Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

Talked to a work colleague from NJ today. He was bedridden with 4/5 of the common covid symptoms. He just got back from London, where he attended two soccer games against teams from Spain. With fans from Spain. You know, where there’s a huge outbreak. Should probably get him tested right? Nope, his fever isn’t high enough and he didn’t go to a “high risk” country (SK, China, Japan, Iran, and Italy). 

So testing. Yeah, we’re still doing this same ****. 

Edited by skinsfan_1215
  • Sad 2

Best Buy will be open from 10am-6pm and starting today and starting on March 23rd only supervisors and above and a few employees. Retail customers will have limited access to store and pickup will be curbside. 

Edited by zskins

32 minutes ago, Larry said:

I'm not certain it's the Presidents fault, either.  

Lots of other things I blame him for, just not sure that's one of them.  

We may need more information to come out.  My biggest question is why did we turn down WHO test to develop our own?  And when it became apparent that our own test development was a dumpster fire, were there opportunities to quickly import some from overseas?

• Like 1

Boaz, AL Pastor Invites Coronavirus Infected To Service

“So with boldness of faith if you have the coronavirus or feel threatened by such, you are most welcome at Boaz Church of God Sunday morning at 10 AM where we will anoint the sick with oil and pray the prayer of faith over you!”

The above invitation was sent out in a Facebook post from Chris Bartlett who serves as the Pastor of Boaz Church of God in Boaz, AL.

The statement, which is printed in full below, has caused extreme outrage on his Facebook post with some calling him an “absolute monster”, “idiot” and others questioning whether he is actually pro-life after all.

Click on the link for the full article

Edited by China
  • Sad 2

45 minutes ago, Larry said:

I'm not certain it's the Presidents fault, either.  

Lots of other things I blame him for, just not sure that's one of them.  

We won't know because he didn't make the effort.  Trump was writing the whole thing off right up until last week.  By mid-January, it was becoming apparent that this could turn serious outbreak.  The only thing he did right was banning travel from China/Iran.   Which was conveniently aligned with his politics anyway.   But then he didn't do the same thing with Italy and South Korea.   Because it didn't aligned with his politics.   At least, preparations could have been made.  I don't think its a stretch to say, that his attitude worked its way down to not just immediate subordinates but to even lower-level employees.    Imagine you worked for the CDC, would you start sounding alarm bells when you know Trump could have you fired for rocking the boat too much? 

Lets say my house is on fire, and my neighbor keeps telling me "its just a little fire that will burn itself out".   Then my house burns down.  Maybe if he helped, it would have burned down anyway, but its possible maybe if he helped immediately at least some of it could have been saved.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I’d say refusing CDC tests is pretty damning regarding whose fault the lack of testing was. Even if the CDC test had some false positives (i think someone mentioned that before) erring on the side of caution probably necessary.

I think it was WHO tests, not CDC tests, but I could be wrong.

2 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I’d say refusing CDC tests is pretty damning regarding whose fault the lack of testing was. Even if the CDC test had some false positives (i think someone mentioned that before) erring on the side of caution probably necessary.

you mean the WHO tests?

The CDC ones were having some inconclusive results

Here's a great Op-Ed in the Houston Chronicle. 

Summary: Basically a bunch of NIH/NSF funded academic labs are sitting idle and could be used to expand testing: 

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/opinion/outlook/article/To-save-lives-let-campus-labs-test-for-15138033.php?fbclid=IwAR2mO625RO4oL36HGxTbhuC1ADn5q1FF3Sr9KyMgDDX7G4ENwVXisI-oG_8

Edited by DCSaints_fan

"Reported US coronavirus cases in March"

Yeah, but I'd bet that a big part of that increase is due to increased testing.  

No doubt number of infections has increased in two weeks.  But not by a factor of 60.  

(And no doubt the number of actual infections is still grossly under-counted.)

Edited by Larry
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, bearrock said:

We may need more information to come out.  My biggest question is why did we turn down WHO test to develop our own?  And when it became apparent that our own test development was a dumpster fire, were there opportunities to quickly import some from overseas?

There was no such thing as a WHO test.  That is something that never existed.  It is just a dishonest talking point to spread distrust of the administration during a national emergency.  And I'm actually not being sarcastic this time.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1