Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

Took 5 hours to get my rapid results, 4 of which I spent in my car, came back negative.  Waiting in PCR results.

As I figured, no over the counter tests anywhere, Walmart was almost out of cough medicine as well.

Wife going to get scheduled PCR test with her friend same time, hopefully get results same time, all gonna lay low until then.  I'll get another test after them jus to be safe.

It is crazy out there right now, closest ABC store to me almost ran out of liquor and then employees, so closed with a sign in the door, had to go the next one, they heard about it, but not much.

Edited by Renegade7

8 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Hope and Denial are not the same thing...

That is a problem with people who don't understand simple Biology and with so many people against the vaccine it is not going away anytime soon. The human race will only survive this if the virus mutates to something that is just benign. Which is a hope but far from reality. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, zskins said:

That is a problem with people who don't understand simple Biology and with so many people against the vaccine it is not going away anytime soon. The human race will only survive this if the virus mutates to something that is just benign. Which is a hope but far from reality. 

Do you really think that Covid is going to cause the extinction of the human species?

Why?

• Thumb up 1

13 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Hope and Denial are not the same thing...

President Biden on Friday said he doesn’t think the coronavirus is here to stay, but added that he does think it will remain around the world.

“No, I don’t think COVID is here to stay, but having COVID in the environment here and in the world is probably here to stay,” he told reporters at the White House. 

What does that mean?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PeterMP said:

Do you really think that Covid is going to cause the extinction of the human species?

Why?

No not extinction. Survive through it somehow. The virus is not going anywhere because I don't see how you are going to get the whole planet vaxxed when there are people who are against it. It would have been different if everyone saw that vaccine was the way to stop the virus from spreading and killing it before it had a chance to mutate or keep on spreading.

Edited by zskins

4 minutes ago, mojo said:

President Biden on Friday said he doesn’t think the coronavirus is here to stay, but added that he does think it will remain around the world.

“No, I don’t think COVID is here to stay, but having COVID in the environment here and in the world is probably here to stay,” he told reporters at the White House. 

What does that mean?

Speculating, of course, but he probably meant "COVID restrictions" or some equivalent in the first reference.  So he doesn't think COVID restrictions are here to stay, but COVID will still be around in the environment.  i.e. it evolves to a less virulent form more along the lines of the flu, or we learn to deal with it better (or both).

Again, just speculating.  I didn't vote for him based on his spectacular communication skills.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, mojo said:

What does that mean?

They are running out of time to get their message straight in this before the midterms.

I'd rather they come out and just take the L aginst this virus going away then these mixed messages, be straight with me.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

They are running out of time to get their message straight in this before the midterms.

I'd rather they come out and just take the L aginst this virus going away then these mixed messages, be straight with me.

Totally agree.  

• Like 2

In the past week the media has made people think the flu and SARS COV 2 can combine, which they cannot, and now hastily reporting a combined Delta/Omicron variant that does not exist and is merely sample contamination.

The damage they are doing to people's psyches and their own reputation unnecessarily is scary at this point. This pattern of desperation to be the first to put something up without even five minutes of fact-checking is not high quality reporting and if you want to do it in something inconsequential like sports that's one thing, but this is a global pandemic and irresponsible.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2  co workers passed this past week 1 to covid the other more than likely of the same. 1 more in the hospital but no word on if its covid or not. Better than 50/50 chance it is imho.  Very difficult to be nice to the covidiots in here today. 

• Sad 5

Well,my brother,sister in law,and nephew got sick and he and his wife sported up and down fevers,(top end low grade),for several days. Decided after 4 days to get tested for "the other thing". Yep. Positive. Everyone vaxxed,(unsure of being boosted),so things weren't too horrible but they were a bit miserable. Work wise,I'm very much on guard. Tensions are starting to really run high now. It would appear management has been less than open with info about coworkers testing positive so watching for those who may not show up for awhile. Too many Fox/Breitbart members of the work force there and one or more of them are likely to say something stupid about the deaths of the coworkers and things could get out of hand. Add to that some of them come in on their off time maskless even though the place mandates them. And of course in the Red area I live in, there's the often mentioned maskless wonders who populate the place. Even my patience is running very much thin. I tend to mutter things under my breath that would get my fired or in a fight or both. Masks I wear comes in handy for that as well.  Locally, we're sitting at an 18.8% positivity rate and climbing. 3 1/2 weeks ago we were sitting at 7.7. 

• Sad 2

Hang in there and keep your head down (if possible). I feel your pain. We've had 14 announced + in the last 9 work days on our campus that has less than 200 or so come in every day. I'm one of the lucky ones who gets to be here 3x a week or more (some of my coworkers haven't been here in 21 months). 

Looking more like a when, not if, for me despite double masking, sanitizing,, and being triple shotted. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

On 1/8/2022 at 11:57 PM, Renegade7 said:

They’re already out of time. Way out of time. This administration has botched this wholly. And, considering how important the covid situation is to basically every persons daily life, it’s done. 

the only reason i would vote for him is that the firmly believe the threat from trump and the modern day GOP is real. And I don’t think that’s gonna work as something to rely on. 

“more competent than trump” is only going to carry you so far. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tshile said:

They’re already out of time. Way out of time. This administration has botched this wholly. And, considering how important the covid situation is to basically every persons daily life, it’s done. 

the only reason i would vote for him is that the firmly believe the threat from trump and the modern day GOP is real. And I don’t think that’s gonna work as something to rely on. 

“more competent than trump” is only going to carry you so far. 

I'd be curious what you think the administration could have done, accepting that the anti science party is against anything covid prevention. 

Seems like an unwinnable position for Biden to be in, imo.

• Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I'd be curious what you think the administration could have done, accepting that the anti science party is against anything covid prevention. 

Seems like an unwinnable position for Biden to be in, imo.

Well you certainly can’t say dumb stuff. 

and it’s not about me, it’s about the typical voter. They’ve done a terrible job in terms of leadership, with the way the average voter looks/thinks of things. 

what is it the Dems are gonna run on?

judges and agency appointments? Rejoining certain global initiatives? 

And who’s gonna run that ticket? Biden for re-election? Harris 😂?

im not sure how different ways of doing things would have worked out. But I know Biden tried to work from a place of compromise. And what he got was nothing he wanted, gaffes with covid, a bunch of supporters whining the rest of us aren’t giving him some sort of high praise for his economic numbers, and a general public that doesn’t approve of his administration. 

if he was going to sink Dems chances I’m 2024 he could have at least gotten some agenda items done in the first 2 years. But it looks like midterms are going to trash his ability to do anything in the last 2, and then first 2 are mired with covid issues and BBB not passing. 

Back to covid-

been here an hour waiting for the first of two negative tests I need 24 hours apart to return to work. 

This place is a mess despite being appointment only. 

yay outdated policies 

Edited by tshile