribly argued by Shaq, it’s not like any of the 4 guys on set have to worry about $80 in gas anyway. 

• Thumb up 2

4 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Well he said put $20 in to fill up the entire time until the very end but I think the idea is that it cost $80 to fill up regardless. So putting in $20 at a time doesn’t help at all, you just don’t drop it all at once.

first he said do it in half’s. 40+40. He then said it would be better to do it in quarters. And his example was at half a tank +20$ you’d be at 3/4 of a tank. Which he’s right. But they couldn’t follow and told him no it’s be a quarter tank. 

i mean if you really want to pick at him, he should be doing the math based on capacity not dollars, cause dollars makes no sense whatsoever. But given how none of them could follow a basic math word problem I wouldn’t bother 😂 

I guess mentally it helps people get by but that doesn’t address Kenny’s issue of it costing $80 to fill up whether you do it once a week or 4 times a week in smaller chunks, which Kenny expresses multiple times.

yes. I think that was his point, which I mentioned. The complaint was the shock of 80$. He gave them away to avoid a shock. 

At no point did it appear to me that shaq thought this would make your gas cheaper. But those dumb dumbs couldn’t let go of the idea he was trying to say that, so they kept arguing against this idea (I don’t think) he was actually making, so they never bothered to actually listen to what he was saying. 

although with dollar cost averaging it does make it cheaper. Generally speaking. 

You’re just as likely to pay more if gas goes up that week than you are getting a better price, and Shaq doesn’t once mention dollar cost averaging so he doesn’t get credit for that.

well like I said they couldn’t handle basic fractions. So. I wouldn’t try to drop the term dollar cost averaging anyways. But, it’s true that what he was suggesting was dollar cost averaging which is smart. And the whole “it’s likely to be more expensive later” argument is sort of what dollar cost averaging seeks to be better than - randomly guessing what will happen (and being wrong, as people often are) usually costs more than taking an approach like dollar cost averaging 

They were arguing with shaq because his first sentence was "put 20 in at half to get back to full"   everything else after that was just him trying to walk back to something that actually makes sense.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

6 hours ago, tshile said:

first he said do it in half’s. 40+40. He then said it would be better to do it in quarters. And his example was at half a tank +20$ you’d be at 3/4 of a tank. Which he’s right. But they couldn’t follow and told him no it’s be a quarter tank. 

i mean if you really want to pick at him, he should be doing the math based on capacity not dollars, cause dollars makes no sense whatsoever. But given how none of them could follow a basic math word problem I wouldn’t bother 😂 

yes. I think that was his point, which I mentioned. The complaint was the shock of 80$. He gave them away to avoid a shock. 

At no point did it appear to me that shaq thought this would make your gas cheaper. But those dumb dumbs couldn’t let go of the idea he was trying to say that, so they kept arguing against this idea (I don’t think) he was actually making, so they never bothered to actually listen to what he was saying. 

although with dollar cost averaging it does make it cheaper. Generally speaking. 

well like I said they couldn’t handle basic fractions. So. I wouldn’t try to drop the term dollar cost averaging anyways. But, it’s true that what he was suggesting was dollar cost averaging which is smart. And the whole “it’s likely to be more expensive later” argument is sort of what dollar cost averaging seeks to be better than - randomly guessing what will happen (and being wrong, as people often are) usually costs more than taking an approach like dollar cost averaging 

i bet you are a lot of fun at parties 

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1