Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

5 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

St Patrick is a weird story. His Dad became a priest to avoid taxes, because he was rich. Pat was abducted and taken to Ireland (although Rome controlled the area and Pat was actually Italian) and put in a field to work the fields. He heard voices and said it was god. He escaped and went back to Brittan and became a priest. The church sent him back to Ireland to convert people to Christianity. Ireland was mostly pagans, nature based like Native Americans until Saint Crazy Pants came back and ruined everything. There never was a snake in Ireland either. That is referring to the pagen.

So, Patricus showed up as a Catholic talking crazy because of the voices that spoke to him and ran off all the people living like hobbits. Maybe that's why they never made him a saint.

But there's really no need for an excuse for everyone to drunkenly balter through the streets in reverie with their community.

And that's the important part.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

So is uh..King Chuck dead? Twitter was going crazy about Charles possibly passing yesterday. Or maybe Kate kicked it? It's a god damn soap opera. 🍿

So I've started actually paying attention to this the last few days. I'm betting William has a love child with some other chick whose husband died recently. I think Kate is wanting to burn the joint down and is being kept out of view to keep it secret. 

32 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

So I've started actually paying attention to this the last few days. I'm betting William has a love child with some other chick whose husband died recently. I think Kate is wanting to burn the joint down and is being kept out of view to keep it secret. 

Yeah, rumors was he got his side piece pregnant. But she (the Marchioness of Cholmondeley...for real) is in an open marriage due to her husband being gay. That and Kate's bad health was why Kate allegedly is m.i.a.

Soap opera clown show. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

3 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

3 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Yeah, rumors was he got his side piece pregnant. But she (the Marchioness of Cholmondeley...for real) is in an open marriage due to her husband being gay. That and Kate's bad health was why Kate allegedly is m.i.a.

Soap opera clown show. 

Gossiping about the ****ing Royals?  Not in my goddamn RTT.

• Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

On 3/16/2024 at 12:08 PM, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Massive corneal abrasions are about as fun as they sound

OK, so I hurt my eye on Friday evening. Had to take an Ambien to sleep that night. Pain was so bad on Saturday morning that I went to urgent care, and they diagnosed me with the corneal abrasion. Gave me some pain med and some eyedrops and said I should be feeling better quickly because it is a short recovery time but I spent the weekend in a self-induced medical coma.

broke down and had to go back to the eye doctor today I was in so much pain. Whatever the thing was that had gotten into my eye was stuck behind the eyelid and had been in there for four days, scratching me up and causing more damage. They found it and took it out. Has not been a fun time.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Sad 7
  • Thumb down 1

18 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Whatever the thing was that had gotten into my eye was stuck behind the eyelid and had been in there for four days, scratching me up and causing more damage. They found it and took it out. Has not been a fun time.

JFC, man.  Hope you feel better.  

23 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

OK, so I hurt my eye on Friday evening. Had to take an Ambien to sleep that night. Pain was so bad on Saturday morning that I went to urgent care, and they diagnosed me with the corneal abrasion. Gave me some pain med and some eyedrops and said I should be feeling better quickly because it is a short recovery time but I spent the weekend in a self-induced medical coma.

broke down and had to go back to the eye doctor today I was in so much pain. Whatever the thing was that had gotten into my eye was stuck behind the eyelid and had been in there for four days, scratching me up and causing more damage. They found it and took it out. Has not been a fun time.

That sounds like a literal nightmare. 

17 minutes ago, Chew said:

JFC, man.  Hope you feel better.  

Thanks man. I’m taking the first sick day of my life tomorrow. Apparently the cornea is full of stem cells and it regenerates rapidly so now that that thing is out, I should be feeling better pretty quickly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

How did they get it out?

Before I joined the Navy, I worked at a transmission shop and was grinding on a metal plate without wearing safety glasses. A sliver of metal got in my eye and I figured I would wait it out and it would work itself out. I was wrong. A few days later my eye started getting red and painful. Turned out the metal sliver had started to rust in my eye. They had to use some little robert arm with a drill bit thing to go clean it all out. Amd you are awake and can see while it is happening. Really creepy.

Wear your PPE everyone.

Edited by TheGreatBuzz
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

How did they get it out?

Before I joined the Navy, I worked at a transmission shop and was grinding on a metal plate without wearing safety glasses. A sliver of metal got in my eye and I figured I would wait it out and it would work itself out. I was wrong. A few days later my eye started getting red and painful. Turned put the metal sliver had started to rust in my eye. They had to use some little robert arm with a drill bit thing to go clean it all out. Amd you are awake and can see while it is happening. Really creepy.

Wear your PPE everyone.

Reading that made my eyes water. Mine was much less invasive. He flipped my eyelid and used this little poker thingy like you would see at a dentist office to get the thing out.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

How did they get it out?

Before I joined the Navy, I worked at a transmission shop and was grinding on a metal plate without wearing safety glasses. A sliver of metal got in my eye and I figured I would wait it out and it would work itself out. I was wrong. A few days later my eye started getting red and painful. Turned put the metal sliver had started to rust in my eye. They had to use some little robert arm with a drill bit thing to go clean it all out. Amd you are awake and can see while it is happening. Really creepy.

Wear your PPE everyone.

Did the same thing grinding off a piece of all thread.  Used one of those magnets that look like a tiny battery and got it out.  Still scratched the hell out of my eyeball.  

• Like 1

Walking home from school in 5th grade with my little brother when I turned around to talk to someone walking behind me. When I turned back around I walked into a rose bush branch that was hanging over the sidewalk. A thorn went straight into the white of my eyeball & broke off. Finished walking home & told my mom (a nurse). She tried using tweezers to pull it out lol. Obviously, that didn't work as I kept blinking. Went to an eye doctor who put novacaine drops in my eye & then pulled it out. No damage & the eyeball was fine. My eyelid was scratched a little bit on the inside but was fine after a day or 2. 

• Like 2

About 40 years ago, when we grew up out in the sticks…faraway from the acres of gleaming Miatas and the attendant 5 star hotel accommodations I enjoy in the 21st century, one of our “barn kitties” decided to uncork a litter in my bedroom closet…which was amazing!  BUT, after a few weeks the youngsters started rolling out of the closet at sunrise and jumping all over me in bed doing wild-ass kitten stuff.  On the 3rd/4th morning , a pair started going at it on the pillow just above my head and a back leg claw took a chunk right outta my cornea….HURT LIKE HELL!

Quick trip to the Opthalmologist and a few days in an eyepatch and I was right as rain.  It sucked tho.

Edited by TradeTheBeal!