Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

On 11/27/2020 at 5:19 AM, Califan007 said:

My daughter and her new spouse have to self-quarantine for 2 weeks after coming in contact with someone who later tested positive. They found out Wednesday evening so we didn't get together for Thanksgiving. They are getting tested today so keeping my fingers crossed and praying every test they take comes back negative.

update; daughter hasn't received her test results yet, but said today that she has a cough, sore throat, headache, and cannot taste or smell anything 😐...doesn't know if she has a fever (no thermometer) but doesn't feel like she does, and she isn't having any problems breathing. This sucks...

On the positive side, my niece and cousin both had COVID months ago, with my niece describing the same symptoms...both were ok. My daughter is younger than they are so hopefully that's a good sign.

• Sad 9

On 11/27/2020 at 8:19 AM, Califan007 said:

My daughter and her new spouse have to self-quarantine for 2 weeks after coming in contact with someone who later tested positive. They found out Wednesday evening so we didn't get together for Thanksgiving. They are getting tested today so keeping my fingers crossed and praying every test they take comes back negative.

When you say "came into contact" ... how close was the contact and for how long?

Apparently, some people will only learn the hard way (like in the story visionary posted above):

El Paso was still grieving when the coronavirus arrived. Now, death has overwhelmed it.

EL PASO — The coronavirus has overwhelmed El Paso for months, with few signs of abating.

Inmates were paid to move hundreds of bodies into mobile morgues; the National Guard is now in charge of the grim task. Funeral homes have turned storage closets into freezers to hold the dead. A crematorium broke down from overuse. The city’s convention center has been transformed into a field hospital. The county judge wonders whether the community has enough gravesites.

But for those not on the front lines, the same finger-pointing politics, virus denial, boredom and fear of losing livelihoods that have divided the country are compromising the collective will of a community that is mourning tragedy upon tragedy.

The city unified in the face of hatred last year, adopting the “El Paso Strong” ethos after 23 people were killed in an allegedly racist attack at a Walmart. El Paso is now struggling to summon the solidarity to transcend indifference and fatigue as scores of people are dying each day in a persisting pandemic.

“Unfortunately, as human beings, we want to see things for ourselves. We physically watched the shooting and could see the danger,” said Ana Lilia Holman, whose 86-year-old father, William Howard Holman, died of covid-19 on Nov. 12. “But we can’t see this virus, so people tend to doubt how severe it really is.”

Click on the link for the full article

20 hours ago, Califan007 said:

update; daughter hasn't received her test results yet, but said today that she has a cough, sore throat, headache, and cannot taste or smell anything 😐...doesn't know if she has a fever (no thermometer) but doesn't feel like she does, and she isn't having any problems breathing. This sucks...

On the positive side, my niece and cousin both had COVID months ago, with my niece describing the same symptoms...both were ok. My daughter is younger than they are so hopefully that's a good sign.

Some of my wife's colleague in her homecare caught it, and all lost taste and smell.

So I fear that your daughter will have a positive result out of the test.

So I would strongly suggest you and everyone around you to be cautious.

2 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

Some of my wife's colleague in her homecare caught it, and all lost taste and smell.

So I fear that your daughter will have a positive result out of the test.

So I would strongly suggest you and everyone around you to be cautious.

She got the results today, she tested positive 😐...still says she doesn't have any issues breathing.

• Like 2

Stay-at-home order for Los Angeles County goes into effect Monday

LOS ANGELES — Los Angeles County health officials have reported more 4,544 new COVID-19 cases and 24 more deaths Friday, as new safety orders, including a stay-at-home order, are set to go into effect as a result.

The new measures will go into effect on Monday and remain until December 20, according to Los Angeles County Public Health. Residents are advised to stay home as much as possible and always wear a face covering over their nose and mouth when outside their household and around others.

The additional safety modifications in the order include the following changes to the existing Health Officer Order:

-- Gatherings: all public and private gatherings with individuals not in your household are prohibited, except for church services and protests, which are constitutionally protected rights.

-- Occupancy limits at various businesses; all individuals at these sites are required to wear face coverings and keep at least 6 feet of distance:

-- Essential retail: 35% maximum occupancy;

-- Nonessential retail (includes indoor malls): 20% maximum occupancy;

-- Personal care services: 20% maximum occupancy;

-- Libraries: 20% maximum occupancy;

-- Fitness centers operating outdoors: 50% maximum occupancy;

-- Museums galleries, zoos, aquariums, botanical gardens operating outdoors: 50% maximum occupancy;

-- Mini-golf, batting cages, go-kart racing operating outdoors: 50% maximum occupancy;

-- Outdoor recreation activities all which require face coverings (except for swimming) and distancing: Beaches, trails and parks remain open; gatherings at these sites with members outside your household are prohibited. Golf courses, tennis courts, pickleball, archery ranges, skate parks, bike parks and community gardens remain open for individuals or members of a single household. Pools that serve more than one household may open only for regulated lap swimming with one person per lane. Drive-in movies/events/car parades are permitted provided occupants in each car are members of one household.

-- Schools: All schools and day camps remain open adhering to reopening protocols. K-12 Schools and Day Camps with an outbreak (3 cases or more over 14 days) should close for 14 days.

-- Closed nonessential businesses/activities:

-- Playgrounds (with the exception of playgrounds at childcare and schools;

-- Cardrooms;

-- Restaurants, bars, breweries and wineries remain closed for in- person dining and drinking because of the high rates of transmission in the community, as customers are not wearing face coverings, which results in an increased chance of transmission of the virus. Restaurants, wineries and breweries remain open for pick-up, delivery and take-out. Breweries and wineries remain open for retail sales at 20% occupancy.

Click on the link for the full article