Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

Most of the dummy books here are for cooking because I know appallingly little about cooking anything at all and mostly order out.

Plus I am extremely picky and won't use my big oven except for special occasions like baking Red Baron pizza.

You would think cooking would be easy because you just boil water and put pasta in but it's not. Things have to go with the pasta. I recently started putting vegetables in and I didn't do that before because I didn't have a peeler and just used frozen vegetables.

2 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Most of the dummy books here are for cooking because I know appallingly little about cooking anything at all and mostly order out.

Plus I am extremely picky and won't use my big oven except for special occasions like baking Red Baron pizza.

You would think cooking would be easy because you just boil water and put pasta in but it's not. Things have to go with the pasta. I recently started putting vegetables in and I didn't do that before because I didn't have a peeler and just used frozen vegetables.

Get an air frier. It makes things super easy.

Buy some chicken breasts. Marinate them(lather them up in spices/herbs). Let it sit for like 15 minutes. Put it in the frier and cook at 400 F for 5 minutes, flip them, then cook them again.

Easy peasy. And it tastes delicious. It'll last you multiple meals and will only cost like $10 at the supermarket.

• Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Get an air frier. It makes things super easy.

Buy some chicken breasts. Marinate them(lather them up in spices/herbs). Let it sit for like 15 minutes. Put it in the frier and cook at 400 F for 5 minutes, flip them, then cook them again.

Easy peasy. And it tastes delicious. It'll last you multiple meals and will only cost like $10 at the supermarket.

I do have a toaster / air fryer the food I fried was ice cold. in an air fryer. with the basket. how? 

8 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Man I wish home ec and shop would have been mandatory in school back in my day. 

In my day this was the perception of home ec at least for the male population

• Haha 1

Also in my day it wasn't fashionable to be a male chef. The perception changed with Emeril being the first TV chef and following in his footsteps a boom of TV personalities including Gordon Ramsay, John Folse, Curtis Stone, DC's own Jose Andres, et al

I will say if I had gotten hooked to Gordon earlier I probably wouldn't be this way, but too late. I'm lazy and don't want to cook, and especially clean up a sink full of dishes. Heck I just saw a sink full of dishes a few hours ago just stagnating in the sink I lost my temper and threw them all in the dishwasher. Tired of this ****

15 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Man I wish home ec and shop would have been mandatory in school back in my day. 

In sixth grade we had to take essentially every elective class. Basically so ya understood what you'd be signing up for in seventh and eighth grade. That's the only time I took home economics. I remember making a pillow and peanut butter Ritz crackers dipped in chocolate. Ah truly valuable knowledge. 😋

In home ec we sewed and cooked. If there was a cooking class and I knew what I knew now about celebrity chefs I probably would have put more effort.

Chefs in my day weren't rockstars. Now it's hip to be a celebrity chef.

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

Also in my day it wasn't fashionable to be a male chef. The perception changed with Emeril being the first TV chef and following in his footsteps a boom of TV personalities including Gordon Ramsay, John Folse, Curtis Stone, DC's own Jose Andres, et al

I will say if I had gotten hooked to Gordon earlier I probably wouldn't be this way, but too late. I'm lazy and don't want to cook, and especially clean up a sink full of dishes. Heck I just saw a sink full of dishes a few hours ago just stagnating in the sink I lost my temper and threw them all in the dishwasher. Tired of this ****

This is absurd.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

I actually made english muffin pizzas a few days ago to get rid of some stuff.  Sauce (I added some garlic & pepper), shredded mozz, ham & pineapple...easy and delicious. 

I bought English muffins last week. I can't believe how small they are now. I piece of fake sausage almost covered the entire muffin! I won't be buying them anymore...

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, EmirOfShmo said:

I bought English muffins last week. I can't believe how small they are now. I piece of fake sausage almost covered the entire muffin! I won't be buying them anymore...

I'm probably just a tad smaller 🤭

I like 'em with pbj for breakfast. 

• Thumb up 2

4 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Damn, my guy PB is smoother than I thought.

Enjoy the best 6 minute cooking vid of all time.  @ixcuincle this is mandatory viewing for you.  Not just as a cooking lesson, but incorporate this as a whole life philosophy.

In case you don't know who that guy is, he's the chef the Gordon Ramsay learned under, and made him cry:

• Thumb up 1