Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

3 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Everything Rockville except for American Legion (my arm was already a noodle from it all).  Did you play MCBA ball?  Rockville Elks.  Don't know why I don't remember playing SS in that league.  I know they had a travelling tournament team.  The "baseball association" select thing was huge, but seemingly underground.

My greatest moment was beating the St. Albans team.  We were so outmatched.  Top heavy, and boy did we have to play our best game ever.  13 inning game, won 8-6.  I drove in the go-ahead RBI, scored the insurance run, and got the last 2 strikeouts.  With the man I idolized, who taught me so much, coaching the other team.  I could tell he was proud of me.

I gotta write a book about my baseball life.  It was ****ing awesome.

Damn, that sounds amazing.  That was some MVP-like magic.  Rookie of the Year 2 lookin' ass.  20/20 Stroker.  RIP to your mentor ✊🏾.

You too?!  I miss baseball so much, man.  It was my identity as a teen, it's all I had.   Always wonder what would've happened had I not torn my rotator cuff at the end of my senior year and played for Frostburg State.  

I swear Rockville Elks sounds familiar, but not sure.  

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Chew said:

Damn, that sounds amazing.  That was some MVP-like magic.  Rookie of the Year 2 lookin' ass.  20/20 Stroker.  RIP to your mentor ✊🏾.

You too?!  I miss baseball so much, man.  It was my identity as a teen, it's all I had.   Always wonder what would've happened had I not torn my rotator cuff at the end of my senior year and played for Frostburg State.  

I swear Rockville Elks sounds familiar, but not sure.  

223010556_10165356985935290_8837882473341536320_n.thumb.jpg.e816568611e28fa843bba316ad9c0bfa.jpg

Here's a pic of the Elks.  I'm back row, third player from left.  Southpaw, I was going to walk on to a minor league squad.  Easily would've made single A (I still could, lol), but got caught up chasing poontang.  Played drums for some bands, partied...lost the desire.  Was never really in love with the sport.  People said I'd regret it, I don't.  I don't like to travel, and my arm health was suspect.  Dealt with Brucidis and chronic elbow problems.  I was dealing in the low to mid 90s at 18, southpaw.  I had a weird set of pitches.  2 seamer, curveball, splitter and knuckleball.  Splitter was basically my changeup where the bottom fell out at the plate.  I also played first base (could do the splits), and was backup catcher.  Yes, as a lefty, lol.  Pegged a few batters trying to throw people out stealing third.

What I miss the most was the atmosphere.  Nostalgia overload.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll
  • Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Chew said:

Drake dropped a new album at midnight, titled "Certified Lover Boy." ❤️ 

Lightskinned dudes nationwide this morning:

carebear-care-bear-stare.gif.d6f52880ce42df61f5627c63cffbf489.gif

Saw a tweet earlier, basically said "How I'm supposed to wife you if you ain't Ayesha enough," is the ****boy line of 2021.  

Already obnoxious as ****, I can tell.  Girls walking around wondering if they're Steph Curry wife enough, guys walking around like they're owed something.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Now I feel like I gotta go listen to the new Drake album on the off-chance I might actually like it.  This is a lesson in futility, I haven't liked any new rap in years, Kendrick Lamar aside.  

Time to see what @Chewis Care-Bearing about.

The album is slow, hopeless, and depressing.  It's the full lightskinned experience. 

Definitely not his best album but it's okay.  For sure some fillers in there.  

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Is Potbelly any good?

It's pretty good, yeah.  I haven't been in years cause Winchester doesn't have one but used to hit up one in Arlington quite a bit when I worked down there.

7 minutes ago, Chew said:

The album is slow, hopeless, and depressing.  It's the full lightskinned experience. 

Definitely not his best album but it's okay.  For sure some fillers in there.  

It's better than the Kanye one but that's a low bar he set.

• Like 1